Author Topic: Ferguson murder  (Read 72184 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Ferguson murder
« on: August 12, 2014, 04:01:23 pm »
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/11/st-louis-protesters-officer-teenager
Police shoot black kid for supposedly stealing candy.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:23:17 am by SpaceProg »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Ferguson muder
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 05:16:11 pm »
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/11/st-louis-protesters-officer-teenager
Police shoot black kid for supposedly stealing candy.

This is why I thought that cartoon about "Dangerous Perceptions" was bullshit people.
Would you please stop harping about that cartoon?  It made a good point.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 08:59:49 pm »
So no one has anything to say?
Wonderful.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 09:11:53 pm by I am lizard »

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 09:15:58 pm »
There isn't much to say that hasn't been said elsewhere. More evidence that black people are seen threatening and the more angry protesters having started looting isn't helping to change this view.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 09:50:26 pm »
Mods, could you just delete this.
Why?  There's no need to delete this.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 09:56:06 pm »
Sorry, just depressed and confused.
I'm still not sure what to feel about the other killing.
EDIT:
This cheered me up
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 10:03:31 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 11:21:22 pm »
Hooray, a new incident to give my friend's racist roommate something to harass me about!
Who needs a signature?

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 11:22:22 pm »
Hooray, a new incident to give my friend's racist roommate something to harass me about!
The murder?
If he brings up the looting remind him of soccer riots.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 11:26:17 pm »
The murder?
If he brings up the looting remind him of soccer riots.

It's to the point where I just ignore the guy when he goes into his douchey attitude. As my friend likes the guy (and is unsurprisingly his only real friend), he tends to take his side when we clash.

It doesn't mean that I want to have him making racist jokes just to get a rise out of me.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 04:41:15 am »
Wouldn't be surprised if the police officer who killed this guy got off scot-free.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 05:49:02 am »
I would be at least a bit surprised if that would be the case. The feds are doing their own investigation on the issue and they should be more impartial than the local police.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 07:21:10 pm »
Just a random thought here.  How about we learn the details -- including what motivated the shooting -- before we cast our votes?
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 11:05:48 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2014, 11:28:18 pm »
Two reporters were arrested, this is what happened when a third one asked about them:

I just called Ferguson police chief to ask about @WesleyLowery and @ryanjreilly, told him what I knew. His response: "Oh, God."

...Ok. Didn't the chief of police know about the arrest? Because this is yet another implication that the cops on the scene are getting out of control. And having snipers AIMING at unarmed protestors? Why on Earth would you do that? Assault rifles drawn at UNARMED protestors?

That is not how you contain a peaceful protest. I understand police being there, I understand the need to be cautious, but this is not how you handle a protest or even a riot.

I see them armed for Fallujah rather than a riot. Where are the riot shields, water cannons, tear gas and shotguns with beanbag ammo? Even those should not be used against a peaceful protest BUT AT LEAST I would understand having them as a precaution in case the protest turns into a riot. These guys aren't prepared to contain anything, they are armed to KILL the rioters. I am seriously questioning their training and though processes.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2014, 11:29:47 pm »
Two reporters were arrested, this is what happened when a third one asked about them:

I just called Ferguson police chief to ask about @WesleyLowery and @ryanjreilly, told him what I knew. His response: "Oh, God."

...Ok. Didn't the chief of police know about the arrest? Because this is yet another implication that the cops on the scene are getting out of control. And having snipers AIMING at unarmed protestors? Why on Earth would you do that? Assault rifles drawn at UNARMED protestors?

That is not how you contain a peaceful protest. I understand police being there, I understand the need to be cautious, but this is not how you handle a protest or even a riot.

I see them armed for Fallujah rather than a riot. Where are the riot shields, water cannons, tear gas and shotguns with beanbag ammo? Even those should not be used against a peaceful protest BUT AT LEAST I would understand having them as a precaution in case the protest turns into a riot. These guys aren't prepared to contain anything, they are armed to KILL the rioters. I am seriously questioning their training and though processes.
I think it's a symptom of the paranoia all too common in law enforcement since 9/11.