Author Topic: Xian magazine: Sex with Demons turns you gay.  (Read 7986 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Xian magazine: Sex with Demons turns you gay.
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2012, 06:58:41 pm »
She's also a former stripper who got saved and is now trying to justify her past behavior.  That's all.

Ironbite-the fact that she's just neutered her own god means nothing to these people

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2012, 07:23:43 pm »
She's also a former stripper who got saved and is now trying to justify her past behavior.  That's all.

Ironbite-the fact that she's just neutered her own god means nothing to these people

I don't understand why converts or born-agains feel the need to justify their past behavior.  Isn't the point to forget your past and move on and focus on living a godly future?  Isn't the important thing to stop living as you did before conversion?  You'd think that just by converting or being born-again, you're already acknowledging that you were living a sinful, godless life.  The whole point of the religion is to be saved through Jesus despite your past sins, and that if you follow Jesus' teachings, you're forgiven as long as you're genuine.  Instead, they feel they have to justify to their peers and to God that their past behavior wasn't really their fault, and that it was actually demons or Satan who was making them do it.  You'd think that as forgiving and merciful as Christianity advertises itself to be, the right thing to do would be to just admit, "I've made mistakes, I'm not proud of them, but I want to change and that's why I'm here."

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2012, 07:31:38 pm »

I don't understand why converts or born-agains feel the need to justify their past behavior.  Isn't the point to forget your past and move on and focus on living a godly future?  Isn't the important thing to stop living as you did before conversion?  You'd think that just by converting or being born-again, you're already acknowledging that you were living a sinful, godless life.  The whole point of the religion is to be saved through Jesus despite your past sins, and that if you follow Jesus' teachings, you're forgiven as long as you're genuine.  Instead, they feel they have to justify to their peers and to God that their past behavior wasn't really their fault, and that it was actually demons or Satan who was making them do it.  You'd think that as forgiving and merciful as Christianity advertises itself to be, the right thing to do would be to just admit, "I've made mistakes, I'm not proud of them, but I want to change and that's why I'm here."

From what I've seen, converts, especially Christian ones aren't really looking to change their behavior or they don't really know how. Most of them just want to cover up their behavior or try to down play it by saying "But, I'm a Christian so I'm really a good person". They're fighting their ego when they do this, which usually wins in the process and so instead of honest trying to change, it tells them to just justify it so they don't have to actually admit a fault.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2012, 07:58:21 pm »

From what I've seen, converts, especially Christian ones aren't really looking to change their behavior or they don't really know how. Most of them just want to cover up their behavior or try to down play it by saying "But, I'm a Christian so I'm really a good person". They're fighting their ego when they do this, which usually wins in the process and so instead of honest trying to change, it tells them to just justify it so they don't have to actually admit a fault.

You know, for as much as people like this try and say how atheists are only atheist so they won't have to be responsible for their actions, it must be nice to have a legion of demons you can foist blame onto whenever you screw up.  It's almost like you're not personally responsible or something.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2012, 08:13:28 pm »

You know, for as much as people like this try and say how atheists are only atheist so they won't have to be responsible for their actions, it must be nice to have a legion of demons you can foist blame onto whenever you screw up.  It's almost like you're not personally responsible or something.

Hm, I can be a prick in every way, but still be called a good person who deserves an eternity of sunshine daisies and unicorn farts? Sounds like an ego stroker to me.