Author Topic: #nobelprizefail  (Read 4179 times)

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
Re: #nobelprizefail
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 11:22:58 pm »
If you want to know why I hate overly religious people, it would be because they are intolerant to any form of criticism. And because Malala criticized the Taliban and their rigidity and self-righteousness that rivals big-name radical Christian organizations of the United States they wanted her dead. Because the Taliban opposed education for non-males, Malala criticized the Taliban. And because these bastards are so sensitive to criticism and look at it as some person attack and an attack on Allah, I hate them.

But once more, we have to wrestle with not radical Islam here in the United States, we have to wrestle radical Christianity and their obliviousness towards the First Amendment and the Treaty of Tripoli. Groups like the American Family Association, the Family Research Council, whatever organizations listed as "Hate Groups" by the Southern Poverty Law Center. And that is why I fear radical Christians more than radical Muslims, because they are the most close to home. God forbid, if you live in a state like Texas were homophobia and misogyny is institutionalized, like me.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 11:24:47 pm by Alehksunos »

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 11:32:12 pm »
Honestly the peace prize is weird like your influence is supposed to be great but like Tutu says Israel is committing the same thing he fought in South Africa with no dice

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2013, 03:09:59 am »
Using hashtags outside of Twitter is right up there with using "swag" or "YOLO" unironically.

Malala got mad swag yo.

YOLO, so she lives TO THE EXTREME.

But, seriously, even though she lost the nobel prize, that doesn't mean she's done. She is going to keep going for what she believes in.

Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2013, 07:36:42 am »
Malala is off to a good start, though perhaps not enough to earn the Nobel peace prize YET and if she continues her work I have no doubts about her getting nominated again. The anti-chemical-weapons organisation is doing a good work and have deserved the prize for their work and as their representatives said this recognition will help them continue their work due to increased publisity.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2013, 11:09:33 am »
Winning a Nobel for Malala would be very much deserved, but would also inflame even more hatred and attempted violence against her by the Taliban. "Uppity female".

She has shown amazing potential for leadership now, and on into the future. She's gotta stay alive to accomplish that.

Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2013, 01:22:04 pm »
The only Nobel prizes that matter are the ones for Physics and Chemistry. Obama won the Peace prize, just to put it in perspective.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2013, 03:23:30 pm »
How does that put anything in perspective?

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2013, 03:40:30 pm »
The man who heads the U.S. conflict in Afghanistan and personally orders the assassination of so-called insurgents (some of them were U.S. citizens, most if not all were no threat to the U.S.) using drone strikes that kill others in the vicinity (conveniently labeled as insurgents by the White House) got a Nobel Peace prize. The dissonance is outrageous.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.