Author Topic: Adopted Girl Forced to Dig Her Own Grave  (Read 4624 times)

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
Re: Adopted Girl Forced to Dig Her Own Grave
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2013, 10:33:47 pm »
Link!

While many American parents adopt kids from overseas, sometimes they are not prepared for dealing with the cultural or emotional adjustment that these children go through, and end up sending them to new caretakers in a process called "re-homing." Many times the new caretaker involved is simply someone met over the internet.
The main reason why better screen measures are needed and cultural competence training should be mandatory!

Fuck these parents. Tons of people have negative views of fostering and adoption because of people like this. And it's hard to imagine how shit like this can happen, because in my sister's case, she had to check in with social services frequently and go to hell and back to prove she was taking proper care of her children. The parents in this story should have never been able to get to this point.
Never underestimate the power of bureaucracy, incompetence, corruption and some unholy combination of them all. Don’t take my word for it, ask a social worker about the horrors seen and being overworked.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 10:41:04 pm by The Illusive Man »
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 05:17:27 pm »
Tell me again about the childless couples lined up to adopt babies....

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2013, 05:20:20 pm »
A lot of them are godless gays so therefore they can't provide stable homes for kids.

Ironbite-thought you could figure that out on your own.