Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2024113 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #675 on: March 06, 2012, 07:21:59 pm »
On the flip side, there are the people who will call you a music snob simply for not liking mainstream music.

Yeah, this too. The same applies to taste in clothing, movies, art, and so on. It's particularly prevalent when you're in high school, but I've run into a few times in my adult life as well. Ultimately, it comes down to the individual feeling insecure when others don't share their personal tastes, and compensating by being a condescending dick.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #676 on: March 06, 2012, 11:36:24 pm »
Something that really annoys me: job hunting. Every day I don't search for a job, I feel like a loser who is complacent with her current dead-end, part-time, job. Then when I apply, I see all the requirements and qualifications and feel like I'm about to have a panic attack because they want X amount of experience and work which I don't possess (I've only had one once and it wasn't bad, I kind of enjoyed it, but as it relates to job hunting is worse). Finally, all the careers I look at want a cover letter and that just makes me feel like an idiot because I can write 30 page discourses about how Rousseau's civic republicanism relates to Marxist thought, but I can't write a freaking 3 paragraph statement about why I would be a good candidate for the job. Then to add insult to injury, I've been searching for 3 months, so a lot of rejection has to have occured :(. Seriously, I can learn everything in school EXCEPT how to write a cover letter, resume, and do well in a job interview.

Sorry, I know I've been bitching about jobs for a while and I just spent the last two hours applying at various places so I needed to vent. I feel a little better now  :-\
Honestly, PM me and ask for help with cover letters if you need it. I'm an English major who can worm his way into interviews easily, using my clever cover letter wiles.

It's the interview that does me in.  :'( ;)

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #677 on: March 07, 2012, 12:55:29 am »
So called "progressives" who are pimping for Ron Paul, and how they cherry pick Ron Paul's stances, but completely ignore liberal alternatives to the Democratic Party, like the Green Party.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #678 on: March 07, 2012, 01:37:44 am »
So called "progressives" who are pimping for Ron Paul, and how they cherry pick Ron Paul's stances, but completely ignore liberal alternatives to the Democratic Party, like the Green Party.

Fucking this. It doesn't help that a lot of them are conspiracy nuts and have a cult-like devotion to their idol. For crying out loud, he's not even a real libertarian.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #679 on: March 07, 2012, 11:07:05 am »

Fucking this. It doesn't help that a lot of them are conspiracy nuts and have a cult-like devotion to their idol. For crying out loud, he's not even a real libertarian.

If he was a real libertarian, he would have a problem with the abuses that are done on the state level, not just the federal level. That's the main reason why he has a bunch of followers who are either racist or dominionists, because in Ron Paul America's, they can have their own little empires. I wish by some messed up form of magic, Ron Paul would be turned into a black lesbian, who is raped and gets knocked up due to the rape in Kansas, and see how he likes "states rights" then.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #680 on: March 07, 2012, 02:51:59 pm »
My lecturer put up the topic to write about neurophysiology. It's only the second week of uni and its like @_@ i have no idea what im looking at.

On the plus side there's 69 topics to choose from. Hur hur hurrrrr.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #681 on: March 08, 2012, 03:15:36 am »
My eye's gotten worse.  It hurts almost constantly now, and its gotten fairly sensitive to light and high contrast.  Looks like whatever's affecting my right eye's spreading to my left, as well...its starting to get a bit pink.

Goin to doctor as soon as I can.  This shit's givin me a fuckin headache.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #682 on: March 08, 2012, 09:31:18 am »
^^ Called it!

Mornings where you wake up feeling way more tired and groggy than usual.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Sandafluffoid

• Bishop
  • Defective Detective
« Reply #683 on: March 08, 2012, 09:54:37 am »
My obsessive need to keep reloading this youtube video until it loads all the way without the connection dying. It annoys me because I actually hate the song and I have now listened to about 10 minutes of the opening few bars.

Also being assigned to learn vocabulary like "obsessive compulsive disorder". This just does not come up in my life. Oddly enough all my complaining about it means I am remembering it better than the useful words.
Oh look it's me.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #684 on: March 08, 2012, 06:46:53 pm »
Getting zero sleep due to frequent vomiting throughout the night. And the general feeling of wanting to die due to a spinning, aching head. Not to mention several smells/tastes that keep making me gag. Someone shoot me.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #685 on: March 08, 2012, 07:44:15 pm »
Taking an hour-long nap and somehow being more tired than I was before when I wake up.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #686 on: March 09, 2012, 06:21:50 pm »
Passing out while having blood drawn.

It was so embarrassing.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #687 on: March 09, 2012, 08:42:58 pm »

Passing out while having blood drawn.

It was so embarrassing.

From what the nurse that draws my blood tells me, it's a *very* common thing.  Even some big burly bad-ass biker dudes faint.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #688 on: March 09, 2012, 09:14:50 pm »
Incredibly realistic dreams where something awful happens, and you wake up feeling like you're about to burst out crying even though you know it was just a dream. :(

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #689 on: March 09, 2012, 09:26:43 pm »
^ This.  Very much so.  I've been having dreams like this more than I used to these days.  I don't really know why.