Author Topic: True anti-humanity from a christian pastor.  (Read 22950 times)

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
Re: True anti-humanity from a christian pastor.
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 05:37:55 pm »
The point is that they, the Calvinists, get to feel all smug and superior because regardless of how great you may be, how much you may have accomplished, how much you have helped the world with your efforts and energy, they are still better than you because they are the "Elect" and you are a "Reprobate."
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 05:45:47 pm »
...SNIP...

Not to mention that many of those who believe this horrific concept are unfeeling bastards themselves.  Like this one jerkass who criticized a pastor for daring to question why god would send starving children to hell after they already suffered enough.  Jerkass responded that he has no right to criticize god, how he's the clay god's the potter, and that we all deserve the worst anyway so we should shut up and accept what ever horrific fate awaits us.  You'd have to be a pretty cold hearted bastard to believe in and love a god who would do this.  Especially if you think that you're the "elect" and that everyone else is damned and deserves it simply for being born. 

It really isn't that much different than Westboro only Westboro are even more cold hearted and hateful than your average Calvinist.

Heh.  I can give another example right here

The ultimate kick to the groin?  That's the bigoted bastard who loves to blame the holocaust on Darwin!  Yet he has NO trouble with biblegod doing even worse than Hitler!

Subjective morality at it's best.  Or should that be worst?

On the bright side, DaveScot bans Sarfati's ass from that site!

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2012, 05:46:44 pm »
That doesn't make sense. If God didn't create unbelievers, there wouldn't be any unbelievers that need converted. So he would not need unbelievers to make the believers look good for the other unbelievers.

What?

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2012, 05:55:13 pm »
This is because God takes the mass of sinful humanity and creates some of them for salvation and some of them for damnation.... All unbelievers who never come to faith in Christ do so because they're reprobates and God is in the process of hardening their hearts so that He can display His judgment against them on the Great Day...

But I thought god gave us all free will?

Can't you fundies make up one personality for your make believe god and stick to it? Get together and fucking pick one.

According to the Calvinits, yes, God did give us free will. He gave us the free will to accept or rebel against His plans for us. But whether we accept or not.....it's still going to happen. Their version of free will is a free will that can not affect the inevitable outcome, only your attitude towards and acceptance of that outcome.

Then why bother?

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2012, 06:03:34 pm »
That doesn't make sense. If God didn't create unbelievers, there wouldn't be any unbelievers that need converted. So he would not need unbelievers to make the believers look good for the other unbelievers.

What?

Because in order for the elect to be special snowflake douchebags, people need to go to hell.  Otherwise, everyone would be equal and we can't have that.   ::) 

At least that's the impression I get from their mindset. 

Offline Lithp

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 06:09:19 pm »
Well, their God is the one wasting their time, so guess who wins in the end?

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 06:56:11 pm »
Sometimes I really don't get them. Really. I mean, if that's the kind of person God is, I'd rather burn in hell than worship a sociopathic asshole like that. What kind of brainwashing do you have to go through to believe that at least two-thirds of every human who ever lived, lives now, or ever will live is going to spend an infinite amount of time undergoing horrific torture at God's hands, and yet still believe that God is worth worshipping? My parents are Calvinists, and they both believe that bit about everyone going to hell, and that God's loving and kind. I don't get it at all.

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 06:59:24 pm »
it's all Salvational Relativity. There's no point in being "saved" unless there are a larger group of "unsaved" to compare yourself to.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline Lithp

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2012, 07:00:54 pm »
That's all well & dandy, but you can be the Superior Stock without bringing crazy ethereal fire torture into the mix.

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 07:01:21 pm »
So, basically these people are all complete assholes.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 07:09:01 pm »
I prefer my system, where nearly everyone goes to heaven in the end.
I like mine, everyone just ends up dead.

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2012, 07:18:09 pm »
I'm hoping for a combination Valhalla/Las Vegas/Disneyworld afterlife myself.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2012, 07:58:30 pm »
I never saw how intentionally throwing people into Hell is supposed to enhance anyone’s glory.
-A Pen Name

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2012, 01:13:00 am »
I'm hoping for a combination Valhalla/Las Vegas/Disneyworld afterlife myself.

I like the one on American Dad where everyone had their own personal heaven.

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2012, 01:27:32 am »
I want an infinitely large library, and read-access to the internet (with a button to cause stupid people to suffer embarrassing personal problems), oh and tons of fun people to play tabletop games with. Also, a font of perfect coffee.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.