Author Topic: Google facing multiple lawsuits  (Read 49479 times)

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
Re: Google facing multiple lawsuits
« Reply #270 on: February 22, 2018, 05:47:25 pm »
*kindly gets off Ravy and Tol's respective lawns*
Who needs a signature?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #271 on: February 22, 2018, 10:47:25 pm »
When you're nearly 30 and spend half your day around kids barely old enough to drink, you inevitability feel old as fuck.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #272 on: February 22, 2018, 11:51:59 pm »
I mean, I'm around the same age, plus I've been around here for about 10 years now, so I know how you feel.
Who needs a signature?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #273 on: February 23, 2018, 12:14:24 am »
Should I make another Taylor Swift song parody based on Lana not being Ultie? I've got another one in mind.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #274 on: February 23, 2018, 09:14:41 am »
(gets ideas involving neural networks and UP's posts)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #275 on: February 23, 2018, 04:32:54 pm »
Should I make another Taylor Swift song parody based on Lana not being Ultie? I've got another one in mind.
Hell, you can even make it topical. A judge just found her riffs lack originality and creativity!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #276 on: February 23, 2018, 11:20:16 pm »
Well, no shit.  90% of her discography can be boiled down to "a boy did something I didn't like."

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #277 on: February 24, 2018, 01:55:25 am »
I honestly hope Taylor gets into a fight with President Trump on Twitter and writes a song about it.

It would be gloriously hilarious listening.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #278 on: February 24, 2018, 02:10:31 am »
A significant proportion of what Eminem writes boils down to "Ok, things are bad but I won't give up and will get better."

...Which doesn't make his stuff bad it is just apparent that he figured out one theme that he knows how to do and falls back to it often because it's what he does best.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #279 on: February 27, 2018, 10:51:40 am »

I would like to disprove this graph but as I see no citations or even any numbers I have no idea what this is based on other than good ol' asspull tactic.

Also: "poorer countries have stronger adherence to them."

Note the phrase, IF there is any validity to anything he says then why should we follow something that poor countries do and rich countries don't? Wasn't this supposed to be about what's economically smart to do? If this graph is correct it seems to implicate that the more people care about "manhood" the less there are resources unless I am reading it wrong, which is possible because THERE ARE NO FUCKING NUMBERS OR ANYTHING! Like most of his arguments he just brings up some claims that he never backs up.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:59:00 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #280 on: February 27, 2018, 11:18:55 am »
I urge you to look at that graph more closely. I think it says the opposite of what he wants it to say.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #281 on: February 27, 2018, 12:18:47 pm »
Yeah, that's the main source of puzzlement.

I was not least bit surprised that there are no sources for it, it is a bit odd that they didn't even bother to make up numbers for it but the fact that they are basically making up evidence to shoot down their own message is the strangest bit about this.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #282 on: February 27, 2018, 01:12:18 pm »
I guess the "thinking" behind the argument is that poor conditions force people to act as efficiently as possible. This would imply that we would also do better if we would abandon our politically correct ways and adapt the "efficient" way of doing things.

There might also be a naturalistic fallacy going on here. If you add this fallacy to an assumption that civilization and political correctness have distanced us from what you think is the "natural" order of things you can reach the conclusion that the best way of arranging society is to go back to that arrangement. There is also an implied racist idea here that the "poor countries" are more primitive and as such closer to nature.

This train of thought is what I get if I assume there is an attempt to imply some kind of coherent idea behind posting that graph.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 01:13:55 pm by SCarpelan »

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #283 on: February 27, 2018, 11:21:00 pm »

I would like to disprove this graph but as I see no citations or even any numbers I have no idea what this is based on other than good ol' asspull tactic.

Also: "poorer countries have stronger adherence to them."

Note the phrase, IF there is any validity to anything he says then why should we follow something that poor countries do and rich countries don't? Wasn't this supposed to be about what's economically smart to do? If this graph is correct it seems to implicate that the more people care about "manhood" the less there are resources unless I am reading it wrong, which is possible because THERE ARE NO FUCKING NUMBERS OR ANYTHING! Like most of his arguments he just brings up some claims that he never backs up.

It's also worth pointing out that nations that shirk traditional gender roles tend to be wealthier for that reason. For example, if your society thinks women shouldn't work, well you just took half the labor and half the intelligence out of your work force so that they can focus on being breedin' machines. So, assuming he even puts arbitrary numbers on that paint-JPEG that he calls a graph, he still confuses cause and effect (i.e. he posits that fewer economic resources necessitates traditional gender roles rather than less emphasis on gender roles creating more economic development).

What an asshole.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 11:22:58 pm by The_Queen »
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #284 on: February 28, 2018, 07:51:10 am »
Meanwhile, in the real world-rather than wait for nature to assert it's natural boundaries of male / female job roles other google bros besides Damore have been allegedly making life hell for women who dare enter their playpen when nature doesn't do what they told it!

Lee's lawsuit — filed in Santa Clara County Superior Court — alleges the company failed to to protect her, saying, "Google's bro-culture contributed to (Lee's) suffering frequent sexual harassment and gender discrimination, for which Google failed to take corrective action."

Lee claims that the "severe and pervasive" sexual harassment she experienced included daily abuse and egregious incidents. In addition to making lewd comments to her and ogling her "constantly," Lee's male co-workers spiked her drinks with whiskey and laughed about it; and shot Nerf balls and darts at her "almost every day," the suit alleges.

One male colleague sent her a text message asking if she wanted a "horizontal hug," while another showed up at her apartment with a bottle of liquor, offering to help her fix a problem with one of her devices, refusing to leave when she asked him to, she alleges.

At a holiday party, Lee "was slapped in the face by an intoxicated male co-worker for no apparent reason," according to the suit.

In January 2016, while working late one night, she was approaching her work space when she saw a male colleague whom she had never spoken with "on all fours, underneath her desk," she claims. When he saw her, the man "jumped up and shouted, 'You'll never know what I was doing!' " according to the suit.

Still, if anything can be said for the little shits it's that they're cluey enough not to publicly wear their obnoxious shit on their sleeves in front of HR!