Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1463434 times)

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #855 on: August 18, 2012, 01:00:08 am »
I have Skyrim.  And I found out that killing a chicken pisses people off.

Ironbite-not sure why though.

I'm pretty sure that chickens are marked in the game's code as "pets", so killing them will incur the same reaction from their owners that killing a family member would.

Distind

« Reply #856 on: August 18, 2012, 06:02:50 am »
I have Skyrim.  And I found out that killing a chicken pisses people off.

Ironbite-not sure why though.

I'm pretty sure that chickens are marked in the game's code as "pets", so killing them will incur the same reaction from their owners that killing a family member would.
I'm always stunned how many people walk into the first town and immediately attempt to kill a chicken, and then wonder why the town is pissed at them.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #857 on: August 18, 2012, 06:17:23 am »
I always wonder why they kill that chicken in the first place. It's a stupid, pointless thing to do. The chickens in the game are basically scenery. My urge to kill them is about a strong as my urge to start hacking at the damn trees.

Seriously. I don't get it. Why does everyone but me get the uncontrollable urge to slaughter that same chicken? I've walked by hundreds of chickens in the game and never paid them any more than a passing glance.

Also, I'm not sure why everyone refers to Riverwood as simply "the first town". The town has a name, you know.

Distind

« Reply #858 on: August 18, 2012, 06:27:49 am »
Seriously. I don't get it. Why does everyone but me get the uncontrollable urge to slaughter that same chicken? I've walked by hundreds of chickens in the game and never paid them any more than a passing glance.
Being small and relatively quick they do make good target practice while you're getting used to how the bows work(plus kill cam on a chicken is funny as hell), but beyond that I've got nothing.

Also, I'm not sure why everyone refers to Riverwood as simply "the first town". The town has a name, you know.
I've seen it happen when people started wandering in other directions, found a chicken, killed it anyway. Some folks take a perverse pride in doing as little of the main story as possible.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #859 on: August 18, 2012, 09:03:12 am »
its blow back from zelda I think.  at least on my part

ironbite-also gonna do a game log on my livejournal.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #860 on: August 18, 2012, 03:31:16 pm »
I always wonder why they kill that chicken in the first place.

It's because there are no kittens in the game.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #861 on: August 18, 2012, 03:56:52 pm »
Being small and relatively quick they do make good target practice while you're getting used to how the bows work(plus kill cam on a chicken is funny as hell), but beyond that I've got nothing.

Dunno bout anyone else, but I find smashing chickens with a huge fucking hammer hilarious.  Crunch go da chicken!

I've seen it happen when people started wandering in other directions, found a chicken, killed it anyway. Some folks take a perverse pride in doing as little of the main story as possible.

I get to about the point where dragons start spawning on their own, then...I get distracted by killing the dragons and setting bandits on fire, lol.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #862 on: August 19, 2012, 03:00:45 pm »
I'm rather annoyed with The End in Minecraft, because I spawn there and am immediately knocked out of the world by the dragon. I have no chance of dodging or fighting -- it's like a bad glitch, as if he's always waiting at my spawn point.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #863 on: August 19, 2012, 05:40:36 pm »
WHY CAN'T I KILL GIANTS IN FUCKING SKYRIM!?

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #864 on: August 19, 2012, 05:48:12 pm »
Just run, Ibby. They're still tough to kill at level fifty, and most of them are content to let you pass.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #865 on: August 19, 2012, 05:48:54 pm »
I did manage to kill two but one killed Lydia and I can't let my beast of bur...I mean Housecarl die like that.

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #866 on: August 19, 2012, 05:51:20 pm »
WHY CAN'T I KILL GIANTS IN FUCKING SKYRIM!?

Get a bow. Learn to kite.

Or shoot one and then run into that little tower near Whiterun where you fight the first dragon. They can't fit through the archway.
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #867 on: August 19, 2012, 05:53:18 pm »
My Lydia got killed by a dragon, and I didn't realize she had died until I'd fast-traveled away and back about three times looking for her. So I put on my roleplaying hat and gave her a heartfelt lore-accurate funeral in the nearby river.

And yes, a step in that funeral may have involved taking all the useful gear she had, but it was in character, dammit.

In all seriousness, losing her actually did tear me up a little. I didn't take another follower for about two months, and I heal my new one, Kharjo, constantly and reload saves if he dies.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #868 on: August 19, 2012, 06:03:07 pm »
I need to get my hands on a house.  I think I have a free one in Riverwood but I'm not sure.

Ironbite-I kinda miss New Vegas where companions don't die in casual...they just fall asleep.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #869 on: August 19, 2012, 06:09:30 pm »
You can get a house in Whiterun after you kill the first dragon.  I think you technically get the house in Riverrun if you marry the shopkeeper's sister.  Too bad he has to live there to (You don't want to kill him; he's great for selling items back to).
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"