Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1462299 times)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #510 on: May 27, 2012, 03:47:04 pm »
So I got Dark Souls a day ago, started playing it today and two FUCKING skeletons keep on killing me over and over again. Either I'm doing something wrong or this game is designed for post-humans with intellect and reflexes far surpassing mine.

Yeah, Dark Souls is supposed to be ridiculously hard.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #511 on: May 27, 2012, 10:36:10 pm »
Finally started playing Fallout: New Vegas again. One of my saves was in the middle of the Dead Money DLC, so I fired that one back up to get it taken care of. Several hours of frustration later, I have managed to set off the fireworks. (I had previously gathered the team.) Whoever made those maps should be fired! It wasn't an issue of "oh crap, there is poisonous gas there." It was "OK, how do I get to the quest marker? It's right there, but there is a wall in my way and I cannot get around it." On top of that, the character I was playing with is not statted for melee weapons, but that is all I can use to attack. (I did find a gun - which is the character's strength - but there is only so much ammo and I don't know if I will need it later. Can't hit worth a darn with the spears.)
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline jumpingjackflash

• Agent Swears-A-Lot Peashooter
  • Pope
  • Burn, baby, burn!
« Reply #512 on: May 27, 2012, 11:21:15 pm »
Finally, finally finished feeding Manaphy in PMD: Explorers Of Sky. If it weren't for the Kecleon shop selling Blue Gummis, I'd be dead in the water by now.
Ok seriously, is nobody even going to try and avenge my man-burrito?

Saturn500

« Reply #513 on: May 28, 2012, 10:38:55 am »
Finally started playing Fallout: New Vegas again. One of my saves was in the middle of the Dead Money DLC, so I fired that one back up to get it taken care of. Several hours of frustration later, I have managed to set off the fireworks. (I had previously gathered the team.) Whoever made those maps should be fired! It wasn't an issue of "oh crap, there is poisonous gas there." It was "OK, how do I get to the quest marker? It's right there, but there is a wall in my way and I cannot get around it." On top of that, the character I was playing with is not statted for melee weapons, but that is all I can use to attack. (I did find a gun - which is the character's strength - but there is only so much ammo and I don't know if I will need it later. Can't hit worth a darn with the spears.)

It will only get even worse, trust me.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #514 on: May 28, 2012, 12:59:58 pm »

Oooh did you get the Holorifle?  I think that might be one of the more powerful guns in the game.

Ironbite-should save some money up and get Dead Money....heard it's an awesome expansion.

Offline ThunderWulf

• The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #515 on: May 28, 2012, 01:08:33 pm »

Oooh did you get the Holorifle?  I think that might be one of the more powerful guns in the game.

Ironbite-should save some money up and get Dead Money....heard it's an awesome expansion.

The Holorifle quickly became my best friend in that DLC.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #516 on: May 28, 2012, 01:29:45 pm »
I think it became everyone's best friend in that DLC and beyond.

Ironbite-one of the best guns in the game and that's coming from a guy who enjoys shooting people in the head with a hunting rifle from 500 yards away.

Saturn500

« Reply #517 on: May 28, 2012, 02:25:49 pm »
I stuck with the Oh, Baby! Unique Super Sledge for the most part, really. Even after Dead Money.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #518 on: May 28, 2012, 03:41:11 pm »
Meh...I don't truck with Melee weapons.  Much prefer sniper to close quarters combat.

Ironbite-best to take care of things before they get to you I always say.

Offline Danarth

• Apprentice
« Reply #519 on: May 28, 2012, 06:55:55 pm »
Meh...I don't truck with Melee weapons.  Much prefer sniper to close quarters combat.

Ironbite-best to take care of things before they get to you I always say.

Agreed....Close quarter combat with a Deathclaw Alpha or Deathclaw Mother is not a bright move....those things are fast.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #520 on: May 28, 2012, 06:59:34 pm »
Which is why, if I make a melee/unarmed character, I always splash em with some explosives skill.  A deathclaw's nothing if they go thru a minefield getting to you.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Danarth

• Apprentice
« Reply #521 on: May 28, 2012, 07:13:48 pm »
Which is why, if I make a melee/unarmed character, I always splash em with some explosives skill.  A deathclaw's nothing if they go thru a minefield getting to you.

Long range usually helps....Unless you happen upon a rather large next of Deathclaws...babies, regulars, Alpha and Mother....there is a big nest on the other side of the river down from the dam....I died there quite a lot trying to get the power armour there.

Offline ThunderWulf

• The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #522 on: May 29, 2012, 01:19:57 am »
I like to use mid/long range scoped rifles for the most part, but switch to something fully automatic if I get swarmed.
a.k.a. TGRwulf

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #523 on: May 29, 2012, 06:34:39 am »

Yes, but I am lacking in ammo. I have 9 rounds left. I thought it used MF Cells, so I made more of them. No, it uses MF Cell B's, which I do not have, cannot find, and cannot make.

I hate it. Although that is mostly because of the frustrating and misleading maps and combat. The story is pretty cool.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #524 on: May 29, 2012, 07:04:32 am »
...Witcher 1 is coming to PS3 and 360. YESSSSSSSSSS.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!