Author Topic: Gillete Ad Upsets Manosphere Crybabies  (Read 16491 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
Re: Gillete Ad Upsets Manosphere Crybabies
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2019, 08:09:24 pm »
Carl Benjamin doesn't identify as alt-right, and he doesn't like a lot of the things alt-righters do. This is true. However, he knowingly acts as a gateway drug to the alt-right, believes in giving the alt-right a greater platform than they already have, shares several common beliefs with the members of the alt-right, and prefers the alt-right to anyone leaning even slightly left of center. Carl Benjamin is not a member of the alt-right, but he sure is a fellow traveler of the alt-right, to use some paleoconservative terminology.

That said, that really has nothing to do with the reasons why I don't really take him as someone worth listening to, which mostly has to do with the fact that he's a pretentious douchebag who thinks he's smarter than he actually is, has this annoying voice that's just grating to hear, and actually thinks Kekistan is funny.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2019, 08:28:53 pm »
That's not what the FBI says.

Ah yes, the FBI "investigation" into Gamergate where lots of suspects were let off with warnings and the investigating agents mangled"Tor" with the Norse god of thunder.

Wonder if this had anything to do with the case having a low priority...

"Lots"? Even the article itself admits that only two people were known to have been let off with warnings. Have you read the investigation itself? I certainly trust its results over the unverified claims of a known liar, even with the typos.

But can we please get back on topic?
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2019, 08:31:13 pm »
The fact you cite a website that deems a survivor of multiple manosphere brutalities a "lolcow" says a lot about you.

I can kind of see some distinct alt-right sympathies.

Keep in mind, I have something of a record in sniffing out and exiling Nazis from these communities. One of them lurked on here for a long time and seemed impossible to remove, on account of his history and status as a moderator. I still got him evicted.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2019, 08:37:03 pm »
The fact you cite a website that deems a survivor of multiple manosphere brutalities a "lolcow" says a lot about you.

I can kind of see some distinct alt-right sympathies.

Keep in mind, I have something of a record in sniffing out and exiling Nazis from these communities. One of them lurked on here for a long time and seemed impossible to remove, on account of his history and status as a moderator. I still got him evicted.

OK, one, who are you talking about? Two, even if what you say is true, that doesn't preclude them from being a lolcow. Three, this same website considers Marjan Šiklić a lolcow and derides him for being racist.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2019, 08:47:49 pm »
The person in question was one Soren / Hofstadter's Tortoise / Deimos, someone who repeatedly used "cuck" unironically, argued "they" (immigrant refugees) are incompatible with white natives, and also made several Islamophobic remarks akin to "you'll still be defending them when they're slitting throats in the streets!"

He's quite thoroughly gone now.

Just because she was harassed and gone after by the manosphere for...what, being a girl involved in gaming, does not make her a lolcow.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2019, 09:02:59 pm »
So a manosphere person made a "parody" of this ad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj8VpuLSkHY

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2019, 09:16:40 pm »
So a manosphere person made a "parody" of this ad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj8VpuLSkHY

Good god, now this is pure cringe material.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2019, 09:20:09 pm »
I certainly trust its results over the unverified claims of a known liar, even with the typos.

Okay Undivided DIRECT QUESTION:

Do you think Brianna Wu is secretly a Transwoman?

Because that is literally the first "lie" on that list.  They claim she's a trans, was born as a man named John Flynt and is keeping this a secret for some reason.  Here is a picture they post of Flynt and Wu posted with the claim that they have virtually identical facial structure as proof:

Another DIRECT QUESTION do you think these two pictures have virtually identical facial structure? 

If not why should I trust the rest of this website not to be similar levels of horseshit?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2019, 09:27:39 pm »
You know just for that and all that he's said and done so far, I think the TVTropes forum probably would've banned Undivided 10 times over by now.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2019, 09:38:08 pm »
I certainly trust its results over the unverified claims of a known liar, even with the typos.

Okay Undivided DIRECT QUESTION:

Do you think Brianna Wu is secretly a Transwoman?

Because that is literally the first "lie" on that list.  They claim she's a trans, was born as a man named John Flynt and is keeping this a secret for some reason.  Here is a picture they post of Flynt and Wu posted with the claim that they have virtually identical facial structure as proof:

Another DIRECT QUESTION do you think these two pictures have virtually identical facial structure? 

If not why should I trust the rest of this website not to be similar levels of horseshit?

No, because that's not a picture of John Flynt. That's a picture of Joel Flynt, John's father.

Is this the picture you meant to post?

If so, then yes.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2019, 09:43:18 pm »
Okay, my bad.  But nonetheless, do you believe that Wu is a Transwoman?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2019, 09:43:58 pm »
He has said yes he does believe in this asinine, bigoted conspiracy theory.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2019, 10:19:25 pm »
He has said yes he does believe in this asinine, bigoted conspiracy theory.

Well, according to this page, voter registration records confirm that Brianna Wu used to answer to the name John Flynt. Though I'm not going to just take their word for it; I plan to check this myself, if possible.

AFAIK, all information that could be used to dox has been censored. Let me know if that's not the case, and I'll remove the link.

Now, can we please get back on topic?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 10:43:33 pm by Chaos Undivided »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2019, 11:01:43 pm »
Fuck it, I'm no longer merely suspicious, but rather outright convinced.

Hey Ultie, how's it going? Tenacious little fucker, aren't ya?