Author Topic: Sex Crime Allegations Against Roy Moore  (Read 10949 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Sex Crime Allegations Against Roy Moore
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2017, 02:02:26 am »

In a different world this would have been an exaggerated joke...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Online dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2017, 02:05:58 am »
Republicans: Sharia is bad, let's have our religious law!
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2017, 09:53:41 pm »
To me, what's really disheartening about all this is the number of people defending Moore. I can understand people saying we shouldn't presume his guilt. What I can't understand are the people trying to downplay or deflect. It reminds me of all those celebs who defended Roman Polanski.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Online dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 02:50:10 pm »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/roy-moore-republican-mcconnell-cory-gardner-1.4400882

What's worse for the Senate GOP than Roy Moore losing?

Roy Moore winning.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 03:49:16 pm »
Jesus.  That'll kill them in Alabama as the Neo Nazi Pedophiles come out in droves to protest this.

Ironbite-and they'll try and find someone worse then Moore to vote in.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2017, 04:10:54 pm »
Nah, they Republicans and Libertarians will understand that electing a child molester is a small price to pay to stop a Democrat from getting elected.

I mean, that's why they preferred Trump over Clinton so why would they care about a lesser politician?

EDIT:

Latest defense to this scandal: If he did it, he was a Democrat back then. That's what Rush Limbaugh is now saying.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 05:48:07 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2017, 04:21:32 pm »
Yeah Rush might wanna stay quiet least someone comes out against him.

Ironbite-also latest Republican-led poll has Moore down 12.

Online dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2017, 05:59:03 pm »
Yeah Rush might wanna stay quiet least someone comes out against him.

Ironbite-also latest Republican-led poll has Moore down 12.

Imagine if the Dems had managed to pick off the Louisiana Senate runoff back last December...

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2017, 06:46:34 pm »
They came close in every special election though.  Even in places they shouldn't have.  Gotta give 'em that much credit for making that much ground after The Orange Piss Pot won.

Online dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2017, 07:09:52 pm »
They came close in every special election though.  Even in places they shouldn't have.  Gotta give 'em that much credit for making that much ground after The Orange Piss Pot won.

Yeah, but because the Senate has authority over appointments, it's arguably more consequential than the House. True, the GOP has been voting as a bloc on all the insane lunatic judicial nominees, but still...

EDIT: http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/roy-moore-yearbook-handwriting-1.4403782

Who's not saying Moore should step aside? Trump, of course.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:39:26 pm by dpareja »

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2017, 06:43:34 am »

EDIT:

Latest defense to this scandal: If he did it, he was a Democrat back then. That's what Rush Limbaugh is now saying.

I...but...you...what?  I mean....eh?

People; I don't get 'em.  Like seriously, things like this blow my fucking mind.  Just when you think people couldn't lower your expectations of the human race anymore, assholes like pop up.

Online dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2017, 09:09:13 pm »
Overheard during a discussion of the Alabama special election: "Roy Moore is known to be a child molester. Doug Jones is known to be a Democrat. It's hard to say which is more damaging in Alabama."

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2017, 12:23:16 am »
Well clearly Alabama leads the country in obesity, uneducated, and poorest. So clearly the Republican strangle hold the states had for the past twenty years is clearly working for them.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Online dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2017, 01:34:52 am »
Well clearly Alabama leads the country in obesity, uneducated, and poorest. So clearly the Republican strangle hold the states had for the past twenty years is clearly working for them.

Yes, but Republicans hate the same people white rural Alabamians hate.

EDIT: http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton-defends-al-frankens-response-sex-assault-accusations-715946

Hillary Clinton: Defends Al Franken, condemns Roy Moore.

Donald Trump: Defends (or stays silent on) Roy Moore, condemns Al Franken.

How about this: Franken leaves the Senate, Moore quits the race.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 10:20:46 pm by dpareja »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2017, 12:06:32 pm »
Didn't the GOP already come out to back Moore (after previously trying to gain distance from him) because they need a majority to pass the tax cuts?