Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 273198 times)

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #780 on: February 21, 2017, 04:28:53 pm »
Also if having the exact historical proportions of people from specific ethnic groups is important does this mean you also oppose whitewashing or is it only a problem if there aren't enough white people?

Like did you protest the latest Potter film because it showed a pretty white Harlem?

I explicitly said that it wasn't.

I don't see much of a problem with diversifying WWI armies. The token black German exempted, it doesn't strain credulity for me (though tbf, I've never been a history buff). It may not be historically accurate, but it's hardly immersion-breaking.

I also disagree with his argument that DICE has an obligation to accurately portray the ethnic makeup of WWI armies. Were they using historical figures, I'd agree with him. Were they billing the game as historically accurate, I'd also agree with him. But AFAIK, all the playable characters were created for the game, and it makes no pretenses of being a documentary.

If you want to criticize me, fine, go ahead. But please don't make things up.

No you said you don't have much of a problem which means you have some problem. However you imply that if it were 'immersion-breaking' then you would have a problem. Personally it is immersion breaking to me that none of the playable characters are squirrels. Like fuck! we were there man.

We lost plenty of good squirrels that day.  :(
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #781 on: February 21, 2017, 04:33:21 pm »
Also if having the exact historical proportions of people from specific ethnic groups is important does this mean you also oppose whitewashing or is it only a problem if there aren't enough white people?

Like did you protest the latest Potter film because it showed a pretty white Harlem?

I don't see much of a problem with diversifying WWI armies. The token black German exempted, it doesn't strain credulity for me (though tbf, I've never been a history buff). It may not be historically accurate, but it's hardly immersion-breaking.

I also disagree with his argument that DICE has an obligation to accurately portray the ethnic makeup of WWI armies. Were they using historical figures, I'd agree with him. Were they billing the game as historically accurate, I'd also agree with him. But AFAIK, all the playable characters were created for the game, and it makes no pretenses of being a documentary.

No you said you don't have much of a problem which means you have some problem. However you imply that if it were 'immersion-breaking' then you would have a problem. Personally it is immersion breaking to me that none of the playable characters are squirrels. Like fuck! we were there man.

Never Forget

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #782 on: February 22, 2017, 02:26:25 am »

Never Forget

Why you forget the doggos? They had some good doggos who were strong enough to pull a Maxim gun on the battlefield and so they were given that task. So many of them died in the war that the breed went extinct.

...They were good doggos.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #783 on: February 22, 2017, 02:44:58 am »
But the over the top reactions here, push independents and others who come into contact with your opinions into his camp out of pure self defence

I'm a far-right conservative who wants Bill Pryor on the Supreme Court, the repeal of the Seventeenth Amendment, universal school choice, and the abolition of corporate income taxes. If my anti-Trump attitudes push you away in any direction, it should probably be toward the Left.

The second person left the GOP (including a minor position with the Minnesota party) over Trump's candidacy, and said he wished Evan McMullin would campaign in Minnesota.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #784 on: February 22, 2017, 03:17:24 am »
Question: what kind of person looks at the anti-Trump camp and then decides that the pro-Trump camp is less extreme?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #785 on: February 22, 2017, 04:40:58 am »
The pro-Trump guys may be extreme, but the anti-Trump folks are by far the most tubular.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #786 on: February 22, 2017, 05:18:56 am »
The pro-Trump guys may be extreme, but the anti-Trump folks are by far the most tubular.

Tubular

synonyms:

cylindrical
tube-like
pipe-like
tubiform

Let's try the wiktionary instead:

Shaped like a tube.

Of or pertaining to a tube.
Consisting of tubes.
(slang, dated) Cool, awesome.

...Are you saying that the anti-Trump people are awesome or shaped like tubes? Because this message isn't clear to me.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #787 on: February 22, 2017, 08:49:53 am »
Old 80s slang for cool, as far as I'm aware.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #788 on: February 22, 2017, 06:53:58 pm »
Aye. Because "extreme" was also 80's/90's slang for awesome. "On fleek" and "I can't even" weren't always what all the cool kids were saying.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 06:55:48 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #789 on: February 25, 2017, 09:54:16 pm »
Spotted in the Sydney Morning Herald's comment section.

KellyMelbourne,Feb 25 2017 at 10:18am
Yep - and perhaps that should tell you how the majority are feeling. Wake up!! And it's not "hate" its political correctness gone made that we're fed up with. Time to start governing what people want rather than governing to people's "feelings".
BanjoEden,Feb 25 2017 at 12:29pm
Kelly, your statement doesn't make logical sense. You begin with a reference to how the 'majority' are 'feeling' and you end with a dismissal of 'feeling'.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #790 on: February 26, 2017, 04:40:58 am »
So....an AR-15 in the hands of police= keeping one safe, yet an AR-15 in the hands of a law abiding citizen=felony?

...Maybe? If the laws say that having a
(click to show/hide)
AR-15 is a felony
(click to show/hide)
then that's the way it is.
(click to show/hide)

"Why can army have nukes but if law abiding citizen breaks the law and makes his own nuke then suddenly he is a criminal? Me no understand!"

Aside from the fact that "Mr. Random US citizen commenting on a 3 years old youtube video" is mostly wrong on his statement I still don't get why it's such a big deal that the police and military are allowed to use weapons and tools that are restricted or forbidden from civilians.

But this was yet another comment from people who complained about a local police station getting new guns and equipment to replace the Vietnam war era military surplus stuff they had been using for decades... Or as one person said it:

pathetic that you rely on other people to keep you safe.  i carry a gun daily and have a better AR than that.  i keep me and my family safe.  police are their to enforce the laws. and i respect them for that

...Isn't keeping people safe also a part of enforcing the laws?

EDIT:

...Bad education or a troll?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 04:43:28 am by Askold »

pyro

« Reply #791 on: February 26, 2017, 04:29:30 pm »
Troll. If she was serious she'd be calling them Indians.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #792 on: March 08, 2017, 01:21:52 am »
End Times radio broadcaster and unhinged conspiracy theorist Rick Wiles dedicated his radio program yesterday to warning that a secretive pedophile ring is working to destroy President Trump before he can expose their murderous global network.

Wiles said that Trump is “besieged by a slithering cabal of seditious snakes” who are attempting to carry out a coup against against him at the behest of the “perpetual war and pedophilia party that has ruled America since they assassinated John F. Kennedy in 1963.”

Wiles said that if Russia was responsible for leaking internal Clinton campaign emails, “then they deserve the highest citizenship award that this country can give anybody because they exposed the most vile, disgusting corruption I’ve seen in my lifetime.”

“It’s about pedophilia,” Wiles said:

They’re fighting like cornered animals to prevent their pedophile network from being exposed. … It’s about the darkest, most disgusting, vilest corruption you can imagine. And if the American people ever find out the truth about their politicians and their celebrities in Hollywood and their TV idols and their favorite TV anchormen and women, and they find out all these great famous people and they find out that they’re just child molesters—not only molesters, but child murderers, sacrificing children to Satan. When they find out, they will drag their bloody carcasses down Constitution Avenue in Washington, D.C., with meat hooks! They’ll have meat hooks in their carcasses.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #793 on: March 08, 2017, 01:48:54 am »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #794 on: March 17, 2017, 02:12:59 am »
https://www.reddit.com/r/olympia/comments/5zl2h8/14_years_ago_tomorrow_rachel_corrie_an_american/dezopae?context=2

]14 years ago tomorrow, Rachel Corrie, an American peace activist from Olympia, Wa. was deliberately crushed to death by an Israeli bulldozer, while undertaking nonviolent direct action to protect the home of a Palestinian family from demolition. Please do not forget this remarkable young woman.

Murdered is a strong word. I think the more accurate term would be suicide - albeit for a cause. She was a privileged foreigner, in a country and involving herself in a conflict where she had no right to be.

Murder implies intent to kill her. From all the evidence I've seen, she was trespassing and warned multiple times by the governing authority. She refused the orders, and they continued the job they were ordered to do.

In America if a cop (governing authority) tells you to stop running, or to drop your weapon, and you do not comply - lethal force will be used against you.

She was instructed by the governing authority to disband. She did not. They continued the task. She murdered herself if you take the emotion out of it and analyze the situation.

they did not stear the bulldozer towards her and chase her around the lot. They did not tie her down and run her over. Her death was not murder, it was by her own actions.

I'm not saying she shouldn't have done it, but let's keep it real and remember that she killed herself. Maybe she is a martyr, maybe not. I still think she could have made a larger difference if she had lived out her natural life. 

What is so insane about it? If you disobey an authority figure, lethal harm can be used. I believe the bulldozer operators knowledge is a mute point. Even if he did know she was there, it was her decision to put herself in front of him. It's pretty cut and dry suicide, not murder.

What's insane to me is using the word "murder" when she was by all means, not murdered.

...And it just goes on and on.