Author Topic: Dating and Age  (Read 9293 times)

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
Re: Dating and Age
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 05:15:52 pm »
Most older couples I know are at the most 10 years apart...
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 06:28:27 pm »
Personally, I don't give a flying fuck what other people do, ergo "love knows no bounds". As for me personally, in theory, I'd be fine with it. Though in reality, there are sweet fuck all people in my own age bracket who I can stand to be around for more than five minutes at a time. Chances of me finding a viable relationship in an age bracket that statistically would have even less in common with me is a little on the low side.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 09:00:21 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 06:43:23 pm »
I don't think that there's a limit on dating and age for adults. For minors, though, I think that they should only date people who are within one year of their age. Anything else borders on predatory in my book.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 08:53:43 pm »
"Love knows no bounds." There's 25 years difference between my parents. My mom is 52, my dad is 77. Before my mom met my dad, I guess she was going out with some reaaaallly shady characters, and my grandma told my mom to get her claws in my dad while she had the chance. My dad came home from work one day and found my mom in the yard with the priest, in a wedding dress, she had bought the rings, rented a tux, invited all their family and friends, and she told him they were getting married. He shrugged, said "okay" and they've been married for 30 years now.

Of course, the above only applies if you're over the age of consent.

Offline gomer21xx

• Pope
  • Squick responsibly!
    • RT Gomer Productions
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 09:21:06 pm »
Considering my most recent relationship was with a woman who is ten years younger than me... ;)

If both parties are legal, consenting adults who really care about each other to the point of wanting a loving relationship, then have fun and keep a good stock of condoms, I say.
I'm looking for patrons!  How can you help?  Check out my Patreon page! =)

As always, you can catch my podcasts and videos at RT Gomer Productions!

Quote from: TheL
I've seen so many tits, they've blended into one enormous mega boob!

Quote from: The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist
Dude, when Vox Day was born, he shot out the hospital window and over an entire tank of sharks.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 10:20:06 pm »
Married a woman just over 11 years older than me, been married over 12 years.

Past 18 - love knows no bounds.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2013, 10:23:21 pm »
For those of you stating "as long as they are consenting adults," would you apply that to yourself, as well? That you'd be willing to date any legal age, that is.

Theoretically I would be willing. But I know the relationship would most likely go to shit due to the massive difference in experiences.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 01:52:22 am »
For those of you stating "as long as they are consenting adults," would you apply that to yourself, as well? That you'd be willing to date any legal age, that is.

Well I would not probably date a person who has a huge age difference with me, but I see no reason to restrict others.

For me... I'm 29 and I think I wouldn't be too squicked with a 10 year age difference right now.

Not that it matters much since I'm already married so this is all hypotethical.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Moltar

• Bishop
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 08:44:49 am »
Assuming both are adults, I say about five years.

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 08:55:13 am »
In theory, I really don't think age matters. Personally, I tend to be attracted to people within ten years of my age. At 23, I'm really not interested in people younger than me, but as I get older, I'm sure that will change.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2013, 09:40:08 am »
I think, the older you are, the less age matters. When I was trying to find someone when I was 14-18 I wanted someone within a year of me (One Month, actually, is what I'm at!) Though as I've gotten older the range has widened a bit. Though of course that's just my personal experience. I tend to not judge unless It involves underage.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2013, 12:55:40 pm »
Love knows no bounds. I'd say 2-3 years if one is under the local age of consent.

Probably not. It's not what I'm into. Just like I have no real desire to marry a man or bungee jump. "Love knows no bounds" is as close to "live and let live" as was up there.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 04:52:51 pm »
I don't think that there's a limit on dating and age for adults. For minors, though, I think that they should only date people who are within one year of their age. Anything else borders on predatory in my book.

Reminds me of my friend's ex (this was freshman year in college). Well, they weren't technically dating, just screwing around on and off, but then my friend found out that she was dating a middle schooler. A whopping eighth grade boyfriend. Shit took a turn for the weird.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2013, 11:22:50 pm »

Reminds me of my friend's ex (this was freshman year in college). Well, they weren't technically dating, just screwing around on and off, but then my friend found out that she was dating a middle schooler. A whopping eighth grade boyfriend. Shit took a turn for the weird.

When I was a freshman in high school I had a friend who was 14 but looked easily 22. Women would always hit on him when we were out. I don't think I could realistically assess how mature he was at that point, but it's possible it wouldn't at any point be obvious he was fourteen unless he said so outright.
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2013, 06:46:29 am »
I should add that I think people should only date people their own age when they're young, when they're my age. At 30 or 40, I think age stops being so much of an issue.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR