Author Topic: Mobile App for FSTDT Forums  (Read 1782 times)

Offline Keiro Dreamwalker

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
Mobile App for FSTDT Forums
« on: May 07, 2012, 02:48:20 pm »
Hi, everyone!

So, I know most of us have smartphones that're capable of accessing the forum via its web-browser. However, it's clunky as shit at times due to the way the themes work.

Well, have I got a solution for you!

I installed a module that allows everyone to add an application called Tapatalk Forum App in iPhone and Android (possibly RIM and a few other types of phones as well.)... thereby allowing you to natively use the app and the forums without having to deal with the hassle of trying to get the browser to not show everything as ridiculously tiny.

So, how do I do this?!

Install Instructions for iPhones

Lol, get the fuck outta here. Go to Tapatalk to get the iPhone app. :U Beyond that, not much I can help you with, seeing as I don't have an iPhone or iPad to test this out on.

Install Instructions for Android Phones

If you're using an Android phone, go to Google Play, search for Tapatalk, it should come up with a few options. Choose Tapatalk Forum App. (Not free, sorry. $3.99 as of this post's writing.)

Next, after you've purchased and installed the app, open it. There's two options, Network and Me. Choose Me, then enter FSTDT as the search parameter. Click Go.

It should pop up with that option, asking you to verify its details once you've chosen it.

Enter your usual account details.

You're in, and you can now natively use the app on your phone without the browser!

Fucking enjoy it.  And GG.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 02:50:15 pm by Keiro Dreamwalker »
You have made a place in my heart where I thought there was no room for anything else. You have made flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones. Remember this, on this journey you insist on making. If you die, I will not survive you long. Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Mobile App for FSTDT Forums
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 03:31:34 pm »
When I just looked at it it was $2.99, so maybe it's gone down a buck.  Still, trying to use the forum on the mobile web is frustrating on my phone, so this app is very welcome.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Keiro Dreamwalker

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
Re: Mobile App for FSTDT Forums
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 03:44:25 pm »
When I just looked at it it was $2.99, so maybe it's gone down a buck.  Still, trying to use the forum on the mobile web is frustrating on my phone, so this app is very welcome.

$2.99?! RAGEFACE.

Okay. Well, either way, yeah, I agree, this is definitely very welcome to have.
You have made a place in my heart where I thought there was no room for anything else. You have made flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones. Remember this, on this journey you insist on making. If you die, I will not survive you long. Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to.