Author Topic: A new low for Yahoo Answers.  (Read 4816 times)

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
A new low for Yahoo Answers.
« on: April 14, 2014, 01:31:11 pm »
Fair warning, this involves rape.

link to extreme douchiness

OP says his girlfriend was beaten and raped so he broke up with her.  Why would he do this?  Because apparently, the GF went to some club that the OP says he didn't want her to go to.  He said that if she went to the club, he would break up with her, which he did, right after she was raped. 

Now normally, I would take these kind of posts with a grain of salt, but there are two factors here.

1.  I've met people with this mindset in college.  The macho jock types who think that showing any kind of sympathy makes them less of a man.

2.  The fucking commentors are agreeing with the OP.  He may be a poe, but the odds of both him and the commentors being poes are slim. 

Of course, he's not obligated to stay with the girl.  If she's a bitch, he's right in breaking up with her.  But judging by the post, the only bitch is the OP and the commentors siding with him. 

That's just my two cents.  (then again, I'm about as romantic as Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang, but I'd like to think I know a dick move when I see one). 

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Re: A new low for Yahoo Answers.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 03:06:26 pm »
*GAH*! Now THAT is slimy.

I wish I could give the girl a big hug & this jerk a big slug!

On the upside, at least she's not tied to this cretin anymore. I hope she gets the help she needs to mentally/emotionally cope & recover.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 03:14:46 pm »
I can't help but think that part of the reason is he sees her as "damaged goods".

...I'd like to damage his goods.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 03:32:52 pm »
I can't help but think that part of the reason is he sees her as "damaged goods".

Assuming he has any to begin with.   

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 08:09:43 pm »

Assuming he has any to begin with.   

It's not the size, it's how you use them.

And considering how much of a selfish bastard he is, he could have the most perfectly shaped and proportioned dick in the world and still suck at pleasuring anybody.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 08:37:35 pm »
*Grabs a Louisville Slugger*

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 02:16:09 am »
Potentially doomed relationship aside, would we be as harsh on him if the girl had not been raped?
He made his opinion on her going to the club clear and said he would leave her if she did. She went to the club, and unfortunately was raped. However, if she had not been raped, but he had left her anyway, would we be as angry at him?

I understand that controlling ones partner thought threats like that are a clear sign of a doomed abusive relationship, but I cant help but feel that perhaps everyone is blowing things a little out of proportion. Sure he is an asshole for trying to control his partner, but I fail to see how he is really so much worse for leaving her after expressing his ultimatum.

Yeah, she got raped, that sucks. Perhaps if he really cared about her he would try and be there for her in the aftermath of that trauma. However, as he clearly didn't care for her that much to begin with, is it really so surprising for him not to be there? Other lesser traumas break even healthy relationships apart, this one was far from a healthy relationship and rape is far from a minor trauma.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 02:51:17 am »
Not enough info, they could have been on the breaking point of...breaking up. Way too many factors in here that arent mentioned, so its really hard to come up with a definite opinion, so all i can say is this.

On his side
- He said he didnt want her going to the club
- She lied and went to the club
- He stuck to his guns and ended it

On her side
- Guy has no sympathy
- Guy is a bit controlling
- She needed support in a massive life thing, and he added insult to injury, but again, he did stick to his guns

But I'm leaning toward the guys side for going through with what he said, even though it was kind of a dick move.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 05:54:00 am »
I say her being raped makes his threat moot. If he cared about her, he would change his mind & comfort her. So no, he gets no sympathy from me. Hopefully, she'll have family who'll be there to help her in recovering from this horrible experience.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 09:31:17 am »
I say her being raped makes his threat moot. If he cared about her, he would change his mind & comfort her. So no, he gets no sympathy from me. Hopefully, she'll have family who'll be there to help her in recovering from this horrible experience.

So in your opinion how long should he be obligated to stay in the relationship? If she had stepped out in front of a bus while coming home from the club and ended up in a wheelchair would you expect him to do the same thing? What if she never got out of the chair, marry her and stay forever?

He drew a line, she crossed it, then something bad happened to her.

We don't know enough of the story to say if he is a jerk for drawing the line, but sticking to one isn't an inherently bad thing. A lot of the guys replying to him are complete fuckwads though.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 01:11:07 pm »

So in your opinion how long should he be obligated to stay in the relationship? If she had stepped out in front of a bus while coming home from the club and ended up in a wheelchair would you expect him to do the same thing? What if she never got out of the chair, marry her and stay forever?

He drew a line, she crossed it, then something bad happened to her.

We don't know enough of the story to say if he is a jerk for drawing the line, but sticking to one isn't an inherently bad thing. A lot of the guys replying to him are complete fuckwads though.
He did dump her when she needed help.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:53:28 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Murdin

• Bishop
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 01:31:26 pm »
The question is a copypasta posted by a troll. The "best answer" is so obviously satirical, it should't even count as a Poe. The other answers seem to be a mixed bag of sincerity and trolling.

By the way, let's keep in mind that many of those trolls actually DO think along those "politically incorrect" lines... hiding behind their faux-derisiveness because they are too pathetic and weak-willed to admit it.

If he cared about her, he would change his mind & comfort her.

Change his mind about leaving her, or about leaving her bathing in her own blood (for all he apparently knew)?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 01:32:59 pm by Murdin »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 01:38:08 pm »
The question is a copypasta posted by a troll. The "best answer" is so obviously satirical, it should't even count as a Poe. The other answers seem to be a mixed bag of sincerity and trolling.

By the way, let's keep in mind that many of those trolls actually DO think along those "politically incorrect" lines... hiding behind their faux-derisiveness because they are too pathetic and weak-willed to admit it.

If he cared about her, he would change his mind & comfort her.

Change his mind about leaving her, or about leaving her bathing in her own blood (for all he apparently knew)?
Now I feel like an idiot.

Perhaps I should have actually read it .

Also, does this mean Canadian Mojo just sided with a copypasta?
Wow, I might have to have my network of spies trace your IP address for that.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 07:36:42 pm »
Also, does this mean Canadian Mojo just sided with a copypasta?
Wow, I might have to have my network of spies trace your IP address for that.

You have to appreciate how well the scenario is designed to elicit reaction from two conflicting perspectives and bring them into conflict. He dumped her for lying to him vs. he abandoned her when she needed him. It's almost like somebody pulled it out of an ethics class debate. Do it or don't do it, why? Trolling aside, it makes for an interesting debate because we ask this same sort of question about where our duty to others lies at a national scale and with global implications.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 09:03:31 pm »
I have a problem with him trying to be a control freak in the first place.

The way he phrased him telling her not to go there doesn't seem like a case of "I'm concerned about your safety", it's more like a case of "I want to control every aspect of your life, including where you go, and I do this under the veil of caring about you, because I am an emotionally abusive bastard."

In retrospect, she's probably better off without him.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet