Author Topic: Westboro Baptist Church fights illleracy  (Read 15999 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Westboro Baptist Church fights illleracy
« on: July 25, 2013, 07:21:19 am »

Offline MadmanJohnson

• Wrath of Primus
  • Pope
  • Able to creep out Deimos.
Re: Westboro Baptist Church fights illleracy
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 07:49:05 am »
BULLSHIT! Cite your chapter and verse please. Or perhaps this is a better representation of his stance?
"What goes in a man's mouth does not defile him. What comes of his mouth does."
Before you die an agonizing, chainsaw-related death, you're gonna hear about the Hate Plague!
I'm accusing you of being stupid.
I dare to be stupid.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 11:39:22 am »
Oh they're very well aware of the hypocrisy.  But they don't care.  They're Calvinists and think they're the chosen people.

Ironbite-too bad they're not.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 02:44:48 pm »
Wait, they're Calvinists?  I must've missed that part when I first heard about them.

(Then again, to be honest, they basically worship a "divine copy" of Fred Phelps, so I think even other Calvinists would shy away from them.)

Whatever the case, they're pathetic and I chortle at them.  CHORTLE I SAY!
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 02:50:49 pm »
Yes, they are in fact Calvinists. At a counterprotest I went to, I ended up arguing with some of them, and they proudly trumpeted their belief that there is no such thing as free will.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 02:53:37 pm »
Chortling is pretty much the best response, but guffawing is also up there.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 02:56:50 pm »
Too bad Jesus didn't say anything in the bible about reading comprehension.

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 03:01:17 pm »
Calvinism is a psychotic belief system.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 03:18:12 pm »
Yes, they are in fact Calvinists. At a counterprotest I went to, I ended up arguing with some of them, and they proudly trumpeted their belief that there is no such thing as free will.

So then I guess they won't blame me for punching them in the face. I mean, it's not like I had a choice, right?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 03:55:59 pm »

So then I guess they won't blame me for punching them in the face. I mean, it's not like I had a choice, right?

Not only that, but if they actually think there is no such things as free will, then that means gays and lesbians were made that way by God and they had no choice in the matter.  So WBC is actually protesting God and his divine design.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2013, 04:07:09 pm »
I view them more as a Calvinism-inspired cult, meself.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 04:47:24 pm »

Not only that, but if they actually think there is no such things as free will, then that means gays and lesbians were made that way by God and they had no choice in the matter.  So WBC is actually protesting God and his divine design.

Except that BECAUSE there's no such thing as free will, WBC has no choice but to protest God and his divine design!
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2013, 04:57:22 pm »
"Can't YOU read?  It says, 'Freedom of Religon!'"

Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2013, 05:46:51 pm »

Except that BECAUSE there's no such thing as free will, WBC has no choice but to protest God and his divine design!

And damn us all for ILLERACY - IN CAPS!!!

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2013, 06:30:00 pm »
Reminds me of the time my dad asked me how to spell illiterate. If only they had done the same thing.