Author Topic: Another SWAT troll call to kids house  (Read 2183 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
Another SWAT troll call to kids house
« on: June 22, 2012, 01:19:08 pm »
I’d advise the Washington state legislature to get a little tougher a little sooner because this sort of thing appears to be a real problem there. This time, it happened to Jacob Neumann, a 16-year-old administering a Minecraft group (incorrectly identified as “Mindcraft” by KING-TV). Some troll showed up, said a bunch of filth flarn in chat, and Jacob kicked him. Then it was go time.

Neumann said the troll specifically threatened to send SWAT to his house. “‘Yo dude. You kicked me off line. I’m going to swat your house,’” Jacob said he was told.

A couple hours later, public safety personnel from four different agencies were on the scene, told that a father inside had shot his 14-year-old daughter because she told him she was pregnant. The alert came via text.

Jacob’s father, Dave, was ordered to the ground face first, handcuffed and read his rights. Jacob and his brother also were ordered from their home. While the Neumanns and the deputies were able to calm the situation before anyone got hurt, the family was, as you can well imagine, frightened and a little pissed off.
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/06/minecraft-ban-leads-to-swat-team-assault/

Gawd this is so retarded.   I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Another SWAT troll call to kids house
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 01:25:45 pm »
What the actual fuck?  I hope the find out who the other player was so he can get in all the trouble he deserves.

I mean:
-Wrongly sending SWAT to someone's house because you don't like them.
-Wasting police resources
-Possibly disturbing the peace?

There's probably more that I can't think of off the top of my head too.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 02:45:57 pm »
ANOTHER one?

This has happened before?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 02:52:31 pm »
ANOTHER one?

This has happened like 2 other times, one that I remember off the top of my head was the kid that was playing CoD  http://consumerist.com/2011/06/xbox-gamer-allegedly-tricks-swat-team-into-investigating-rivals-home.html  Just noticed the date of the article...ironically enough it happened almost exactly 1 year ago today >.>
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 02:57:42 pm »
ANOTHER one?

This has happened like 2 other times, one that I remember off the top of my head was the kid that was playing CoD  http://consumerist.com/2011/06/xbox-gamer-allegedly-tricks-swat-team-into-investigating-rivals-home.html  Just noticed the date of the article...ironically enough it happened almost exactly 1 year ago today >.>

Is it the same guy!?  Seriously, that's kind creepy.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 03:23:19 pm »
First I thought that this is a ridiculous reason to send SWAT after someone (not that there is a good reason to send police on a fake call) but then I realised that this is actually the best motive for SWAT "trolling."

After all if you do it to your neighbour or ex or someone you know in real life they might be able to trace you. Doing it to someone you just met on net (and bothering to hunt down their actual ID and apartment.) makes it harder to trace the culprit.

Anyway, this is horrible, those cops could be needed on a real emergency call.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!