Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1463448 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #870 on: August 19, 2012, 06:13:48 pm »
I remember someone gave me a key in the first big town that doesn't get fucked by a dragon.  Not sure if it's for a house or what.

Ironbite-also the house in Whiterun costs 5000....argness.

Offline tygerarmy

• Zombie Dog Breeder
  • Pope
  • I'm not naked I'm Tattooed
    • Facebook
« Reply #871 on: August 20, 2012, 02:35:04 am »
I just started playing Skyrim again.  I just gotta unlock the werewolf and vampire achievements from Dawnguard.
I'm on my fifth play through.  Enemies are based on your level but Giants have a higher minimum level so you may not be strong enough to take them out.  I was just annoyed how Shadowmere was made not essential this game and can now dies all the time at high levels and then respawns a month later where he died.
Twitter Soldier in sour armor tumblr

Distind

« Reply #872 on: August 20, 2012, 06:47:16 am »
I remember someone gave me a key in the first big town that doesn't get fucked by a dragon.  Not sure if it's for a house or what.

Give it a while and some side quests, I've managed 3k in the normal course of events up until you get the chance to buy it. A couple side runs and instant house.

Bug some people for jobs, it typically does the trick.

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #873 on: August 20, 2012, 01:06:20 pm »
If you're not up to date on patches, don't buy the mansion in Solitude. It's a little glitchy in the base game. Hjerim, the house in Windhelm, kicks ass, however.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #874 on: August 20, 2012, 02:49:09 pm »

What's the name of the key?

As a personal side note, I has now amassed a total of 200,000 gold.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 02:50:49 pm by VirtualStranger »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #875 on: August 20, 2012, 03:29:32 pm »
Its the key to the house of the Stormcloak dude's sister's house.

Ironbite-which I can't really find and am not gonna worry bout.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #876 on: August 20, 2012, 03:33:24 pm »
Its the key to the house of the Stormcloak dude's sister's house.

Ironbite-which I can't really find and am not gonna worry bout.

It's not very useful unless you're near Riverwood and need a free place to sleep.

It's number 5

(click to show/hide)

Distind

« Reply #877 on: August 21, 2012, 01:24:27 pm »
Since we're yammering on about skyrim.

Any suggestions on improving armor skills? I have this habit of killing things in one hit, or dying. I'd like to avoid that.

That said, enhanced dwarven crossbow shooting exploding fire bolts is a blast. Literally. Don't use it close to the target.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 01:25:58 pm by Distind »

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #878 on: August 21, 2012, 01:32:36 pm »
Since we yammering on about skyrim.

Any suggestions on improving armor skills? I have this habit of killing things in one hit, or dying. I'd like to avoid that.

That said, enhanced dwarven crossbow shooting exploding fire bolts is a blast. Literally. Don't use it close to the target.

If your going for heavy armor, complete the Companions quest-line and get Farkas as a follower. He's a high-level heavy armor trainer. He's also a follower, which means you can just ask to see his inventory to take the training fee back afterwards.

There's also the old "Stand there getting hit and keep healing yourself" trick.

Armor skill increases whenever your armor successfully resists damage. Therefore, the only way to level it up in combat is to get hit.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #879 on: August 22, 2012, 05:04:16 am »
There's always the Alchemy trick to make your weapons and armor superpowerful, so you can drop a dragon or giant in one hit.  The problem is the game gets a little boring at that point.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #880 on: August 22, 2012, 06:57:22 am »

Raise the difficulty. I normally play on the easiest difficulty, but on my current playthrough, I am using all skills, so need to be able to use them as much as possible. Raising the difficulty means I get hit more (light and heavy armor goes up) and I have to hit more (1-handed, 2-handed, and Destruction increase).

You can change difficulty in the middle of combat, so if you encounter something you cannot kill or run away from, drop the difficulty until you finish the fight.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #881 on: August 22, 2012, 07:16:16 am »

Find a wolf and just let it take bites out of you. Or a skeever. Heal yourself when needed. This also works for block.

Unrelated to Skyrim: Will anyone be playing GW2 when it's released?
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #882 on: August 22, 2012, 08:26:37 am »
I'm not sure, actually.  So far, the game hasn't really done anything that made me go "OH MAN!  I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS MMO TO BE RELEASED! :D"

It's done some things that are interesting, and I like some of the races, but I'm having trouble finding that urge to play.

I wonder if it has anything to do with me trying out the 24 hour free trial of the original Guild Wars and absolutely hating it...
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #883 on: August 22, 2012, 08:28:31 am »
I'm not sure, actually.  So far, the game hasn't really done anything that made me go "OH MAN!  I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS MMO TO BE RELEASED! :D"

It's done some things that are interesting, and I like some of the races, but I'm having trouble finding that urge to play.

I wonder if it has anything to do with me trying out the 24 hour free trial of the original Guild Wars and absolutely hating it...

I pre-ordered and participated in all the beta events. GW2 is super different from the first game.
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #884 on: August 22, 2012, 08:38:43 am »

I pre-ordered and participated in all the beta events. GW2 is super different from the first game.

I could actually tell it was super different, but like I said, I wonder if my experience with the first game is making me feel "meh" about the sequel.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet