Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1461968 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #225 on: March 19, 2012, 03:57:50 am »
That is fucking stupid. -_-
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #226 on: March 19, 2012, 06:23:02 am »
Back over to Mass Effect 3 now that I finished ME2. Gotta see what my romance with Liara does in ME3.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #227 on: March 19, 2012, 06:41:59 am »
Back over to Mass Effect 3 now that I finished ME2. Gotta see what my romance with Liara does in ME3.

Thus far, they've said a few cute things to each other in my game, but I think I'm only about halfway through, if that.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #228 on: March 19, 2012, 06:52:15 am »

Thus far, they've said a few cute things to each other in my game, but I think I'm only about halfway through, if that.

Yeah, Shep did the whole rub loved one's face with palm on Mars. I'm sure there's more though. So cute together! eeeee!

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #229 on: March 19, 2012, 11:55:36 am »
What is it with people on DDO and dissing my fucking characters?  My little Drow Ninja Monk got dissed because, due to her being a two-weapon fighting Monk, had high AC as a result.  I got dissed for "AC tanking."

Uh, is there a problem with a Monk tanking (if built to do it)? And aren't tanks supposed to have high AC?
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #230 on: March 19, 2012, 01:25:12 pm »
Apparently, its because I would have, quote "shit DPS."

1) Weapon Finesse
2) Special Attacks
3) Finishing Moves

Also, they seemed to be under the impression that everyone can just use Lesser/Greater Reincarnation to totally rebuild their characters whenever they want.  Yes, I want to spend weeks on end farming for hearts of wood, or spend Turbine Points on them, just so I can respec my character completely.

We had a Barbarian in our party, too.  I hit more times than he did, while he did more damage overall, I did damage more consistently.  I also did it faster because, as a Monk with high Dex, I'm beefing up my Air Stance, which ups my attack rate and gives me a chance to double strike.  It also gives me extra Dex, which ups my chances to hit them, and decreases their chance to hit me.  I think shit through, damn it!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #231 on: March 19, 2012, 02:07:42 pm »
It's sad that AC is so borked at end-game that only Paladins, Monks, and Fighters can get any form of useable AC.  No other class can get enough AC for it to even matter, because it's the same as having 0 AC for them.  Their best bet is to have so much HP that they don't die too quickly.

And it's hardest to do for Monks.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #232 on: March 19, 2012, 06:53:23 pm »
That's one of the reasons I kinda dread getting to level 20.  End-game raiding and shit...the whole prospect sounds like fucking busy work, not fun.  Which is a major fucking problem.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #233 on: March 20, 2012, 12:28:19 am »
To be honest, DDO just doesn't have the race I want to play as (Dragonborn)

...Most MMOs don't for that matter.

Oh, but you suggest it, and you get the following messages

"GNOMES FIRST!"

"Dragonborn?  I don't want that stupid 4E shit in my game.  Besides, the dragons of Eberron kill half-dragons on sight, it would break the lore." (Ignoring the fact that Dragonborn originated in a 3.5 side book, and are NOT half dragons, but instead an entirely unique type of dragon that serves and worships the big good dragon.  Which in this case would be Eberron.)

"Ew, no, they'd be overpowered." (Not really...)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #234 on: March 20, 2012, 03:53:43 am »
Pfft...overpowered, my ass.  I'm sure half the people who want gnomes only want them so they can be the first to have one named Mr. Welch.

Which is bullshit, because that honor will be mine and mine alone!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #235 on: March 20, 2012, 10:00:03 pm »
To be honest, DDO just doesn't have the race I want to play as (Dragonborn)

...Most MMOs don't for that matter.

Oh, but you suggest it, and you get the following messages

"GNOMES FIRST!"

"Dragonborn?  I don't want that stupid 4E shit in my game.  Besides, the dragons of Eberron kill half-dragons on sight, it would break the lore." (Ignoring the fact that Dragonborn originated in a 3.5 side book, and are NOT half dragons, but instead an entirely unique type of dragon that serves and worships the big good dragon.  Which in this case would be Eberron.)

"Ew, no, they'd be overpowered." (Not really...)

To be honest I miss the gnomes and I don't understand why they were excluded. But re: Dragonborn, I actually think they're really awesome. IIRC they were originally humanoids who had given up their human form in exchange for becoming champions of Bahamut, and gaining a motherfucking dragon head in the process. Now that is badass.

Also, I'm just going to leave this here.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIlZKS4BJ-w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIlZKS4BJ-w</a>
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #236 on: March 21, 2012, 01:47:55 am »
I must say I'm extremely impressed with Zelda: Spirit Tracks. Not only does it shit all over Phantom Hourglass, but I think it's officially my favourite handheld Zelda game of all time. I sure hope Nintendo makes more Zelda games set in the Wind Waker > Phantom Hourglass > Spirit Tracks timeline, it is by far my favourite one.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #237 on: March 21, 2012, 05:55:18 am »
To be honest I miss the gnomes and I don't understand why they were excluded. But re: Dragonborn, I actually think they're really awesome. IIRC they were originally humanoids who had given up their human form in exchange for becoming champions of Bahamut, and gaining a motherfucking dragon head in the process. Now that is badass.

They didn't just gain a dragon head, they gained draconic-like bodies, albeit anthro.  And they have the choice of getting a tail, wings, or fire breath.

That could EASILY work in Eberron, just change Bahamut out with Eberron.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #238 on: March 21, 2012, 10:49:46 pm »
Fun activity: When playing Spirit Tracks, try naming Link "you cunt". It makes for rather amusing dialogue. The highlight would have to be Zelda screaming "AHHHH! YOU CUNT!" whenever you fuck up and destroy the train.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #239 on: March 21, 2012, 11:21:28 pm »
Fun activity: When playing Spirit Tracks, try naming Link "you cunt". It makes for rather amusing dialogue. The highlight would have to be Zelda screaming "AHHHH! YOU CUNT!" whenever you fuck up and destroy the train.

Try naming any video game character after any swear.

Cloud -> Dammit/dammit makes for some amusing stuff.