Author Topic: GOP Congressman Peter King (R-NY) blows up on CNN  (Read 1351 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
GOP Congressman Peter King (R-NY) blows up on CNN
« on: September 17, 2012, 03:21:41 pm »
     O’BRIEN: Never once in that speech, as you know, which I have the speech right here. that was — he never once used the word “apology.” He never once said “I’m sorry.”

KING: Didn’t have to. The logical — any logical reading of that speech or the speech he gave in France where he basically said that the United States can be too aggressive. [...]

O’BRIEN: Everybody keeps talking about this apology tour and apologies from the President. I’m trying to find the words ‘I’m sorry, I apologize’ in any of those speeches. Which I have the text of all those speeches in front of me. None of those speeches at all, if you go to factcheck.org which we check in a lot, they all say the same thing. They fact check this and they say this whole theory of apologies…

KING: I don’t care what fact check says.

O’BRIEN: There are fact checks. You may not care, but they’re a fact checker.

KING: No. Soledad. Any commonsense interpretation of those speeches, the president’s apologizing for the American position. That’s the apology tour. That’s the way it’s interpreted in the Middle East. If I go over and say that the U.S. has violated its principles, that the United States has not shown respect for islam, that’s an apology. How else can it be interpreted?

O’BRIEN: I think plenty of people are interpreting it as a nuanced approach to diplomacy is how some people are interpreting it. So I don’t think that everybody agrees it’s apology.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/09/17/856661/king-obama-apology/

Nothing like sticking your fingers in your ears and going "lalalalalala Obama did it because I said so"
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
Re: GOP Congressman Peter King (R-NY) blows up on CNN
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 03:51:40 pm »
Arguing with Obama haters is a lot like arguing with young-earth creationists. See CaseAgainstFaith's sig to find out what that's like.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Qlockworkcanary

• Bishop
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 03:58:13 pm »
Well, in the GOP's bizarro world, diplomacy (with allies, neutrals, or enemies) = apologizing; acting like a dick, bullying, acting condescending, and waving your cock around = strength and machismo.
"Out of the ash I rise with my red hair and eat men like air." - Sylvia Plath

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 05:05:27 pm »
King is an asshole, he's the one who's a bit obsessive about "radical muslims" in the U.S. and thinks all American Muslims are terrorists more or less.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 05:22:58 pm »
And once again, Solodad O'Brian proves why she's the sexiest journalist in the news media.

Ironbite-sorry Tom Brokaw...she's stolen my heart.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 05:53:27 pm »
I love her expression at the end of that video: "this guy's  such an asshole"
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 05:59:17 pm by davedan »