Author Topic: And Net Neutrality is a goner. Frigdammit.  (Read 3144 times)

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Re: And Net Neutrality is a goner. Frigdammit.
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 02:30:20 am »
Did I say something wrong?

You didn't upset me, John.  It's more the fact that, if left unchecked, that's EXACTLY what a whole lot of ISP's would love to do.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2014, 02:21:40 am »
Anyone here familiar with the shitty practices by Comcast? For those who have suffered such, explain and demonstrate it so that everyone know what is at stake.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 02:38:42 am »
Ask Conservatoons on it, his response was surprising:

I can't say I'm totally informed but I don't want govt controlling any more than it already does.  In fact I want less.  Heard NN is just a censorship scam to silence dissent - you know when the IRS, law enforcement & NSA can't get the job done.

Highlight mine
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline OmniLiquid

• Neonate
  • Already lurked moar.
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2014, 04:26:05 am »
Anyone here familiar with the shitty practices by Comcast? For those who have suffered such, explain and demonstrate it so that everyone know what is at stake.

I remember when I had comcast I had all non-http traffic throttled to near 0: torrents, pc gaming, console updates, etc. This was a few years back though, so my memory may be fuzzy on the details.