Author Topic: "Refugee" board?  (Read 7299 times)

Offline Aqualung

• Crazy Person Magnet
  • Apprentice
  • I don't know and neither do you!
"Refugee" board?
« on: January 04, 2012, 06:17:12 pm »
I was just wondering why we're still called FSTDT Refugee Board, since this will (hopefully) be our permanent home now. Or will 'refugee' be removed eventually?
"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun." --Billy Joel

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
Re: "Refugee" board?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 06:21:12 pm »
Before, we were the refugees. Now, the board is the refugee.
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought

Offline Keiro Dreamwalker

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 06:52:45 pm »
Up to the other admins to decide. I copied Proboards exactly in terms of how the Forums is set up.
You have made a place in my heart where I thought there was no room for anything else. You have made flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones. Remember this, on this journey you insist on making. If you die, I will not survive you long. Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 07:46:02 pm »
We are the FSTDT Forumites, migrating from forum to forum, ever-wary of our eternal enemy, the banhammer. While the Mainpagers continue to jeer and lead their lives, the Forumites lead a simple but noble existence, following only the whims of their own hearts and their endless thirst for lulz.

/corny prose
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 08:21:01 pm »
Keeping the title makes the transition a little easier in my opinion. It feels like home, but with a fresh paint job and some spring cleaning.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 03:24:44 pm »
Wait, that was what Refugee referred to? I thought is stood for being a refugee from fundies.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 10:46:33 am »
No, basically we were refugees because our "home" was destroyed, what with Yahweh going overkill on the old site.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 06:20:49 pm »
No, basically we were refugees because our "home" was destroyed, what with Yahweh going overkill on the old site.

What happened? D:
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 06:24:22 pm »
In the beginning there was the void. And out of the void spoke Winace:

"I bring unto you a wonderful land full of lulz and fuckery"

And lo Christians Say the Darndest Things was born. But the great Winace was a wise creator and looking upon the whole of the internet he saw it was not Christians, but fundies who were to blame....

Someone needs to type up a "History of FSTDT" and then link it on the mainpage.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 07:59:41 pm »
He passed the torch onto Yahweh, Yahweh got increasingly closer to a breakdown as the boards were constantly fucking up, she put the whole damn thing on view only out of nowhere, Distind recollected the pieces & created the refugee board, then Proboards started being all Puritan & shit, so here we are, the end.