Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1463086 times)

Saturn500

Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1170 on: October 11, 2012, 07:23:00 pm »
The PSN store's getting a new look...

http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/11/sony-unveils-redesigned-ps-store-live-from-october-17/

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/11/new-playstation-store-coming-october-23rd/

...Well, at least it isn't the current Xbox 360 interface (I seriously want to subject whoever came up with Metro in the first place to a Limbo of the Lost playthrough)

Offline MoonWolfhowl

• Neonate
  • Frightening Santa
« Reply #1171 on: October 12, 2012, 04:38:51 pm »
Made a fuckton of characters in Skyrim, but got distracted by finding my old Chrono Cross and FFTactics games. I can deal with the shitty translation if it means I won't have to be on constant guard for goddamn chocobos killing me all the time.

I got Pokemon White 2 today.

I wanna get myself a pokerman game again. I have an emulator for Ruby but it's just not the same as getting to play on a handheld.

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #1172 on: October 12, 2012, 11:45:24 pm »
I got Pokemon White 2 today.

I wanna get myself a pokerman game again. I have an emulator for Ruby but it's just not the same as getting to play on a handheld.

If you're going to get a Pokemon game, I'd suggest finding a copy of Black or White first, and then later pick up Black 2 or White 2 if you feel so inclined. Aside from being direct story sequels, I think Black or White would offer something of a better experience to someone coming back into the game after an absence.

Saturn500

« Reply #1173 on: October 13, 2012, 12:20:16 am »
Also, transferring data from a B&W save to B&W 2 gets you some more cutscenes.

Speaking of which, I got Genesect in B&W2 via Mystery Gift after beating Elesa (I simply didn't bother to use the feature up until that point). It's pretty much broken the game so far, although I'm going to have to face Skyla next, so that may wind up changing soon.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1174 on: October 13, 2012, 02:00:02 am »
There have been some pretty mediocre reviews for it though.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1175 on: October 13, 2012, 02:46:36 am »
Also, Black and White both have horrible real time based mechanics in the game. Specifically, there are different seasons in-game and they change depending on the actual time of the year (or to put it bluntly, you have to regularly exit the game and fuck around with the DS's internal clock to access all of the content). If, like me, you find that sort of thing to be completely insufferable, you may want to go with Diamond/Pearl instead.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #1176 on: October 13, 2012, 02:49:21 am »
Or you can just say fuck it, like I do, rush through the story, hunt down what you want to mess with when you want, get the perfect team you want up and running and just ruin the whole point of the game for the sake of your own little metagame.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1177 on: October 13, 2012, 04:49:22 am »
I skipped right to Black 2.  At the moment, my Lucario and whatever the water starter is are laying waste to everything in their paths.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Saturn500

« Reply #1178 on: October 13, 2012, 08:55:07 am »

They also gave Jet Set Radio a low score. Besides, I haven't trusted Gamespot since the whole Kane & Lynch fiasco.

I skipped right to Black 2.  At the moment, my Lucario and whatever the water starter is are laying waste to everything in their paths.

Add to that by using Mystery Gift from the main menu.

Genesect will really wreck your opponents' shit

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1179 on: October 14, 2012, 09:29:45 pm »
I think I've reached the level of technological insanity in Technic.  I've got enough EMC in my Transmutation Tablet to make practically anything I want, including Mk 3 collectors and relays.  I've managed to create an automated BuildCraft power generation facility that runs forever, an eternal supply of steel (for Railcraft), an eternal supply of geothermal power via lava cells, and I've just finished a system that will give me a never-ending supply of advanced alloys.

I think I can safely say that Equivalent Exchange is BROKEN AS ALL FUCK.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1180 on: October 15, 2012, 12:15:12 am »
I have beaten Dawnguard.  Only took me 4 Cuddles.  And now I have Serana as a companion.

Ironbite-Vampire lady looks good in glass armor.

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #1181 on: October 15, 2012, 12:32:48 am »

GameSpot always gives Pokemon lackluster reviews because Nintendo won't pay them for good ones, not to mention GameSpot's notorious genre bias. For some other POVs, Famitsu gave it a 36/40, and IGN gave it a 9.6/10. When one review source consistently rates a specific series lower than every other review source on the planet, I think it's pretty obvious the problem doesn't rest with the game.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1182 on: October 15, 2012, 01:35:58 am »
I honestly don't pay much heed to reviews, or even hearsay.

Played some good games and been sorely disappointed, played some bad games and had a blast.

As it turns out, I have different taste from a lot of people.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #1183 on: October 15, 2012, 01:52:22 am »
I honestly don't pay much heed to reviews, or even hearsay.

Played some good games and been sorely disappointed, played some bad games and had a blast.

As it turns out, I have different taste from a lot of people.

This, so much more than should be necessary.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1184 on: October 15, 2012, 05:24:17 am »

Add to that by using Mystery Gift from the main menu.

Genesect will really wreck your opponents' shit

I want one but I can't get my DS to connect to my wife's wireless internet.  We can't figure out what the code is that we need to enter; we tried every number we could find, under the router and in her program.  She then bought me wifi USB adapter, I plugged it in and installed everything, but I still can't get it to work.

Currently training a Drilbur, or at least trying to.  She's getting her rear end handed to her by everything in the area.  It doesn't help that her calm nature is making her raise her Attack VERY slowly.  I'm thinking of just using Lucario to defeat Elesa and then catching another Drilbru in Chargestone Caverns.  Considering I prefer Sand Rush to her Sand Force, I'm seriously considering this.  Or I might just try training Darumaka instead.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"