Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1463033 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1185 on: October 15, 2012, 06:12:29 pm »
This looks awesome, and I'm not a real fan of first person fighting.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJZwv4NqVRY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJZwv4NqVRY</a>
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1186 on: October 15, 2012, 08:02:37 pm »
It seems a bit too realistic and... monotonous for my tastes :-/
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline MoonWolfhowl

• Neonate
  • Frightening Santa
« Reply #1187 on: October 16, 2012, 05:40:00 pm »
I got Pokemon White 2 today.

I wanna get myself a pokerman game again. I have an emulator for Ruby but it's just not the same as getting to play on a handheld.

If you're going to get a Pokemon game, I'd suggest finding a copy of Black or White first, and then later pick up Black 2 or White 2 if you feel so inclined. Aside from being direct story sequels, I think Black or White would offer something of a better experience to someone coming back into the game after an absence.
I haven't played one since Ruby, so...yeah I need some time to get back into it. Only just recently started understanding how EVs and IVs and Natures and stuff works.
Also, Black and White both have horrible real time based mechanics in the game. Specifically, there are different seasons in-game and they change depending on the actual time of the year (or to put it bluntly, you have to regularly exit the game and fuck around with the DS's internal clock to access all of the content). If, like me, you find that sort of thing to be completely insufferable, you may want to go with Diamond/Pearl instead.
I don't really mind, although I missed a bunch of beasties on my first playthrough of Silver because they only came out at certain times.

Also: I only just figured out how Elements are supposed to work in Chrono Cross. By reading the manual. To quote a friend of mine, "I never claimed to be especially bright..."
And my dreams of recreating the cast of Homestuck in my FFT game are down the drain, as it freezes after the first plot-related battle after the tutorial. :(

Saturn500

« Reply #1188 on: October 17, 2012, 09:27:02 am »
http://www.gamesradar.com/deadly-premonition-directors-cut-ps3-q1-2013/

Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut on PS3 Q1 2013

All I needed was the article title in order to be able to say:

"Shut up and take my money!"

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #1189 on: October 18, 2012, 01:23:08 am »
Oh my god, Sleeping Dogs is amazing. I've literally been transfixed for three hours.

It's like the Batman: Arkhamverse combat system, the GTA open-world city, and Red Dead Redemption's writing all got mushed into one disc.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 01:29:13 am by RinellaWasHere »
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #1190 on: October 18, 2012, 04:27:13 am »
I don't know if it's just me, but the 1.8.2 update for Minecraft on XBLA seems to have made drawing a reliable seed for a new world damn near impossible.  ???

Distind

« Reply #1191 on: October 18, 2012, 06:19:58 am »
Oh my god, Sleeping Dogs is amazing. I've literally been transfixed for three hours.

It's like the Batman: Arkhamverse combat system, the GTA open-world city, and Red Dead Redemption's writing all got mushed into one disc.
That's what I was afriad of...

I might get it after I finish xcom. Which has sucked my entire life into it's boney little clutches.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1192 on: October 18, 2012, 06:49:53 am »
Hitman Absolution now has Contracts mode, where you can take a completed mission and designate new targets.  Now as many options as an actual editor, but it sounds pretty good to me.  Already got it pre-ordered, so I can bypass my wife's 'No more games until after Christmas' rule.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1193 on: October 18, 2012, 07:51:54 am »
Anyone here played Resident Evil 6 yet?

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1194 on: October 18, 2012, 07:57:48 am »
I did. I like it enough but it's not as horror laced as the prvios titles but its good I haven't beaten it yet though.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1195 on: October 18, 2012, 08:00:45 am »
Ok.  I was thinking of getting it for Halloween actually.

Saturn500

« Reply #1196 on: October 18, 2012, 06:07:14 pm »
Well, judging from some comments I've read, the new PSN store (currently only available in Australia) is slower than a snail...

A dead snail.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1197 on: October 18, 2012, 06:18:43 pm »
Ok.  I was thinking of getting it for Halloween actually.

I would still get it but I'd get the Antholigy version cause it comes with the other 5 but it cost like $87.99 but its worth it.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1198 on: October 18, 2012, 07:55:06 pm »
I just found a alpha game called Prison Architect which is basically a prison sim.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdFhI9pz784" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdFhI9pz784</a>

The tutorial to the game(video above) itself is probably the only game I've ever taken interest in simply from a tutorial:

(click to show/hide)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1199 on: October 18, 2012, 08:37:10 pm »
I just found a alpha game called Prison Architect which is basically a prison sim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdFhI9pz784

The tutorial to the game(video above) itself is probably the only game I've ever taken interest in simply from a tutorial:

(click to show/hide)

I've been following that game myself, and I have to say I'm very intrigued. It looks like something my PC can handle, it scratches the business sim itch that the gaming scene these days otherwise ignores and it actually manages to effectively tell a story. Assuming the price is reasonable, I'll almost certainly grab it once it's released.