Author Topic: A funny thing happened on the way to the paint section....  (Read 4947 times)

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
A funny thing happened on the way to the paint section....
« on: January 21, 2012, 04:28:25 pm »
So, as some background, my wife and I call  our daughter "little bit" sometimes (also "monkey") and it's so much of a habit that we don't even think about it.

We're currently painting the house, and as always I needed something from the hardware store.  So I decide to take my daughter with because a) she's been cooped up in the house the last 2 weekends while I've been painting and b) I like to take her with me places to spend time just the 2 of us.  So we're headed to the painting section of the local hardware store and she asked me something (I don't recall what).  I respond with "Nope, that's for big people.  You're just a little bit" and poked her nose.   I look over and this woman a few steps down one of the aisles is GLARING at me.  Like, full on hate.  I don't know this woman, so I just walk on to the aisle I need.  I stop in front of the tape and am looking at the sales and kind of chatting with my little girl.  This woman comes storming around the end of the aisle and stops right in front of me.  I generally dislike the people in my area and try to stay away from then, But I'm also fairly polite so I glanced at her to see if she needed something in the rack in front of me.  Which is when she took the opportunity to say "I heard what you said to that little girl, and you should be ashamed of yourself!"  So now I'm trying to think if there was anything in what we had been saying that could be taken the wrong way by a nosy person, and I couldn't think of a thing.  My daughter is 2, and we were actually talking about Penguins of Madagascar, Spongebob, and painting stuff...so I look at the lady and say "Excuse me?  Not sure what you are referring to, but you really need to not get in my face."  She goes red in the face and says (loudly):

"I heard you call her a little bitch!  That is no way to talk to a child!"

Now my daughter looks like she wants to cry and it's dawning on me that this woman misheard our pet name and got all up in arms over it.  So I start laughing and say "I said 'little bit' because she's just a little princess.  You can wander off now before I report you to the store.  Next time you want to get all excited over something that doesn't concern you, you should probably make sure you clean the wax out of your ears first."

The woman turns all pale and stares at me and my daughter goes "She got wax in her ears, daddy?" Which makes me start cracking up again.  I respond with "yes, little bit.  lets get our stuff and go paint", and we walk away.

tl;dr some busy body accused me of calling my daughter a little bitch and my daughter pointed out that she had dirty ears.