Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1462734 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #210 on: March 17, 2012, 04:04:11 am »
I finally did the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC. I -had- to continue my Liara/FemShep relationship but I hadn't until now. Eeeeeeeeeee! I died from the cute.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #211 on: March 17, 2012, 02:13:38 pm »
I finally did the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC. I -had- to continue my Liara/FemShep relationship but I hadn't until now. Eeeeeeeeeee! I died from the cute.

Yeah, I love the battle atop the ship itself, especially when using throw, charge, etc.  I also love all the bonuses you get once you complete the mission.

My wife bought me ME3 for an early birthday present.  I've been avoiding the ME3 thread because I don't want to be spoiled on the story.  Overall it's fun though it seems like you have less choices this time around.  Also, the controls are a little loose.  I've been killed a few times when I went to duck behind a wall but I instead rolled and stood up. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #212 on: March 17, 2012, 02:53:13 pm »
Yeah, the revamped cover system manages to both suck and blow. I don't know how many times I've pressed the button to enter cover, only to roll out and get shot up.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #213 on: March 17, 2012, 03:14:35 pm »
I dunno, I'm missing being able to roll in ME2. Rather badly. I'm dying more because of the lack of rolling. :(

Yeah, I love the battle atop the ship itself, especially when using throw, charge, etc.  I also love all the bonuses you get once you complete the mission.

My wife bought me ME3 for an early birthday present.  I've been avoiding the ME3 thread because I don't want to be spoiled on the story.  Overall it's fun though it seems like you have less choices this time around.  Also, the controls are a little loose.  I've been killed a few times when I went to duck behind a wall but I instead rolled and stood up. 

Which bonuses? The six upgrades and the extra power?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 03:16:18 pm by Shane for Wax »

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #214 on: March 17, 2012, 03:21:25 pm »
Maybe 'bonuses' isn't too accurate.  I meant you get upgrades and materials, along with credits (for investments), along with Stasis.

I also love all the info on everyone.  Grunt bought himself an action figure, Legion got kicked off a gaming site for taunting, and Tali is a covert pervert.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #215 on: March 17, 2012, 03:36:42 pm »
I liked Miranda's and Jack's. I was hoping there'd be one on me. :(

&

Art Vandelay

« Reply #216 on: March 17, 2012, 09:40:32 pm »
Grabbed Anachronox yesterday for $5.99. Aside from the horrible Final-Fantasy-VI-esque combat, it's quite a fun RPG.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #217 on: March 18, 2012, 01:36:56 am »
Finally found where I put my copies of Thief Gold and Thief II.  Gold's being a bit...flakey, looking into fixing that.  However, Thief II's working like a dream.  You know a game's good when you can spend almost 30 minutes on a single level...and not even notice the time going by.

Oh, and, one mission in, and I already had one heart attack moment.  I love this game!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #218 on: March 18, 2012, 06:09:24 am »

Yeah that would be cool.  The other thing that annoys me about ME3;  "Insert Disc 2, insert Disc 1, insert Disc 2, insert Dis 1."  I've been doing this every other mission!  I actually yelled at my TV, "Make up your #%^#@$ mind!"

I also kind of wished they had even a small practice range on the Normandy so I wouldn't have to go down to the Citadel whenever I wanted to try out a new gun.*

*Edit, found another weapon bench in the back of the room of the gun range.  Duh!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:55:20 am by Vypernight »

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #219 on: March 18, 2012, 10:36:22 am »
I can't waaaaaait to get the first two Thief games for my birthday. I've been looking for a game to give me those heart attack moments for so long.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #220 on: March 18, 2012, 03:56:49 pm »

For my "definitive" playthrough of ME2, I saved that scene for the very last. That was beautiful.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #221 on: March 18, 2012, 04:44:09 pm »

Yeah that would be cool.  The other thing that annoys me about ME3;  "Insert Disc 2, insert Disc 1, insert Disc 2, insert Dis 1."  I've been doing this every other mission!  I actually yelled at my TV, "Make up your #%^#@$ mind!"

I also kind of wished they had even a small practice range on the Normandy so I wouldn't have to go down to the Citadel whenever I wanted to try out a new gun.

I'm doing it on ME2 as well. I've had to change it about four times now. Probably my own fault for hopping all over the place but still.

For my "definitive" playthrough of ME2, I saved that scene for the very last. That was beautiful.

I was hoping I'd be able to get more than a 'thanks for stopping by' whenever I'd drop by to pick up some things and such. :(

&

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #222 on: March 19, 2012, 01:04:03 am »
Oh, you silly Xbox gamers.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #223 on: March 19, 2012, 01:55:35 am »
I have Been busy playing wolfenstein.  I play a little game With the Nazi's called "Let me shoot your head off of your shoulders and kill your Friend with the same bullet."  Its fun!   :)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #224 on: March 19, 2012, 03:12:25 am »
What is it with people on DDO and dissing my fucking characters?  My little Drow Ninja Monk got dissed because, due to her being a two-weapon fighting Monk, had high AC as a result.  I got dissed for "AC tanking."

Guess who died exactly one fucking time?  In 4 quest runs.  Half on elite.  Yeah, Mr. "Badass Sorcerer," I stayed right behind you in kills, and died 5x less often than you.  You, good sir, can eat a dick.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.