Author Topic: Film producer claims that neanderthals were orcs  (Read 5614 times)

Offline Atavist

• Pope
Re: Film producer claims that neanderthals were orcs
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 04:07:23 pm »
About the only positive I can say about this whole concept is that he's given me a new image for the orcs in my D&D game.
Beyond that, everything he presents seems to be the product of a rasict, uninformed nutjob.
I am too lost for shame
That it moves me unto mirth,
But I can vision a Hell of flame
For I have lived on Earth.

Offline Lachrymose

• Neonate
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2012, 04:21:25 pm »
Orcs aren't known for being particularly bright.

True, but they could have been Uruk Hai, a step up at least.  ;D

Offline Quasirodent

• Pope
  • You knew it in your heart all along.
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2012, 12:35:39 pm »
Maybe only somewhat related, but since I believe in the plausibility of interbreeding with Neanderthal, I drew my own vision of a hybrid human.  It's probably not THAT accurate, though I did my best at some amateur research on the subject.  Wouldn't mind some feedback if anyone feels like it.

At Deviantart:
Linked because slightly NSFW
Jesus had two dads and he turned out okay.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2012, 06:46:52 pm »
Maybe only somewhat related, but since I believe in the plausibility of interbreeding with Neanderthal, I drew my own vision of a hybrid human.  It's probably not THAT accurate, though I did my best at some amateur research on the subject.  Wouldn't mind some feedback if anyone feels like it.

At Deviantart:
It's well drawn (and kind hot). I don't see any features that look particularly neanderthalish to me. Looks more like just a primitive, tribal human.

Offline Quasirodent

• Pope
  • You knew it in your heart all along.
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2012, 06:58:38 pm »

At Deviantart:
It's well drawn (and kind hot). I don't see any features that look particularly neanderthalish to me. Looks more like just a primitive, tribal human.

I gave her heavier eyebrow ridges, a sloped-back skull, flat, square jaw, and very broad, powerful shoulders.  I could make those more obvious.
Jesus had two dads and he turned out okay.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 10:08:51 pm »
Those features could be a little more pominent, but then again, it's a tricky balance. Go too far that way and she'll look like a full-blood neanderthal.