Author Topic: "Good lord, Internet! Cut it out!" On Excessive Beiber Hate  (Read 44792 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
"Good lord, Internet! Cut it out!" On Excessive Beiber Hate
« on: August 02, 2013, 09:42:57 am »
Okay, I'm not particularly a fan of Justin Beiber, and I understand he's dome some jerkass things that have gotten him media attention recently.  However, the Internet has a REALLY fucking annoying hate-on for him that just gets old after hearing so many times.  Beyond being tiresome, there's just what I would call flat out unnecessary hatred for the guy.

There's of course the frequently used "Hurr-durr, he looks like a girl!" thing that people constantly talk about.  It's supposed to be a pejorative, and by being meant to be so, it damned near turns the people using it into bigger assholes than Beiber himself.  Of course, that's not the only hate he gets that floors me.  Recently, a KYM image frontpaged with Justin Beiber wearing a Guy Fawkes mask.  I want you to guess what the main reaction types were to this.

Of course, if you clicked the link, you don't have to guess.  It's filled with tantrum-y bullshit.  There's rage saying that the mask is "ruined forever" (because it was SO SACRED to random pretentious Internet douchebags), as well as people either wishing for or advocating ways to KILL Beiber.  The image may be under cringeworthy, but I'd say the comments section is a LOT more cringeworthy than the image itself.

I'm not saying people have to like or give a shit about Justin Beiber or even feel bad for random fuckwits hating him so much.   All I'm really saying is dear sweet merciful fuck, the extreme, over-the-top hatred for this guy is REALLY fucking annoying.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
Re: "Good lord, Internet! Cut it out!" On Excessive Beiber Hate
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 09:51:24 am »
I agree, you'd think he was a child molester the way some people go on about him.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 10:18:36 am »
I think the stories of him are funny. Just Bieber: 21st century American Badass.

Other than that, don't care a hoot about him.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 10:32:16 am »
I agree, too. I think much of Bieber's present-day jerkassery may be due to this in fact. At least that could be one of the reasons. The Selina Gomez breakup can only explain so much.

I prefer that he was the cute, mop-haired girlish prettyboy than the thug wannabee he's trying to be now. Even though all his musical output is pure plastic bubblegum, I never had any real hate for the guy. I hate what he became, though. I'd rather Bieber be a cute, mop-top, smiling, down-to-earth, playful prettyboy that folks made fun of than the young slug in stupid "ghetto" clothes with the Vanilla Ice hair, dorky owl tattoo & peeing/spitting on everything habit (that makes everyone barf). He wants so hard to be "a maaaaan" that he's acting like a rabid baboon.

This is what the "Macho Masculine Kyriarchal Ideal" does to ya, kids....especially if you happen to be slow-developing, baby-faced 18-19 year old men who have barely left puberty.

The pressures of fame could be a factor, too....or perhaps he was always a brat, who knows?

Frankly, it's apparently considered "cool" to have a rabid hatedom for certain groups, musicians, shows, etc. and the people who like them. Look, some folks dig Green Day, Skrillex, Boston, Britney Spears, Bjork, Motorhead, Gilligan's Island, The Brady Bunch, Twilight, Justin Bieber, or whatever...they should GET OVER IT! Just because they loathe it doesn't mean they have to loudly broadcast it to the point of being a bullying idiot. The hater looks even more ridiculous than the stuff/fans they decry.

Same goes for haters of Furries & LARPers. Who cares? Some folks dig anthropomorphic critter-people, some like live-action role-playing. They're not hurting anyone. Let them be. People who hate those guys are like the Jocks & Cheerleaders ('OOOOhhhh! NEEEEERDS!'). Screw them! Noone's putting a gun to their head and forcing them to don a wizard gettup or goofy animal suit! Let's the dorks be dorks! Dorkiness can be neat! Weirdness results in creativity! I'd rather see a guy with a hard-on for the voluptuous delights of Minerva Mink than, say, an actual mink...or a 4 year old!

Offline Silhouette

• Neonate
  • Something clever belongs here...
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 10:42:59 am »
Haters spread his name around more than his fans. On youtube videos that have nothing to do with him, the comments are filled wih hateful references. Also to "Twilight".  The Kardashians are famous for everyone making a big deal out of a sextape, and now they are for everyone not shutting up about them. The most I hear about them is when someone is complaining about them. How are they supposed to not be famous if no one ignores them?
WTF should I put here?!               was gaptt

QueenofHearts

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 11:07:47 am »
Haters spread his name around more than his fans. On youtube videos that have nothing to do with him, the comments are filled wih hateful references. Also to "Twilight".  The Kardashians are famous for everyone making a big deal out of a sextape, and now they are for everyone not shutting up about them. The most I hear about them is when someone is complaining about them. How are they supposed to not be famous if no one ignores them?

Well, in our defense, Twilight sucks :P

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 11:44:21 am »
I agree, too. I think much of Bieber's present-day jerkassery may be due to this in fact. At least that could be one of the reasons. The Selina Gomez breakup can only explain so much.

I prefer that he was the cute, mop-haired girlish prettyboy than the thug wannabee he's trying to be now. Even though all his musical output is pure plastic bubblegum, I never had any real hate for the guy. I hate what he became, though. I'd rather Bieber be a cute, mop-top, smiling, down-to-earth, playful prettyboy that folks made fun of than the young slug in stupid "ghetto" clothes with the Vanilla Ice hair, dorky owl tattoo & peeing/spitting on everything habit (that makes everyone barf). He wants so hard to be "a maaaaan" that he's acting like a rabid baboon.

This is what the "Macho Masculine Kyriarchal Ideal" does to ya, kids....especially if you happen to be slow-developing, baby-faced 18-19 year old men who have barely left puberty.

The pressures of fame could be a factor, too....or perhaps he was always a brat, who knows?

Frankly, it's apparently considered "cool" to have a rabid hatedom for certain groups, musicians, shows, etc. and the people who like them. Look, some folks dig Green Day, Skrillex, Boston, Britney Spears, Bjork, Motorhead, Gilligan's Island, The Brady Bunch, Twilight, Justin Bieber, or whatever...they should GET OVER IT! Just because they loathe it doesn't mean they have to loudly broadcast it to the point of being a bullying idiot. The hater looks even more ridiculous than the stuff/fans they decry.

Same goes for haters of Furries & LARPers. Who cares? Some folks dig anthropomorphic critter-people, some like live-action role-playing. They're not hurting anyone. Let them be. People who hate those guys are like the Jocks & Cheerleaders ('OOOOhhhh! NEEEEERDS!'). Screw them! Noone's putting a gun to their head and forcing them to don a wizard gettup or goofy animal suit! Let's the dorks be dorks! Dorkiness can be neat! Weirdness results in creativity! I'd rather see a guy with a hard-on for the voluptuous delights of Minerva Mink than, say, an actual mink...or a 4 year old!
I agree, but on the other hand, I have no pity for Bieber or Twilight. So, yeah. I find it really funny to watch him be hated, because I can only imagine how much that fucks up his head even more, and I lack pity for anyone who gets famous based on executives rather than their talent. More people know who Justin Bieber is than know who Trent Reznor is. The list of instruments Trent doesn't play is extremely fucking short, considering he plays all the music for NIN in studio, with the rest of the band existing because Trent Reznor only has two arms and therefore can't do it all live. So yeah, seeing talentless hacks like Beiber get famous pisses me off.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 12:54:25 pm »
In before chi telling us all about how Beiber sucks.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 01:16:48 pm »
I dislike Bieber, because he's a twat, but I ignore him for the most part, like the majority of famous twats out there. Also as to the Twilight hate, Vampires don't sparkle just saying... The same goes for Fifty Shades of Grey, especially when it just shitty fanfiction based on Twilight.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 01:24:24 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 01:25:26 pm »
No you're wrong.  Vampires do sparkle.

Ironbite-right before they burst into flames for walking into the sun the dumbass cunts.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 01:27:11 pm »
I occasionally like to poke fun at Bieber and Twilight, but the degree of hatred present for both on the internet is more than a little extreme.

The "hurr he's a girl" thing (regarding either Bieber or the main vampire in Twilight) is also mildly sexist, as it's based upon and perpetuates BS gender roles, even if it's a relatively minor issue in the grand scheme of things. Same with the "hurr he's gay" stuff, swapping out "sexist" for "homophobic".
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

QueenofHearts

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 01:29:40 pm »
I occasionally like to poke fun at Bieber and Twilight, but the degree of hatred present for both on the internet is more than a little extreme.

The "hurr he's a girl" thing (regarding either Bieber or the main vampire in Twilight) is also mildly sexist, as it's based upon and perpetuates BS gender roles, even if it's a relatively minor issue in the grand scheme of things. Same with the "hurr he's gay" stuff, swapping out "sexist" for "homophobic".

Last March, I heard an elderly transwoman make jokes about Justin Bieber being overly effeminate... That threw me through a loop.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 01:39:39 pm »

Last March, I heard an elderly transwoman make jokes about Justin Bieber being overly effeminate... That threw me through a loop.
That sounds amazingly awesome.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 02:14:04 pm »
It's funny because Justin Bieber's most devoted and obsessive fanbase is his haters.  They pay attention to him with a rabid passion, find out everything he's doing, and always hold a passionate opinion on the matter.

By the way, yes, this is intended to be an insult towards his more rabid haters.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2013, 03:29:55 pm »
Old age has its compensations.  I can glance through a People magazine in the dentist's waiting room and quite honestly ask, "Who the hell are all these worthless twits?"  My blissful lack of knowledge in this area lends a certain gravitas to my life.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.