Author Topic: Andrew Garfield wants male MJ  (Read 9013 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Andrew Garfield wants male MJ
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2013, 03:52:53 pm »
I would have thought that superheroes would be immune to HIV.

Do the comics show them getting colds and other illnesses as well?
Sometimes. It's a good way to create a disadvantage for them.
Spiderman has had several fights where he otherwise would have had no trouble but was suffering from some sickness or hadn't recovered from his previous fights.

Someone once said that the only hero who takes bigger beating in his fights than Spiderman is Wolverine, but Spidey doesn't have super-healing ability.

And I remember some stories about Ironman where he was suffering from injuries or just having the chest rig break down or lack power making him nearly defenseless.
There was also the time he was struck by lightning, and that, combined with the Y2K bug, made the armor sentient, which proceeded to become nicknamed "Tony's Abusive Boyfriend".

Actually the armor does become sentient anyways. The Hypervelocity armor. It basically copied Tony's mind and can act as him.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2013, 04:26:15 pm »
I would have thought that superheroes would be immune to HIV.

Do the comics show them getting colds and other illnesses as well?
Sometimes. It's a good way to create a disadvantage for them.
Spiderman has had several fights where he otherwise would have had no trouble but was suffering from some sickness or hadn't recovered from his previous fights.

Someone once said that the only hero who takes bigger beating in his fights than Spiderman is Wolverine, but Spidey doesn't have super-healing ability.

And I remember some stories about Ironman where he was suffering from injuries or just having the chest rig break down or lack power making him nearly defenseless.
There was also the time he was struck by lightning, and that, combined with the Y2K bug, made the armor sentient, which proceeded to become nicknamed "Tony's Abusive Boyfriend".

Then a cult named the Sons of Yinsin try to resurrect Yinsin with it and the whole thing ends up being infected by Ultron and yeah...messy times.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2013, 05:29:13 pm »
Anytime I don't understand something, I just say "Comic Books" and the need for understanding no longer exists.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet