Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1462143 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #330 on: April 26, 2012, 02:27:14 pm »
I was playing my Pokemon SS game again, and I found out my Clefable, Cuddles has enough EV to get the Effort Ribbon.  Now I just need to finish off his moveset (including giving him Frustration), p*** him off, and send him into the Battle Hall.  I'm not counting on him doing well, but it'll be fun to try.

Isn't it easier to use Return instead? Since, well, it's easier to raise Happiness than to lower it. But if you insists, feed the thing a lot of Herbs and try . Also, if you have 2 DS/have a friend, trading resets Happiness back to its default level (around 70), so you could try that. Here's a more detailed FAQ about Happiness if you want more info.

Return would be easier, but the whole point is to take the cute little mon, turn it into a demon-beast that hisses and spits and at very thought of me, and then send it into battle.  As I said, it's just for fun, though I'll be pleasantly shocked if little Cuddles does well in the BH.

As for the trading, my wife has a DS, and I also have Platinum so I will be doing the trading.  Thanks for the tip.

In addition to Frustration I was thinking of Magical Leaf (to counter double team, sand attack, etc.), Brick Break (for steel types) and also for steel types, either Fire Punch of Flame Thrower.  FT is more damaging, but i'm not sure if I want to waste it on Cuddles when I might need it for someone else later (since it costs quite a few coints to buy).  I was tempted to give him FT, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt so he'd have all 3 elemental attacks, but the entire point is for Cuddles to embrace his hatred of me and use it to destroy everyone in his path. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #331 on: April 26, 2012, 02:53:40 pm »
Riot Shotguns also work wonders.

I only have the Hunting Shotgun.

Ironbite-with full mods.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #332 on: April 26, 2012, 03:06:39 pm »
Have a new hatred for Deathclaws.

Trust me, the Tunnelers in Lonesome Road are arguably WORSE.

They're introduced by a Deathclaw being easily killed by one!
(click to show/hide)

Don't have the DLC so I'm not worried bout them and also....that Deathclaw was suffering from Radiation sickness so it was weaker.

Ironbite-show me a Tunneler killing the Legendary Deathclaw and we'll talk

Couldn't find a video on YouTube, have the Xbox 360 version (so no console usage to spawn a Tunneler and Legendary Deathclaw in the same location), and even if you could use the developer's console in the 360 version, my 360 controllers have stopped working, even with the batteries changed. But, really, Tunnellers are mainly dangerous because they come in swarms, whereas Deathclaws hit like trucks. It's really a matter of if you're better with crowd control (read: explosives) or killing a single enemy quickly.

Yeah, though both are annoying, I'm much more scared by Deathclaws then I am by Tunnlers.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #333 on: April 26, 2012, 05:46:24 pm »
But, my fiancee's trying to talk me into doing a Torchlight 2 Give away, anyone else here interested in the game?

I am interested. I played the first one on the Xbox and really like it. Sadly, I am going to have to put it off for a while. Until I get a job, I need to watch my funds.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #334 on: April 26, 2012, 10:23:11 pm »
So.  I randomly bought a 3DS.

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean is pretty good.  Also, I am mildly disappointed that Sonic Generations was apparently heavily truncated when they ported it over to 3DS.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #335 on: April 27, 2012, 09:39:22 am »
Sleeeeepy I'm stuuuuuck in Witcher 2. :(

Stupid Letho.

I wish I could play. My desktop back home ran it, just not well. I only have lappytop now. :(

:( Did you ever beat the kingslayer? I could use some tips. The guide only told me 'he's a witcher, dodge his shit'.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #336 on: April 27, 2012, 11:09:03 am »

Stupid Letho.

I wish I could play. My desktop back home ran it, just not well. I only have lappytop now. :(

:( Did you ever beat the kingslayer? I could use some tips. The guide only told me 'he's a witcher, dodge his shit'.

Unfortunately, I never got very far because of how poorly it ran.

I need to magic up a nice desktop.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #337 on: April 27, 2012, 11:13:23 am »
This was a long time ago:

I was playing Jagged alliance 2 and I was trying to be really sneaky-quiet in one mission. I had my main character armed with a supressed Beretta 93R pistol and tooled and trained for stealth. After killing one enemy soldier I happened to find a MP5K and realising that it uses the same ammo as the pistol armed him with it. I also found out that I could arm a merc with two pistols/smgs at the same time. (I was new to the game and this was one of the first missions.) My merc had been left in overwatch/guard/whatever as I was waiting for my slower and less sneaky mercs to position themselves when one of the enemies happened to walk near my main merc.

This was the first time I used the overwatch mode so I was suprised that it was automatic and I had no control over the merc as he gets up and zip-BANG!-BANG!-BANG!-zip-AAARGH!

...Hmmm. So when I equip two weapons both are used automatically, this is important information. Another important bit is to find a second supressor for the smg SINCE LOUD AUTOMATIC FIRE DOES NOT COUNT AS: SNEAKY-STEALTHY-ACTION!

Anyway that particular enemy was killed in one go but not suprisingly other guards heard the gunshots. Second guard runs up and before you can say "What's all this then?" my merc turns around and -zip-BANG!-BANG!-BANG!-zip- another dead enemy. OK maybe this isn't so bad after all, maybe the other guards are too far back to have-OH FUCK! A THIRD GUARD IS COMING AN-zip-BANG!-BANG!-BANG!-zip-

Three soldiers, all killed in one burst. Maybe stealth is overrated.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #338 on: April 27, 2012, 08:17:44 pm »

Stupid Letho.

Unfortunately, I never got very far because of how poorly it ran.

I need to magic up a nice desktop.

Awww. :( I hope you get a nice new one, then!

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #339 on: May 02, 2012, 03:53:00 pm »
So apparently Dice and EA have released a series of "shortcut bundles".  They're basically "pay to unlock" bundles for each class, ground vehicles, and air vehicles, or you can buy the "Ultimate Bundle" and get it all at once.

Now, I sort of have mixed feelings on this.  I know a lot of people don't get to play the game too much and those people might like to try some of the other weapons that are hard to unlock.  I myself thought about getting the air bundle just because I can't even get off the ground without getting shot down because all the other pilots have so much better gear than me.

However, these bundles aren't cheap, with the Ultimate Bundle being $40.  That's 2/3 the price of BF3 ITSELF.  Also, it, in my opinion, kind of ruins a lot of the replayability if there's nothing left to unlock in the game.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline jumpingjackflash

• Agent Swears-A-Lot Peashooter
  • Pope
  • Burn, baby, burn!
« Reply #340 on: May 03, 2012, 09:56:08 pm »
Anyway...anybody here who loves rail shooter/light gun games (Time Crisis, House of the Dead etc.) besides me?
Ok seriously, is nobody even going to try and avenge my man-burrito?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #341 on: May 03, 2012, 10:11:40 pm »
I used to quite a fan of Silent Scope back in the day.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #342 on: May 04, 2012, 05:50:55 pm »
My Pokemon, Cuddles, is currently up to 90 wins in the Battle Hall.  Not bad for an odious little puffball, though I'm not sure how much longer she'll last.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #343 on: May 04, 2012, 11:57:58 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6m9-Dret0U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6m9-Dret0U</a>

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #344 on: May 05, 2012, 12:28:25 am »
Anyway...anybody here who loves rail shooter/light gun games (Time Crisis, House of the Dead etc.) besides me?

I have always loved the Time crisis series. The dodging mechanic is something that separates it from other shooters and the games are really fun to play.

I especially liked when one of the games had a chopper that was basically a call back to retro rail shooters. That is to say that the whole side of the chopper was covered in tiny 'turrets' that were basically just a square with a gun barrel in it. It really reminded me of the Atari ST era shooters.

Then again there is no beating the classics like Operation Wolf.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!