Author Topic: Gillete Ad Upsets Manosphere Crybabies  (Read 16490 times)

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
Re: Gillete Ad Upsets Manosphere Crybabies
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2019, 11:46:17 pm »
Well, FWIW, P&G currently considers the ad a success, according to CNN Money. But I think it's too early to tell.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 11:58:12 pm by Chaos Undivided »
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2019, 01:20:51 am »
Now, can we please get back on topic?

No.  This is way more fucked up.  You seriously believe this?  You seriously think we should care?

Brianna Wu is not trans.  And if she was we wouldn't give a shit!  It's completely irrelevant, is not a bad thing and is a private matter that is none of my business.  If I believed this was true, which I don't, the fact that this is the first thing on this webshites list would discredit them completely and discredits you as well.  I will assume everything they say is a lie unless I get some evidence otherwise.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 01:43:05 am by Skybison »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2019, 01:40:37 am »
Incoming "BUHBUHBUHBUH INTELLECTUAL DISHONESTY WAAAAH (sobbing waffley centrist noises)"
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2019, 02:12:41 am »
Wait wait wait...

We've gone from "stop making ad hominems about people" to "she's lying about not being trans?"
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2019, 02:24:39 am »
Now, can we please get back on topic?

No.  This is way more fucked up.  You seriously believe this?  You seriously think we should care?

Brianna Wu is not trans.  And if she was we wouldn't give a shit!  It's completely irrelevant, is not a bad thing and is a private matter that is none of my business.  If I believed this was true, which I don't, the fact that this is the first thing on this webshites list would discredit them completely and discredits you as well.  I will assume everything they say is a lie.

Oh, for the love of...

Read the wiki. They don't view the possibility of Wu being transgender as a problem in itself. This is why they care:

Despite Brianna Wu's persistent claims of having been born a woman, all evidence would indicate that they were born the son of one Laura Flynt and Doctor Joel Flynt, and grew up in a life of considerable economic advantage, before becoming a woman in his late twenties. Although diagnosable Gender Dysphoria is a real medical condition, and transgenderism itself is an increasingly well understood phenomenon rarely worthy of discussion, Wu has constantly lied about their condition. Brianna Wu has used her newly crafted gender identity to justify many things that she does by using life experiences she provably does not actually have.

Emphasis added. To them, the fact that Wu is transgender would normally be irrelevant; they only care about it because they believe she is lying about her past. I have no problem with you being skeptical of the wiki's claims. There is nothing wrong with thinking the evidence they present isn't convincing enough. No, what I have a problem with is you mischaracterizing the reasons they discuss it, then using it as an excuse to reject their claims out of hand and say it "discredits" me.

I myself am skeptical of the claim, and I don't expect you to believe it or care. What I do expect is for you to exercise basic reading comprehension skills, properly look into things before drawing conclusions, and not fly off the handle or assume the worst. I never said I believe this theory, the closest I came was saying Wu and John Flynt look very similar. I even said I would have to look into the matter myself before I would believe their claims. And you somehow took this as me agreeing with them? How can I expect to have any sort of discussion with you if you can't even understand the words I type?!

*sigh* You know what? Fuck it. I'm sick of your bad faith arguments, I'm sick of your baseless accusations, I'm sick of your twisting my words, and most of all, I'm sick of arguing with people who refuse to show some basic fucking courtesy. Your self-righteous, melodramatic, uninformed little tantrum was the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm done. But before I go, I just want to say this: if this is how you treat everybody who disagrees with you, it's no wonder your forum's on its fucking deathbed.

Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2019, 03:10:34 am »
Well can't exactly say we're losing much in him going.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2019, 08:22:17 am »
...the fact that Wu is transgender would normally be irrelevant; they only care about it because they believe she is lying about her past.

There are no transphobes on this wiki, we've always been at war with Eastasia

I myself am skeptical of the claim

Incoming "BUHBUHBUHBUH INTELLECTUAL DISHONESTY WAAAAH (sobbing waffley centrist noises)"

Now that was prescient as fuck!

*sigh* You know what? Fuck it. I'm sick of your bad faith arguments, I'm sick of your baseless accusations, I'm sick of your twisting my words, and most of all, I'm sick of arguing with people who refuse to show some basic fucking courtesy. Your self-righteous, melodramatic, uninformed little tantrum was the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm done. But before I go, I just want to say this: if this is how you treat everybody who disagrees with you, it's no wonder your forum's on its fucking deathbed.

Our forum will die if we don't become Kiwi Farms, Kotaku in Action or 8chan? If that were true why would it deserve to survive?

Ya know, maybe we need a sticky explaining to assorted gamergaters, meninists, Incels, fundies and alt-righters that this isn't a safe space for them. I mean I'm personally cool if you wanna come on down but I will absolutely mock the shit out of you!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 08:25:14 am by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2019, 03:23:01 pm »
BYE CHAOS!  DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU WHERE THE GOOD LORD SPLIT YOU!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2019, 05:11:23 pm »
I give it a week before they're back.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2019, 06:20:30 pm »
Yeah they didn't even delete their account so you know they can see our replies.

Ironbite-stupid wanker./

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2019, 11:14:38 pm »
He should take a leaf from Jacob and seed a series of sock-puppet accounts.

Go a step further and start using a couple of them now.

Just remember to make sure you follow the fool-proof pattern of making sure that your name is two cool parts. My vote for next name is 'Incandescent Iguana'

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2019, 02:27:02 am »
I still prefer a troll I saw who went as "RealAmerican" and after ban came back as "RealAmerican2" and so on, becoming lazier and lazier in his trolling with each incarnation until "RealAmerican17" was basically just spamming "mods are cucks bna me now" all over the forum.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2019, 05:15:46 am »
That's funny but I like my trolls to be more creative and original.

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2019, 02:35:51 pm »
I still prefer a troll I saw who went as "RealAmerican" and after ban came back as "RealAmerican2" and so on, becoming lazier and lazier in his trolling with each incarnation until "RealAmerican17" was basically just spamming "mods are cucks bna me now" all over the forum.

There was a board I used to go to where a troll immediately came back under a new account called "adminbannedme".  Like nobody would figure it out, right?
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2019, 06:52:39 pm »
Jacob keeps signing up with emails with the same names he's already used as his 'friends', so, y'know. Those just get found a little faster
Σא