Author Topic: Man buys HIV drug supply and the price goes up through the roof  (Read 33763 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Man buys HIV drug supply and the price goes up through the roof
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2015, 12:17:33 pm »
Then you people must've missed this news

http://www.thewrap.com/hated-drug-ceo-martin-shkreli-arrested-for-fraud/

Ironbite-CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES COME ON!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2015, 01:54:22 pm »
Ibby ? That's why I necro-ed the thread this morning...I has a sad to know you find me too dull to read my posts anymore <sniff>
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2015, 04:09:07 pm »
Lol...another winner from satirist Andy Borowitz:

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/lawyer-for-martin-shkreli-hikes-fees-five-thousand-per-cent

BROOKLYN (The Borowitz Report)—A criminal lawyer representing Turing Pharmaceuticals chief Martin Shkreli has informed his client that he is raising his hourly legal fees by five thousand per cent, the lawyer has confirmed.

Minutes after Shkreli’s arrest on charges of securities fraud, the attorney, Harland Dorrinson, announced that he was hiking his fees from twelve hundred dollars an hour to sixty thousand dollars.

Shkreli, who reportedly received the news about the price hike while he was being fingerprinted, cried foul and accused his attorney of “outrageous and inhumane price gouging.”

“This is the behavior of a sociopath,” Shkreli was heard screaming.
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2015, 04:34:13 pm »
I wish I could've been the sociopath to do it to you, Shkreli you disgusting weasel.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #154 on: December 17, 2015, 05:10:14 pm »
Matt Bors mentioned that Shrekli is in possession of the comic he made about him ...which Shrekli bought for the price of ONE THOUSAND AMERICAN DOLLARS! ...Usually the originals were a lot cheaper but Bors decided to ramp up the price just for Srhekli.

And now that it is possible that Shrekli will be forced to pay heavy fines Bors is wondering if the authorities will confiscate the comic along with his other possessions and sell it to pay for the fines.

It's this comic but it's been here already:
(click to show/hide)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #155 on: December 17, 2015, 05:38:45 pm »
Shrekli also, it should be noted, is the person who bought the Wu-Tang Clan's one-of-a-kind album. I wonder if the authorities will confiscate that, too (and if they do, if they can resell it--Shrekli can't--or release the tracks before the 88-year stipulation is up)?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #156 on: December 17, 2015, 07:00:08 pm »
Securities Fraud and ponzi schemes are not a joke.  Shkreli is accused of stealing 11 million from a hedge fund to pay off investors in a ponzi scheme.  If convicted, he can face up to 20 years in federal prison.

Granted, schemes like these eventually fail and collapse on itself.  Shkreli didn't help himself by being such an attention seeker with his antics.

But hey, he wanted attention right?  Well, he got attention.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #157 on: December 17, 2015, 07:40:54 pm »
Yeah - Shkreli really needed that fix of being important, and it ultimately undid him.

Even if he manages to escape this, he's exposed as a slimy monster who can never be trusted with anything lest he plunder it for no better reason than "I WANNA!"

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2015, 01:04:31 am »
I wonder if he has cried like baby yet. I bet he has, I hope the book gets thrown at the little punk.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2015, 01:09:53 am »
Apparently he did when even his Lawyer turned on him and jacked the prices up 5000%.

Well, Trust Fund Brat, crying to mommy and daddy won't save you. Unless of course my guess is right and Shkreli's dad is Mammon, the Demon Lord of Greed. In which case all he needs is a ouija board to turn the court room into a surprisingly good low budget film.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #160 on: December 18, 2015, 08:57:38 am »
Apparently he did when even his Lawyer turned on him and jacked the prices up 5000%.

Well, Trust Fund Brat, crying to mommy and daddy won't save you. Unless of course my guess is right and Shkreli's dad is Mammon, the Demon Lord of Greed. In which case all he needs is a ouija board to turn the court room into a surprisingly good low budget film.

That news story was satire, bro. :P

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #161 on: December 18, 2015, 05:25:32 pm »
Shkreli has resigned as CEO of Turing Pharmaceuticals.

I guess he'd rather quit before getting fired like he did at his last major job at Retrophin Pharmaceuticals.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2015, 09:36:10 am »
This news pleases me.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #163 on: December 19, 2015, 06:59:58 pm »
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #164 on: December 19, 2015, 11:53:01 pm »

Eh; I wouldn't say there's no left-wing, right-wing divide.

Liberals think this guy is a douche for exploiting people at their weakest and neediest.

Conservatives think this guy is a douche for getting caught exploiting people at their weakest and neediest and, more importantly, engaging in a Ponzi scheme that targeted the rich rather than the poor and desperate.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.