Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 828077 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #4455 on: October 16, 2018, 10:13:28 pm »
You know...Japan makes a damn fine beer.  Sapporo isn't quite as good as Guinness, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it damn near as much.

[ETA]
They also make a good whisky.  It's like scotch, but actually drinkable.  I'm kinda fecked writing this, but I quite enjoyed the Suntory I got a few days ago.  Shit is better than the Scottish crap I bought.  Japan knows it's booze.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:16:09 am by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #4456 on: October 21, 2018, 02:45:54 pm »
I had some Sapporo a long time ago.  I remember thinking it was OK, but not great.  I used to live right by a store that had a pretty good beer selection and would have new things every so often, so I was always trying something new.

What I really miss is Pete's Wicked Ale.  I loved that stuff, but it's not even made any more.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #4457 on: October 22, 2018, 02:55:17 am »
Didn't happen today, but I've been back in counseling thanks to school. Best part is I don't have to pay for it because I'm already paying the college in tuition and other fees. Though this is only up to 12 times, I don't need to have it every week or anything but it can definitely point me in the right directions when a time comes to pass when I have to actually pay someone with my own money from my own pockets ith no middle group receiving most of it.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #4458 on: October 25, 2018, 05:09:31 pm »
My motorcycle and I will be good and legal Saturday! I get to start commuting on Monday.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4459 on: October 27, 2018, 05:06:04 pm »
I'm starting to learn Fortran, mostly for shits and/or giggles.  I reimplemented a pi estimator my parallel computing teacher gave us in Fortran, and I actually kind of enjoyed it.  I haven't learned a new programming language in quite a while...it feels nice.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4460 on: November 12, 2018, 10:04:23 pm »
I just learned how to poach an egg.  Oh my god, they are wonderful.  Pop the whole yolk in at once, and its just a gush of wondrous, warm egginess.  I think that's my new favourite way to cook an egg.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #4461 on: November 12, 2018, 10:08:29 pm »
How do you do it Ravy?

I use a big pot of water with a tablespoon of salt. Crack two eggs into a cup. Once the water is boiling turn off the heat and slide eggs in. Cover the pot and then scoop them out after 3 mins and 30seconds with a slotted spoon. Good to put a teaspoon of lemon juice on the eggs after you crack them into the cup.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4462 on: November 12, 2018, 10:12:04 pm »
I ground some pink salt into the water, added about a tablespoon of rice vinegar and got the water just boiling.  Whisk a whirlpool into the water, lay in the egg, and let it go til the yolk rises to the top.  Lay on a bit of paper towel to dry, then just add salt and pepper to taste.  Simple and easy.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4463 on: November 12, 2018, 10:19:14 pm »
I have to come over for breakfast one day.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4464 on: November 12, 2018, 10:21:23 pm »
When Sleeps and I get a house, I have already sworn that I will make the holidays a culinary fuckstravaganza.  I will be your god and there will be sauce.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #4465 on: November 12, 2018, 10:28:31 pm »
I shall bring the stuffed peppers.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #4466 on: November 13, 2018, 12:56:51 am »
The ultimate breakfast extravaganza is when you make your own hollandaise, especially good on sourdough bread

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4467 on: November 26, 2018, 11:12:57 pm »
Just made the most epic chicken, tomato, and onion soup.  Put a table spoon of butter in a pot, melt it, crush about 3 cloves of garlic into the pot and add 2 onions sliced into thin crescents.  Let those go on medium heat til just soft and throw in about 20oz of tomato puree with about half that in beef broth.  Add about a teaspoon each of salt and pepper, along with a sprig's worth of fresh thyme and a mixture of dried rosemary, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes.  Bring that to a boil and cover, letting it simmer on a low heat for about 5 minutes.  Pop in two star anise into the pot and let it go for another five minutes.  After removing the star anise, add to the soup base 2 breast's worth of cooked chicken chunks that have been combined with some salt, pepper, and about half a teaspoon of black sesame oil.  Let it sit for a few minutes to cool off and enjoy one hell of a nice, thick soup.

Source of the recipe: right outta my ass.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #4468 on: November 27, 2018, 10:49:57 am »
Just made the most epic chicken, tomato, and onion soup.  Put a table spoon of butter in a pot, melt it, crush about 3 cloves of garlic into the pot and add 2 onions sliced into thin crescents.  Let those go on medium heat til just soft and throw in about 20oz of tomato puree with about half that in beef broth.  Add about a teaspoon each of salt and pepper, along with a sprig's worth of fresh thyme and a mixture of dried rosemary, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes.  Bring that to a boil and cover, letting it simmer on a low heat for about 5 minutes.  Pop in two star anise into the pot and let it go for another five minutes.  After removing the star anise, add to the soup base 2 breast's worth of cooked chicken chunks that have been combined with some salt, pepper, and about half a teaspoon of black sesame oil.  Let it sit for a few minutes to cool off and enjoy one hell of a nice, thick soup.

Source of the recipe: right outta my ass.

Damn, that sounds good.  Probably smells AMAZING, too.   ;D

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #4469 on: November 27, 2018, 03:53:59 pm »
Needs more garlic.