Author Topic: Make fun of RR thread.  (Read 38057 times)

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
Re: Make fun of RR thread.
« Reply #150 on: February 08, 2012, 09:33:00 am »
You know, it bothers the shit out of me that theologians, when assembling the bible and deciding what books would make it and which ones wouldn't (and there are a lot of those that didn't), nobody took a moment to realize that ONLY PAUL was saying the things he was. None of the other 12 Apostles or (more importantly) Jesus himself said anything like what Paul was saying.

This didn't throw up a red flag?

Nobody took a moment to question this?

...fucking WHY?

Not to dredge too far back, but the purpose of Abrahamic religions is to have power and control. You really can't get that when everyone says "do unto others" and "turn the other cheek" and all that passive aggressive "hippie bullshit". Fortunately a dick named Paul happened to write his bullshit on the matter and the leaders said "This guy's got the right idea".
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2012, 04:54:43 pm »
I get really annoyed when people bitch about how the world is these days, like here:

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?173039-BABY-BOXES-just-showed-up-on-the-news!

Yes, it's sad that babies are being abandoned, but that's not an indication that the world is going to hell. This is actually an improvement. In the past, most abandoned babies simply died. No one cared about it that much, either. For all their complaining, the world is better than its ever been. I don't know how people can look at the past, look at the present, and say, "Yep, it's getting worse."

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2012, 05:25:31 pm »
I get really annoyed when people bitch about how the world is these days, like here:

Yes, it's sad that babies are being abandoned, but that's not an indication that the world is going to hell. This is actually an improvement. In the past, most abandoned babies simply died. No one cared about it that much, either. For all their complaining, the world is better than its ever been. I don't know how people can look at the past, look at the present, and say, "Yep, it's getting worse."

There's actually a charity that set up places in my state where mothers can drop off their babies after giving birth instead of leaving them to die.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2012, 04:31:16 pm »
I cannot fathom how a parent could dispose of their child, when an animal would do everything in its power and by its maternal instinct to prevent anything from taking away its offspring, or even ponder abandment. Especially given the fact that animals also have no ability to reason.

Please tell me this is really as stupid as it sounds. Wasn't that polar bear that died in Berlin last year abandoned by his mother?

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2012, 05:19:43 pm »
Plus, wolves have been known to eat their young when food is scarce, as well as hyenas and monkeys.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2012, 05:28:13 pm »
Oh, the nature Catch-22. Either you're worse than animals, or you're as bad as animals. You can't win, nature ALWAYS supports their observations.

Animals are huge dicks. Remember Lion King? Yeah, if that was accurate, Scar would have just eaten Simba & no one would have batted an eye over it.

Last semester when I was taking that class I called Japanclass, there was a section talking about how 5-6th century women would kill their infants by stepping on their necks if they figured they couldn't raise them. Interesting trivia for RR.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2012, 12:08:37 am »
And yet, I bet this person cheered triumphantly when Moses' mom put him in a basket and sent him on his merry way down a river.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #157 on: February 18, 2012, 12:18:51 am »

Several hundred years ago, an orphanage (Ospedale degli Innocenti, or "Hospital of the Innocents") was set up in Florence, Italy, where women could discreetly drop off their unwanted infants without being seen.

Why are they acting like this type of thing is somehow new?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:42:10 pm by VirtualStranger »

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2012, 10:43:22 am »
Indeed. Where do they think the baby-on-the-doorstep trope came from?
-A Pen Name

Offline Atavist

• Pope
« Reply #159 on: February 19, 2012, 01:53:38 am »
It comes from the Sense of Discernment that fundies develop.
As soon as they have it it allows them to drop any sense of history, desecration, proportion, or any other of the "senses' the rest of the world uses on a hourly basis.
With their "Discernment", they justify their ignorance and wallow in their nonexistent sense of superiority.
I am too lost for shame
That it moves me unto mirth,
But I can vision a Hell of flame
For I have lived on Earth.