Author Topic: Bryan Fischer: AIDS Denialist  (Read 22930 times)

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
Re: Bryan Fischer: AIDS Denialist
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 06:06:32 pm »
And I suppose it's just a coincidence that every single AIDS patient tests positive for HIV?

No it is a conspiracy!
Some of them believe that AIDS is caused by HIV-medicin, so that covers most of the AIDS cases. It is true that ones who refuse to take medicin (the conspiracy nuts) also die of AIDS but their answer to that is simply claiming that "it wasn't AIDS, it was something else! (Propably all that gay sex he had.)"

Because gay sex is fatal.  A woman taking it up the butt from a man is innocuous (if icky and SINFUL!!!), but once you change it to a man's butt it becomes DEADLY.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 02:07:26 am »
This really leaves me wondering what fringe belief he'll endorse next. He's already insulted and mocked Native Americans, black people, women, gays, AIDS patients, Mormons, Muslims, atheists, liberals and victims of house fires. Can he go lower and, if so, where will it lead? Maybe bets should be taken?

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 02:15:49 am »
This really leaves me wondering what fringe belief he'll endorse next. He's already insulted and mocked Native Americans, black people, women, gays, AIDS patients, Mormons, Muslims, atheists, liberals and victims of house fires. Can he go lower and, if so, where will it lead? Maybe bets should be taken?

Jews and Hindus and people with autism
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 02:53:01 am »
Oh, AIDs denialists...

I feel that posting this is necessary
The woman featured in this documentary is Christine Maggiore, the director's wife. She proudly talks about how she is HIV positive and breast feeds her children without taking precautions to make sure they don't contract the virus.
Her daughter died a year later due to AIDs related pneumonia, and she died another three years later of the virus.
Of course, that didn't stop ANOTHER documentary from featuring her...a few months after she died of AIDs.

WHY...?

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 10:43:05 am »
Oh, AIDs denialists...

I feel that posting this is necessary
The woman featured in this documentary is Christine Maggiore, the director's wife. She proudly talks about how she is HIV positive and breast feeds her children without taking precautions to make sure they don't contract the virus.
Her daughter died a year later due to AIDs related pneumonia, and she died another three years later of the virus.
Of course, that didn't stop ANOTHER documentary from featuring her...a few months after she died of AIDs.

WHY...?
Because stupid, that's why.

Offline Xotan

• Neonate
  • S'é mo chat luchtiarna an tí.
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 04:39:16 pm »
Why not the WBC?  Oh no.  They're all lawyers. 
Is maith le mo chat na Francaigh!  Is ban-chat fhrancach í.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 04:42:34 pm »
People who vote. He'll attack democracy.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 03:07:21 pm »

He's pretty much reached lower than the WBC - they're universally despised, he still has positions with family groups
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline jumpingjackflash

• Agent Swears-A-Lot Peashooter
  • Pope
  • Burn, baby, burn!
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 06:02:34 am »
Alright, first topic I'm posting here :)

Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association (also in the running for Fundie of the Year here) has officially come out as an AIDS denialist, interviewing the most prominent denier Peter Duesberg, and concluding that HIV does not cause the symptoms attributed to AIDS but rather recreational drug use among gay men.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df15ud2wUe4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df15ud2wUe4</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHphnJDmOqE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHphnJDmOqE</a>

When you think he can't sink any lower, he does.

Ok seriously, is nobody even going to try and avenge my man-burrito?

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2012, 07:19:46 am »
And I suppose it's just a coincidence that every single AIDS patient tests positive for HIV?

No it is a conspiracy!
Some of them believe that AIDS is caused by HIV-medicin, so that covers most of the AIDS cases. It is true that ones who refuse to take medicin (the conspiracy nuts) also die of AIDS but their answer to that is simply claiming that "it wasn't AIDS, it was something else! (Propably all that gay sex he had.)"

Because gay sex is fatal.  A woman taking it up the butt from a man is innocuous (if icky and SINFUL!!!), but once you change it to a man's butt it becomes DEADLY.

It makes you wonder how they explain women in committed relationships with other women. The group who has the lowest STD rate and nearly non-existent rates of HIV/AIDS.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 01:02:26 pm »
Don't these fucking morons understand that scientists can SEE the HIV/AIDS virus under a powerful microscope?! How  can you SEE something that isn't there?!

Wait, NVM. I forgot, we have dinosaur fossils too, but they still think the earth is only 6000 years old...

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 04:40:27 pm »
Don't these fucking morons understand that scientists can SEE the HIV/AIDS virus under a powerful microscope?! How  can you SEE something that isn't there?!

Wait, NVM. I forgot, we have dinosaur fossils too, but they still think the earth is only 6000 years old...
They don't deny the existence of the virus, they just say HIV doesn't cause AIDS.

Σא

Offline Vene

• AKA Vene-Eye the Science Guy
  • Pope
  • Patronizing Know-It-All Snotnose
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 05:07:40 pm »

They don't deny the existence of the virus, they just say HIV doesn't cause AIDS.
I'm almost, but not quite, curious enough to wonder what they make of antiretrovirals actually having an effect on people diagnosed with AIDS.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2012, 04:57:17 pm »
According to Wikipedia:
Early denialist arguments held that the HIV/AIDS paradigm was flawed because it had not led to effective treatments. However, the introduction of highly active antiretroviral therapy in the mid-1990s and dramatic improvements in survival of HIV/AIDS patients reversed this argument, as these treatments were based directly on the HIV/AIDS paradigm. The development of effective anti-HIV therapy has been a major factor in convincing some denialist scientists to accept the causative role of HIV in AIDS.

Those that cling to it seem to just be in denial.
Σא

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2012, 05:40:17 pm »
I understand that some people cling to this denialism because AIDS just has to be a punishment for gay sex. But for everyone else, I do not see what is so fucking important that they cling to it so much.
-A Pen Name