Author Topic: Misconceptions about heaven and hell  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
Misconceptions about heaven and hell
« on: July 25, 2018, 08:53:00 am »
There are several misconceptions that people have about heaven and hell so I will debunk those misconceptions and explain why you would rather want to go to heaven than hell.

1. Hell is cruel and unusual

Many think this because they imagine the Protestant heretical concept of hell which is a literal lake of fire and brimstone where your body burns off and grows back again. Of course that is cruel or unusual to have virtuous pagans and atheists be subjected to that for eternity. But the Catholic Church understands that fire and Brimstone is a metaphor for God’s punishment. This is what the Catholic Church says about Hell.

“The teaching of the Church affirms the existence of hell and its eternity. Immediately after death the souls of those who die in a state of mortal sin descend into hell, where they suffer the punishments of hell, "eternal fire."615 The chief punishment of hell is eternal separation from God, in whom alone man can possess the life and happiness for which he was created and for which he longs.”

In hell you will know that you out of your free will rejected the grace of God, and no longer have the opportunity to be with God in heaven. You will weep and gnash your teeth in despair after God judges you.

And it is commonly believed that there are multiple levels of hell in proportion to the degree of sin, so Hitler and Stalin are of course in a far worse part of hell, than their non Christian victims.

Hell could be a place or state of the soul. If there is a place haunted by the ghost of a known murderer, it is being haunted by a ghost from hell and requires a priest to drive out the ghost.

2. Hell is a cooler place to go than heaven.

On the other hand, many people think that since hell is eternal separation from God and you are in the abode of many other unrepentant sinners which could be your friend’s, celebrities, prostitutes etc, then it is a better place than heaven with true Christians. However Apocalypse/Revelation 21:4 says this about heaven.

“And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes: and death shall be no more, nor mourning, nor crying, nor sorrow shall be any more, for the former things are passed away.”

So in heaven, you have eternal positive emotions which Hell does not.

Another thing, is we all seek knowledge, and in heaven, you finally have full knowledge of the mind of God and his ways. In Hell you do not, so hell is also a place of eternal ignorance.

Given all the things I told you about heaven and hell, which sounds like a better place to spend eternity in?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: Misconceptions about heaven and hell
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 09:49:06 am »
Eh, they aren't even the most interesting mythical afterlives. Mind you I do like the bit about heaven being open only to a very limited number of male, Jewish virgins which specifically excludes you on account of you not being Jewish!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 11:26:03 am »
Eh, they aren't even the most interesting mythical afterlives. Mind you I do like the bit about heaven being open only to a very limited number of male, Jewish virgins which specifically excludes you on account of you not being Jewish!

Where did you get that idea about heaven?

The Roman Catholic Heaven and Hell makes the most sense, because heaven is a reward for good works and repentance for sins, and hell is punishment for doing wrong by having eternal separation from the God who is 100 percent righteous. .

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 03:59:44 pm »
So what does trying to fuck your second cousin get you?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 05:44:26 pm »

The Roman Catholic Heaven and Hell makes the most sense, because heaven is a reward for good works and repentance for sins, and hell is punishment for doing wrong by having eternal separation from the God who is 100 percent righteous. .

The wholly babble: Rev: 7:1-7
7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
7:5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
7:6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
7:7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
You part of Reuben, Nepthalim, Gad, Measses or Simeon Jakey boy? Yeah we know you're attached to Levi's, that doesn't count. Are you a tree?

The wholly babble: Rev: 14:1-7
Then I looked, and there was the lamb, standing on Mount Zion.  And with him were 144,000 who had his name and his father’s name written on their foreheads. These are the ones who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are virgins.  And they follow the lamb wherever he goes. And I saw an angel in the middle of the sky, saying with a loud voice, 'Anyone who worships the beast and his image, and takes the mark on his forehead or his hand, will be tortured with fire and sulfur in front of the holy angels and in front of the lamb.'

Gawd I love the Brick Testament, I suggest you read the whole Revelations chapter. Faithful to the bible and more batshit insane than anything penned by any of the 20th and 21st century horror authors who were trying to do that.

You're so close Jakey boy, here you are, never 'defiled' yourself with a woman and with a low enough self esteem that you'd have someone's name written on your head (oink?) but you're a Catholic lad. Male-check, virgin, permanently - too Catholic to be a Jew, you're fucked!

In the only sense you'll ever be!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 05:56:05 pm by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 08:40:34 am »

The wholly babble: Rev: 7:1-7
7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
7:5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
7:6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
7:7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
You part of Reuben, Nepthalim, Gad, Measses or Simeon Jakey boy? Yeah we know you're attached to Levi's, that doesn't count. Are you a tree?

The wholly babble: Rev: 14:1-7
Then I looked, and there was the lamb, standing on Mount Zion.  And with him were 144,000 who had his name and his father’s name written on their foreheads. These are the ones who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are virgins.  And they follow the lamb wherever he goes. And I saw an angel in the middle of the sky, saying with a loud voice, 'Anyone who worships the beast and his image, and takes the mark on his forehead or his hand, will be tortured with fire and sulfur in front of the holy angels and in front of the lamb.'

Gawd I love the Brick Testament, I suggest you read the whole Revelations chapter. Faithful to the bible and more batshit insane than anything penned by any of the 20th and 21st century horror authors who were trying to do that.

You're so close Jakey boy, here you are, never 'defiled' yourself with a woman and with a low enough self esteem that you'd have someone's name written on your head (oink?) but you're a Catholic lad. Male-check, virgin, permanently - too Catholic to be a Jew, you're fucked!

In the only sense you'll ever be!

First of all, the book of Revelation is full of metaphor, second that is referring to the amount of people descended from the Tribes of Israel that are saved, not the total number of people that are saved.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 08:45:23 am »
So, you're telling us the bible can't be taken on face value. Good to know.

How many converts have you made so far? August is coming!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 08:55:24 am »

Watch this starting at 24:36. It will make you convert to Catholicism. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QmbpOucNVn4

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 09:17:01 am »

Watch this starting at 24:36. It will make you convert to Catholicism. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QmbpOucNVn4
Found footage rip offs of the Blair Witch project are more convincing footage and if Shane MacGowan said he'd given up the piss forever it'd be a more convincing Irish voiceover.