Author Topic: About Daesh's Monument-Destroying.....  (Read 4625 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
About Daesh's Monument-Destroying.....
« on: September 24, 2015, 05:11:32 pm »
Are funds so scarce that various militaries can't just station soldiers and tanks to guard these places and protect them from these marauding beardies from Hell?

Really! Why do we let these places sit there unprotected? If there was a bunch of soldiers and tanks surrounding places like the ruins of Nimrud or that temple in Palmyra, they might still be standing.

Common sense, man!

Also, these Daesh dorks (and others like them) destroy stuff in order to erase history.....but they're too stupid to realize that it's futile....what, with all the countless movies, videos, photos, books, websites and such with full detailed documentation of these places.

Plus, they sell some of the stuff, so it isn't really iconoclasm.

Let's face it, Daesh is just an organized crime group who just want to rape, murder and destroy for fun without repercussions. They're just pretending it's about religion.

And I image these places can be rebuilt as replicas.

Again, to the militaries or whatever....GUARD THESE PLACES, YOU IDIOTS!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
Re: About Daesh's Monument-Destroying.....
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 05:15:09 pm »
Can't. Costs too much money.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 05:41:39 pm »
or you know, do something truly immoral*, like capture daesh soldiers and deprogram them. then keep doing it, and if anyone complains, expose daesh for what they are and destroy their pr from the inside out.

*i use the term litteraly. deprogramming is as painful as brainwashing. but quit killing people, make them come to their senses so as to destroy those hateful ideals completely.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 07:14:37 pm »
For the same reason we don't go in and simply stop DAESH from killing and raping people...politics.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 12:42:19 pm »
or you know, do something truly immoral*, like capture daesh soldiers and deprogram them. then keep doing it, and if anyone complains, expose daesh for what they are and destroy their pr from the inside out.

*i use the term litteraly. deprogramming is as painful as brainwashing. but quit killing people, make them come to their senses so as to destroy those hateful ideals completely.

Yup. That and infiltrate and subvert from within. They're probably doing this right now.

Plus, there's a number of defectors who realized they "Dun Goofed" and are willing to tell their stories....they're help out in the Anti-DAESH efforts as well. Many joined because they assumed they would be fighting Assad's forces and helping the Syrian people (plus fulfilling their dream of living in a 'Perfect Islamic Society') but when they saw that it was really about slaughtering and enslaving innocents, especially fellow Muslims, they went "Okay, this is nuts. I'n outta here". They literally risked their lives to secretly defect because DAESH executes dissenters & attempted-defectors. These guys have to keep themselves anonymous when telling their accounts.

It'll end eventually.

That said, it is also important to de-radicalize folks. You need to discredit & kill the idea, not just the crazy organization with said ideas, or else another bunch of kooks will emerge.

And there's got to be a way to deal with that darn Military-Industrial Complex. They're fueling this, too. That's why everything's done half-baked over there. You need to deal with a bad group AND kill the ideology!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 01:21:15 pm »

Yup. That and infiltrate and subvert from within. They're probably doing this right now.

Plus, there's a number of defectors who realized they "Dun Goofed" and are willing to tell their stories....they're help out in the Anti-DAESH efforts as well. Many joined because they assumed they would be fighting Assad's forces and helping the Syrian people (plus fulfilling their dream of living in a 'Perfect Islamic Society') but when they saw that it was really about slaughtering and enslaving innocents, especially fellow Muslims, they went "Okay, this is nuts. I'n outta here". They literally risked their lives to secretly defect because DAESH executes dissenters & attempted-defectors. These guys have to keep themselves anonymous when telling their accounts.

It'll end eventually.

That said, it is also important to de-radicalize folks. You need to discredit & kill the idea, not just the crazy organization with said ideas, or else another bunch of kooks will emerge.

And there's got to be a way to deal with that darn Military-Industrial Complex. They're fueling this, too. That's why everything's done half-baked over there. You need to deal with a bad group AND kill the ideology!

Reminds me of a Chinese proverb: "when weeding, destroy the roots."

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 03:37:22 pm »

It'll end eventually.

Reminds me of a Chinese proverb: "when weeding, destroy the roots."

Eeyup.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 03:38:06 am »
The absolute last thing you want to do is invade. There is no one thing you could do to make the situation worse than send in an American soldier. Eventually the conflict will come to an end, we'll end out juvenile ginned-up paranoia about a small-time crime gang like ISIS and we can find some other boogey man to scare us out of our boots (Ebola! No, Russia SAMs! No, North Korean mini-subs!).
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 11:14:52 am »
The absolute last thing you want to do is invade. There is no one thing you could do to make the situation worse than send in an American soldier. Eventually the conflict will come to an end, we'll end out juvenile ginned-up paranoia about a small-time crime gang like ISIS and we can find some other boogey man to scare us out of our boots (Ebola! No, Russia SAMs! No, North Korean mini-subs!).

You're not wrong at all. But I would have rather been deployed to save those monuments than whatever we were doing in Iraq. At least there would have been a mission, a concrete objective we could measure success or failure. I didn't get that from Iraq.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 03:46:37 pm »
Just send soldiers to guard the monuments, not fight wars.

Deal with the other stuff in other ways.

Concerning sexual slavery, have a bunch of guys buy those women & girls to free them.....use very convincing counterfeit money or something (you don't want to fund DAESH). Same for the antiquities that they stole to sell.

Save who you can. Save what you can. Guard what you can. Buy what you can. Rebuild what you can. Restore what you can. Infiltrate. Subvert from within. Reprogram & Kill the idea.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 09:04:30 pm by Barbarella »

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 04:22:15 pm »
Putting boots on the ground regardless of the reason is a very risky business. Suppose ISIS tried to destroy another monument and wound up in a shootout with the soldiers guarding it, resulting in casualties. Congratulations, we now have an actual ground war on our hands.

Also, as for subverting and sabotaging them from within, I'm sure the CIA already has people doing that and we just don't know about it.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 05:48:00 pm »
Concerning sexual slavery, have a bunch of guy buy those women & girls to free them.....use very convincing counterfeit money or something (you don't want to fund DAESH). Same for the antiquities that they stole to sell.

Any fake money that is convincing enough for them to accept is convincing enough for them to use with someone else.
Σא

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 08:15:41 pm »

"Small-time crime gangs" don't commit genocide.  Really, they're the Islamic equivalent of the Khmer Rouge.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 09:09:52 pm »
Putting boots on the ground regardless of the reason is a very risky business. Suppose ISIS tried to destroy another monument and wound up in a shootout with the soldiers guarding it, resulting in casualties. Congratulations, we now have an actual ground war on our hands.

Also, as for subverting and sabotaging them from within, I'm sure the CIA already has people doing that and we just don't know about it.

Yeah, I see your point.

And yes, I know the CIA and others have folks doing just that.

Concerning sexual slavery, have a bunch of guy buy those women & girls to free them.....use very convincing counterfeit money or something (you don't want to fund DAESH). Same for the antiquities that they stole to sell.

Any fake money that is convincing enough for them to accept is convincing enough for them to use with someone else.

But "Someone else" will use money on something else and get arrested by another "someone else" who's a cop for the crime of counterfeiting.

I'm not saying these solutions are perfect, I'm just saying that the benefits must out-weigh the pitfalls.

If oodles of antiquities & slaves are saved then it's a win!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2015, 09:18:53 pm »
The point is you're still funding ISIS, because they can still use the money if it's good enough to fool them. Plus of course incentivising them to kidnap more people/steal more artifacts/etc.
Σא