Author Topic: Gay Marriage Legal: Is Polygamy Next?  (Read 5667 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: Gay Marriage Legal: Is Polygamy Next?
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2015, 02:03:52 am »
Considering that, then Tommen is all of one bad day from becoming Maegar II Electric Buggaloo.

Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2015, 10:27:01 am »
If that's true than, aside from being a dwarf, it seems that the only one that managed to largely dodge the bullet was Tyrion.  Then again, Tyrion's also my favourite, hands down, because he's just so damned cool, soooo...might be a little biased, lol.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 06:50:39 pm »
There's actually a fan theory that none of the current Lannister flock are actually Lannisters. In the books, it's strongly implied that the Targaryens would regularly consort with the wives of their nobles, and Jaime, Cersei and Tyrion are described as having platinum hair, only a few shades darker than the Targaryen white. Add in the mental instabilities, propensity for incest and some remarks Tywin makes to Tyrion about not being able to prove that Tywin isn't the father, and it starts to look like not a one of Tywin Lannister's kids might be his own.

On the one hand, yeah, it's canon that Aerys was infatuated with Joanna (Tywin's wife) and not terribly fond of his own wife/sister Rhaella, and there's a rumour that he had sex with her at some point, before she married Tywin. On the other, Tywin Lannister does not suffer insults gladly, not even from Aerys, and and much less anything having to do with his wife. Iif Tywin had the slightest inkling that Aerys had fathered his children he'd probably have jumped to join Robert's Rebellion at the first chance he got. Instead, he waited around to see who had the upper hand.

Also, not sure of the timeline here, but I think Joanna spent almost all her time at Casterly Rock after her wedding. And both the Queen and Tywin would have an interest to keep her away from Aerys (Joanna was Rhaella's lady-in-waiting before she married Tywin and it's said the Queen tolerated Aerys indiscretions, but not when it concerned one of her ladies). I don't think he'd have the chance.

I suspect his remark to Tyrion was just out of disgust (and convenience), not because he actually thought he was a bastard.

This would also explain why Cersei and Jaime are relatively normal aside from the paranoia (which is also attributable to their environment) and incest, while Joffrey got hit with the insanity stick so bad...an infusion of fresh blood diluted the genetic causes of their mental issues, but going right back to family lovin' compounded them again. It's likely that their other children will start manifesting similar symptoms as they grow older.

Not necessarily! Most of the Targaryens were super inbred, and while they did have their share of crazy assholes that wasn't all of them. Daeron the Good, Jaehaerys the Conciliator, Aegon the Conqueror, those guys were pretty decent. And that's just kings, if you count general folk you have Aemon the Dragonknight, Rhaegar, Maester Aemon possiby though he was actually one of the least inbred Targaryens so he might not count.

Also, 3:1 odds that we'll never find out if Tommen or Myrcella go crazy or not because they die too soon.

(click to show/hide)
Σא

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2015, 11:57:20 pm »
There's actually a fan theory that none of the current Lannister flock are actually Lannisters. In the books, it's strongly implied that the Targaryens would regularly consort with the wives of their nobles, and Jaime, Cersei and Tyrion are described as having platinum hair, only a few shades darker than the Targaryen white. Add in the mental instabilities, propensity for incest and some remarks Tywin makes to Tyrion about not being able to prove that Tywin isn't the father, and it starts to look like not a one of Tywin Lannister's kids might be his own.

On the one hand, yeah, it's canon that Aerys was infatuated with Joanna (Tywin's wife) and not terribly fond of his own wife/sister Rhaella, and there's a rumour that he had sex with her at some point, before she married Tywin. On the other, Tywin Lannister does not suffer insults gladly, not even from Aerys, and and much less anything having to do with his wife. Iif Tywin had the slightest inkling that Aerys had fathered his children he'd probably have jumped to join Robert's Rebellion at the first chance he got. Instead, he waited around to see who had the upper hand.

While he doesn't take insults well, he's also shown to be one of the most intelligent and cunning men in the Seven Kingdoms. He would have known that, if the rebellion failed, everyone involved would have been heads on spikes, probably with their entire families. If Tywin is obsessed with anything, it's his legacy and the legacy of the Lannister family. He wouldn't have gambled his family's future on something as ephemeral as revenge, even if he did have his doubts about his children's paternity.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 01:16:14 pm »
Might be, you're right that wouldn't gamble the future of the Lannister family if he wasn't sure. But then he probably could have at least negotiated with Robert, Jon Ned, et al for a new wife of appropriately high station to give birth to new heirs (pretty much all the High Houses except Tyrell were on Robert's side of the rebellion, and I don't think the Tyrells had a match to offer Tywin).

In any case, I don't think there's enough to go on for the theory to work. No Targaryen eyes, the hair is typically described as golden rather than white, not much to go on other than a passing comment by Tywin that can easily be explained otherwise. Plus there's already one major character thought to be fathered by a High Lord that is actually a Targaryen bastard, do we really need three more?

I think we were talking about something else though. So, uh, how about those polygamy laws?

But to be honest my real reason for disagreeing is that Joanna x Tywin is my OTP and I will not tolerate any insinuation that they were anything less than perfect for each other.
Σא