Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1599781 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #5820 on: March 06, 2018, 11:51:21 pm »
Bets on whether Trump really wants to give Roy Moore a federal judgeship?

(He won't because Moore's old and the Republicans are trying to pack the federal bench with as many young nutjobs as possible.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5821 on: March 07, 2018, 08:34:10 am »
At least he seems to realize that he needs people that are going to be alive to see 2020.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #5822 on: March 09, 2018, 05:32:57 am »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5823 on: March 09, 2018, 11:57:11 am »
Fake News. A lot of the world has a clear dearth of angry WHITE males.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5824 on: March 11, 2018, 01:21:48 pm »

Trump is surprisingly difficult to make good jokes out of. Apart from him living way inside the parody horizon many of the jokes also seem to be taking the easy shots or simply being crass. This one though, it may not be the most clever one in the world, it may not refer to any specific thing Trump has done but I just love it. It's that gator in the back about to hit the fisherman that really makes it.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5825 on: March 16, 2018, 07:30:56 pm »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5826 on: March 17, 2018, 04:55:42 am »

EDIT: oops wrong thread originally.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 06:12:09 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #5827 on: March 18, 2018, 04:22:41 pm »
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #5828 on: March 18, 2018, 07:21:19 pm »
Lol @ implying other candidates are allowed to live until the "election"
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #5829 on: March 18, 2018, 09:09:00 pm »
Why bother having "elections" at all? Why not just pull a China and declare dictatorship for life?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #5830 on: March 19, 2018, 02:46:35 am »
That's.... not what china did. They removed term limits (which russia already didn't have), allowing the current president to keep getting re-elected.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5831 on: March 19, 2018, 02:51:27 am »
That's.... not what china did. They removed term limits (which russia already didn't have), allowing the current president to keep getting re-elected.

Well, Xi is probably the most powerful politician in China since Mao, so it was tantamount to letting him be president for life.

As for Russia, there are term limits on the Presidency--no more than two consecutive terms (but no limit on total terms). It's why Putin spent some time as Prime Minister while Medvedev was President. (During which time, you may recall, the Prime Minister of Russia was decidedly more powerful than the President.)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5832 on: May 13, 2018, 06:16:47 pm »

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5833 on: May 13, 2018, 06:41:12 pm »
First Cartoon spoilered because it is too big.

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 06:48:36 pm by davedan »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5834 on: May 22, 2018, 06:46:00 am »