Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1461863 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #585 on: June 10, 2012, 02:16:08 pm »
...Um.

The way they have the POV for the bow is... really off.  Like the person's head is floating a foot to the right of where it should be.

Other than that, yeah, it looks like fun.

CoD except not shit, huh?  Then it isn't CoD ;D
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #586 on: June 10, 2012, 11:13:52 pm »
It looks like a high-quality mod for Mount & Blade.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #587 on: June 11, 2012, 11:42:11 am »
Has anyone here played Catherine? I think most people generally agreed that it was a shitty game, and yet I can't shake the urge to play it and find some stuff I might've overlooked in the first playthrough.

(click to show/hide)
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Saturn500

« Reply #588 on: June 11, 2012, 12:29:15 pm »
Has anyone here played Catherine? I think most people generally agreed that it was a shitty game, and yet I can't shake the urge to play it and find some stuff I might've overlooked in the first playthrough.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #589 on: June 11, 2012, 05:09:29 pm »
Hooked up my 360 to my PC monitor, much more convenient and a bigger screensize than the tiny TV on my desk. determined to get Dark Souls and The Witcher 2 beat before August.

Saturn500

« Reply #590 on: June 11, 2012, 07:50:37 pm »

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #591 on: June 11, 2012, 08:56:26 pm »
Nothing that comes from Harvest Moon is terrible.

NOTHING!

Saturn500

« Reply #592 on: June 11, 2012, 11:14:03 pm »
Except this isn't Harvest Moon, it's just the same creator. And besides, I never said it would be bad, just that it's either a ripoff or a huge coincidence.

http://www.gamesradar.com/best-ps-vita-games/ I keep forgetting to order Gravity Rush. Also, Y U NO MENTION PURE CHESS OR BLAZBLUE?

Also, I've completed Ys Origin with Yunica, and I'm going through it again with Hugo. Why?

(click to show/hide)

EDIT: http://www.gamespot.com/news/capcom-overworks-devs-with-no-mercy-street-fighter-producer-6382135 Stay classy, Crapcom.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 03:43:31 pm by Saturn500 »

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #593 on: June 12, 2012, 09:55:10 pm »
So after getting some good reviews from a couple friends, I finally decided to go out and buy Dragon's Dogma.

Light spoilers
(click to show/hide)

One thing that made me love the game is that it has I swear one of the best companion AI's I've ever seen.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Saturn500

« Reply #594 on: June 12, 2012, 10:35:04 pm »
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15030/

Potato Sack Reunion. Let's begin the wild speculation!

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #595 on: June 13, 2012, 04:17:30 am »
I'm a bit surprised with the lack of Diablo 3 commentary.  But that's maybe because they're too busy playing the game.

IMO, it's much better balanced than D2 (as in no clearly useless skills, fewer completely useless item mods).  My 2 cents on the next patch is that they shouldn't nerf IAS (it's not overpowered to the point that it's a "must have" over other good modifiers), and they shouldn't nerf act2 inferno.  While it is ridiculously hard, that's kinda the whole point of inferno difficulty.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #596 on: June 13, 2012, 02:33:18 pm »
Though they should fix the "invisible projectile" issue...
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
« Reply #597 on: June 13, 2012, 05:56:07 pm »
I'm a bit surprised with the lack of Diablo 3 commentary.  But that's maybe because they're too busy playing the game.

IMO, it's much better balanced than D2 (as in no clearly useless skills, fewer completely useless item mods).  My 2 cents on the next patch is that they shouldn't nerf IAS (it's not overpowered to the point that it's a "must have" over other good modifiers), and they shouldn't nerf act2 inferno.  While it is ridiculously hard, that's kinda the whole point of inferno difficulty.

I find the forums http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354739/ to be 100x more entertaining than the game itself.
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #598 on: June 13, 2012, 06:00:03 pm »
I just find dungeon crawlers to be about as interesting as watching cricket. That is to say, not even remotely interesting.

Distind

« Reply #599 on: June 14, 2012, 10:41:20 am »
Looks like dwarf fortress has had some serious updates lately, they have actual containers now, so no more hauling one seed at a time. Not that I have the slightest clue how to use any of this yet.

Also, Checking out the secret world beta this weekend, if anyone wanted to know anything I can rattle out a summary.