Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156198 times)

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #795 on: December 01, 2018, 01:38:03 am »
That "a sphere is a circle" (which he's using to support the claim that Isaiah 40:22 says the Earth is a sphere) crap is driving me up a wall.

Truly you are having a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Does anyone know who the banned person was?

https://christiannews.net/2018/11/13/study-announces-discovery-of-new-species-of-crocodile-but-speciation-is-not-evolution-says-christian-geneticist/
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #796 on: December 01, 2018, 05:48:31 am »
Ah, and now he's using the old fundie tactic of "let's quote bible verses to the atheist, that will obviously work!"  *rolls eyes*

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #797 on: December 01, 2018, 06:11:29 pm »
Ah, and now he's using the old fundie tactic of "let's quote bible verses to the atheist, that will obviously work!"  *rolls eyes*

Ya. I saw yours and Nick's comments. How about a contest for entries in a new line of Christmas cards?

Skip all that "Peace on Earth" stuff and start quoting the real Jesus.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #798 on: December 02, 2018, 08:22:24 pm »
I'm wondering if edwitness went to the same church as Amos.  He spouts the same line about "homosexuality is idolatry" and says it with all the same frequency.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #800 on: December 10, 2018, 03:18:28 pm »

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #801 on: December 10, 2018, 03:41:53 pm »
Really need to make a point of creating an account and getting on there and telling off Christian News Network for being such wanton censors.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #802 on: December 10, 2018, 04:17:25 pm »
More mass extinctions

Update - maybe not, a refresh of the screen showed many of the comments reappearing. Mysterious are the ways of the ether.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #803 on: December 10, 2018, 08:55:50 pm »
Update - maybe not, a refresh of the screen showed many of the comments reappearing. Mysterious are the ways of the ether.

Let’s just call you clairvoyant. I think your prediction will still come true.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #804 on: December 10, 2018, 09:50:55 pm »
Let’s just call you clairvoyant. I think your prediction will still come true.

FSTDT could run an entire section on the pontifications of Bob Jones. Every response just digs himself a deeper hole.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #805 on: December 21, 2018, 09:14:53 am »
I've noticed something about edwitness......seems like he'll keep an argument going for one, maybe two, back-and-forth exchanges, but will give up after that and stop responding.  Maybe he thinks it's "beneath him" or something, or maybe he just thinks he's won every argument, I don't know....

example:  this http://disq.us/p/1yabfee, and every other conversation I've gotten into with him.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 09:18:08 am by KingOfRhye »

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #806 on: December 31, 2018, 03:41:03 am »
It's such a fundamental misunderstanding that its laughable. New discoveries change the known models all the time and don't disprove evolution. They literally look at proof evolution is happening and then go "durr.... uh, erm, this mean science was wrong about a thing. So I'm right. :)"

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #807 on: January 02, 2019, 08:43:01 pm »
It's such a fundamental misunderstanding that its laughable. New discoveries change the known models all the time and don't disprove evolution. They literally look at proof evolution is happening and then go "durr.... uh, erm, this mean science was wrong about a thing. So I'm right. :)"

Didn't you know?  If science is wrong then Christianity HAS to be right!  Why Christianity, instead of Islam or Hindu or something else?  *waves fingers* JESUS!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #808 on: January 02, 2019, 10:28:40 pm »
Obviously the ancient egyptian were right tbh.

We must worship cats and men with aligator heads and build pyramids now or the gods will continue making the planet dryer and hotter and we'll all just die. Repent now before its too late.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #809 on: January 04, 2019, 10:44:39 pm »
The Egyptians worshipped the Goa'uld.  This is common knowledge.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.