Author Topic: Bachmann's America  (Read 32772 times)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
Bachmann's America
« on: February 03, 2012, 02:49:58 pm »
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/one-towns-war-on-gay-teens-20120202

It's a pretty long read with a few horrifying stories.

TL;DR

Bachmann's district basically does not allow the discussion of homosexuality in school by support from evangelical groups. Which in turns means that bullying goes unregulated and becomes so rampant that suicide rates goes up. And some of the kids aren't even gay, they're just perceived to be gay. But since their have a no discussion policy, evangelical bullies are given free reigns to do whatever they want. Anti-gay groups do not thing but rather show this as "proof" that the gay "lifestyle" is unhealthy, rather than addressing the real problem of uncontrolled harassment in the name of "neutrality".

The stories told within are sad and horrifying. I wish we could just take those kids to a safer place.   
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Re: Bachmann's America
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 03:26:50 pm »
*is too full of RAEG to form a coherent response*

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 03:42:33 pm »
I... ugh... gr... I ... arghhh.

Just... ugh. I wish I could take all the abused kids and take them to a sheltered area.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 04:03:21 pm »
Everyone does.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 04:07:12 pm »
I... ugh... gr... I ... arghhh.

Just... ugh. I wish I could take all the abused kids and take them to a sheltered area.

I wish we could take over the school board and then patrol the shcool halls with cluebats.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

QueenofHearts

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 04:09:13 pm »

Then please don't read the article. It will bring you to tears.

I've read that suicides were high in Bachmann's district and that it was because of their "no homo promo" policy, but words can't describe how bad it really is. It really hurts me reading stories like these. In this school district, in one school year, 9 gay or gay perceived children committed suicide and many other children attempted suicide or were hospitalized for suicidal tendencies. No child should be bullied to such a level. No child should be bullied at all. The PAL, the children, the school board, and especially Michelle Bachmann should be ashamed of themselves for their actions which led to these 9 deaths, and the many others from years before.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 04:12:40 pm »
Remember, not too long ago Bachmann claimed focusing on curbing bullying would emasculate boys. 
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 04:15:00 pm »
Not to derail this thread with ponies, but I can only imagine what this cunt thinks of My Little Pony and the brony fanbase.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 04:19:19 pm »

Then please don't read the article. It will bring you to tears.

I've read that suicides were high in Bachmann's district and that it was because of their "no homo promo" policy, but words can't describe how bad it really is. It really hurts me reading stories like these. In this school district, in one school year, 9 gay or gay perceived children committed suicide and many other children attempted suicide or were hospitalized for suicidal tendencies. No child should be bullied to such a level. No child should be bullied at all. The PAL, the children, the school board, and especially Michelle Bachmann should be ashamed of themselves for their actions which led to these 9 deaths, and the many others from years before.

I did read the article. That's where I got the RAEG.

And I might add that shit like this is why I lost faith in the Christian community's ability to change the world for the better. They treat an entire 10 percent of the human population like crap and for no logical reason. Oh, there's the usual horseshit arguments about how homosexuality is bad for society, but the truth is that this school board and others like it are promoting anti-gay policies just because homosexuality is against their religion.

And to blame these suicides on "the Gay Lifestyle" and use them as an excuse to tighten their grip even further? That's cold. In fact, that's -274 degrees Celsius cold. I'm disgusted.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 04:27:40 pm »
With the adults thus distracted by endless policy discussions, the entire district became a place of dread for students. Every time a loudspeaker crackled in class, kids braced themselves for the feared preamble, "We've had a tragic loss." Students spoke in hushed tones; some wept openly in the halls. "It had that feeling of a horror movie – everyone was talking about death," says one 16-year-old student who broke down at Anoka High School one day and was carted off to a psychiatric hospital for suicidal ideation. Over the course of the 2010-2011 school year, 700 students were evaluated for serious mental-health issues, including hospitalizations for depression and suicide attempts. Kids flooded school counselors' offices, which reported an explosion of children engaging in dangerous behaviors like cutting or asphyxiating each other in the "choking game."

700? Why in the goddamn hell haven't these administrators been fired and arrested? Why the hell hasn't anyone launched a criminal investigation?

Jesus fucking Christ, 700 is about 75% of the population of my entire high school.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 04:32:48 pm by VirtualStranger »

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 04:54:13 pm »
With the adults thus distracted by endless policy discussions, the entire district became a place of dread for students. Every time a loudspeaker crackled in class, kids braced themselves for the feared preamble, "We've had a tragic loss." Students spoke in hushed tones; some wept openly in the halls. "It had that feeling of a horror movie – everyone was talking about death," says one 16-year-old student who broke down at Anoka High School one day and was carted off to a psychiatric hospital for suicidal ideation. Over the course of the 2010-2011 school year, 700 students were evaluated for serious mental-health issues, including hospitalizations for depression and suicide attempts. Kids flooded school counselors' offices, which reported an explosion of children engaging in dangerous behaviors like cutting or asphyxiating each other in the "choking game."

700? Why in the goddamn hell haven't these administrators been fired and arrested? Why the hell hasn't anyone launched a criminal investigation?

Jesus fucking Christ, 700 is about 75% of the population of my entire high school.

Because the schools launched fake investigations and then said "Nope, nothing to do with bullying or the policies on how we treat the topic of LGBTs".

There isn't enough cleansing fire in the world for this bullshit.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 05:16:40 pm »
Which is why we send these idiots into the sun!

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 05:47:37 pm »
Remember, not too long ago Bachmann claimed focusing on curbing bullying would emasculate boys.

That statement ALONE, even if the gay suicides weren't taking place, would be rage-worthy.  Bullying is BAD, period.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 06:00:48 pm »
Bachmann's a Muslim fundie.  The only reason she's against Shia law is she doesn't want to cover her face, though so many wished she would.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 06:10:40 pm »
Disgusting. Barb Andersen, if I ever meet you in person, I will tear out your jaw.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!