Author Topic: TV Shows  (Read 139553 times)

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Re: TV Shows
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2013, 02:08:07 am »
So who watches "Once Upon A Time" on ABC?

It feels like a fleshed out version of the movie series "The 10th Kingdom" to me.

Which in itself was a summer-long miniseries, back in the day on ABC.

... Now I wanna watch it again.  That was good stuff.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2013, 02:11:15 am »
To me, Once Upon a Time is in the same vein as Mercades Lackey's versions of fairy tales.  Just enough there for everything to be familiar, but completely different from the source material.

Ironbite-and Amy Acker

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2013, 03:12:51 pm »
I tried to watch Big Bang Theory, but I really didn't find any of it funny. Sheldon was more of an irritant than anything.

Fucking this. I feel like the majority of the Big Bang Theory's "humor" comes from how "awkward" and "weird" Sheldon is. Sorry if I don't find stereotyping geek subculture funny.
Who needs a signature?

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2013, 03:33:15 pm »
It's the Urkel Effect.   The Big Bang Theory has now become The Sheldon Show.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2013, 04:43:23 pm »
So who watches "Once Upon A Time" on ABC?

It feels like a fleshed out version of the movie series "The 10th Kingdom" to me.

So, somebody else was reminded of The 10th Kingdom from their first impression of Once Upon A Time.

wrightway

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2013, 06:44:39 pm »
I tried to watch Big Bang Theory, but I really didn't find any of it funny. Sheldon was more of an irritant than anything.

Fucking this. I feel like the majority of the Big Bang Theory's "humor" comes from how "awkward" and "weird" Sheldon is. Sorry if I don't find stereotyping geek subculture funny.

It breaks my viewer heart that BBT is the show that's killing Community. It really does.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2013, 08:56:50 pm »
I don't like BBT or the IT crowd even though people said I would. I just find BBT offensive and I can't get into IT crowd no matter how hard I try. I think it's the style.

I keep finding myself watching Golden Girls when it's on TV but when it's not I'm watching Star Trek and whatever else I feel like on Netflix.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2013, 11:14:27 pm »
I might be interested in looking around at haunted houses. You could say I have a morgue interest in the idea of the dead becoming a curse upon the living.

Ghost Hunter shows...I enjoyed watching some of syfy's and destination america's ones, like A Haunting and some others. The, ah, atmosphere of Dead Files is its strongest point, so I like that one too.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2013, 11:50:02 pm »
I don't like BBT or the IT crowd even though people said I would. I just find BBT offensive and I can't get into IT crowd no matter how hard I try. I think it's the style.

On the IT Crowd... I kind of agree. I found the first episode amusing, but once I got to the other episode... most of the time I was bored. It was like a fully blown balloon that later deflated and it's... just not fun anymore.

I will never get into the Big Bang Theory. It's mostly strawman fanboy stuff, aside sexism ("Okay, here's the episode about some girls going into a comic shop, girls don't go to comic shops! That's what funny about this episode!") and other irritant shit. More shameful, some of my idols (like Wil Wheaton and other stars of Star Trek: The Next Generation) have to embrace this lousy program because they're occasionally a part of it.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2013, 04:27:37 am »
Oh yes, i forgot to mention.

I FUCKING LOVE THE FOLLOWING
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Moltar

• Bishop
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2013, 10:58:18 pm »
The Prisoner, if you thought the ending of neon genesis evangelion was weird try watching this.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2013, 11:28:30 am »
I must say, I had rather low expectations going into season 4 of Dexter. Dexter getting married and having a kid, how could that possibly go right? Boy was I wrong about that. It starts a little slow, but once you get to episodes 8 and 9, lets just say some really interesting shit goes down.

wrightway

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2013, 12:30:57 pm »
Community's season finale is tomorrow night. I think they may have finally jumped the shark by allowing the darkest timeline to exist outside of Abed's head.

Also, was anyone else irked by the introduction of dragonformers to Transformers Prime?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2013, 01:16:39 pm »
I think you need to step because TRANSFORMING ROBOT DRAGONS!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2013, 06:17:03 am »
Started watching dexter again. I forgot how much i liked it, but his method of killing is so BORING. Just a single stab, even though he brings so many sharp and pointy object yet he only uses the one.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.