Author Topic: Atheists are just angry at God!!  (Read 4930 times)

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
Atheists are just angry at God!!
« on: March 13, 2013, 11:28:35 am »
Okay, lets assume that this is true.  I mean, I'm sure there are some people who are angry at God.  Can you really blame them?  The fundie version of Christianity is full of scary shit.  Demons, hell, rapture, and God are all straight up Nightmare Fuel.  And that's just the half of it.  The doctrine of original sin has got to be the most fucked up thing ever.  God makes a mistake making us, blames us, and demands a human sacrifice just to appease his own twisted sense of justice.  What the fuck? 

Of course, the main reason I stopped bothering was because the fundie beliefs didn't mesh with reality (despite fundies claiming the contrary), but even when I bought into all the apologetic arguements, I was pretty resentful of God.

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
Re: Atheists are just angry at God!!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 01:02:39 pm »
I can't be angry at something I don't believe in.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 02:27:40 pm »
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. - Gandhi
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 02:30:49 pm »
I can't be angry at something I don't believe in.

I've personally used that argument myself a few times before.  I always try and use other examples too.  Like, for instance, I don't think dragons (like the fire-breathing fantasy kind), but I don't hate them.  Disbelief =/= hate.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 02:40:06 pm »
No point arguing with somebody like that. What's that line, you can't reason somebody out of a position they didn't reason themselves into?

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 02:58:20 pm »
If God exists, human attempts to understand him would come laughably short. If he doesn't exist, human attempts to understand him is foolish.

Either way, it's not really something to bother with. I don't hate God. He's probably just too big and important to care about an ant like me, provided he exists.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 03:06:02 pm »
No point arguing with somebody like that. What's that line, you can't reason somebody out of a position they didn't reason themselves into?

Arguing with fundies is like playing chess with a pidgeon. Even if you win they still knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut around like they're victorious.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 03:28:18 pm »
I like it when fundies say that people only become atheists because a family member of theirs died and it made them angry at god.

Surely if god controls everything it only makes sense that you would be angry in that situation.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 05:12:47 pm »
I view him like I view Hades.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 07:39:02 pm »
Atheis =/= misotheist
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 07:44:08 pm »
I'm not angry at Yahweh, just his most zealous adherents.  Quite the difference.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline alaric112

• Neonate
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 09:27:10 pm »
Eh, I must confess, I conform to the stereotype. I self describe as "the closest an atheist can get to being a maltheist". Part of why I left religion in the first place was realizing that there's so much in the world that a truly benevolent being with omnipotence and omniscience could do, without really impacting on free will in any area where it actually mattered. I don't believe in a god, but if there was one, I'd be pissed off at it, is my general attitude.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 02:23:30 am »
I cant say I am angry at god, I am more angry at religion as an organization.
In my personal experiences I have seen how religion can tear apart friendships and families and turn otherwise good people into hateful pricks. I see it as a kind of craziness drug that people take with all the bad things one would normally expect from any kind of addiction. It makes me angry seeing people who profess to be the good and moral people, be such bad and immoral people most of the time.

I know that their reactions are all because they are just human, but I hate religion because it acts as their excuse.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 03:28:49 am »
I don't have a problem with God, I just don't think he exists.

Now, Anubis on the other hand. I've a massive bone to pick with that cunt.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 10:01:12 am »
I don't have a problem with God, I just don't think he exists.

Now, Anubis on the other hand. I've a massive bone to pick with that cunt.

I'm sure there are many, many furries who would love to help you pick Anubis' bone.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.