Author Topic: A derp message icon is needed.  (Read 6087 times)

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
A derp message icon is needed.
« on: April 27, 2013, 09:14:38 pm »
No seriously, how else is someone supposed to warn fellow posters of weapons grade stupid contained within a thread? Won’t someone think of the brain cells?!?
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
Re: A derp message icon is needed.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 10:20:49 pm »
Whatever this derp icon is, it should NOT involve Derpy Hooves. I have no desire to insult Derpy with the stupid some threads tend to bring in.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

wrightway

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 12:42:35 am »
What is a derp icon?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 05:56:46 am »
Whatever this derp icon is, it should NOT involve Derpy Hooves. I have no desire to insult Derpy with the stupid some threads tend to bring in.
We have a pony thread in Entertainment and Television. That's where pony talk goes. Not here or any other unrelated thread.

Anyway, back on topic. I see no reason why a simple warning in the title wouldn't suffice. Hell, I never even notice the message icons in the first place (though, naturally, I can't speak for others on this one).

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 02:32:23 pm »
We have a pony thread in Entertainment and Television. That's where pony talk goes. Not here or any other unrelated thread.
That was on topic, Derpy hooves is one possible icon for a "derp" thread.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 02:45:00 pm »
That was on topic, Derpy hooves is one possible icon for a "derp" thread.

I propose the derp guy:

Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 06:28:50 pm »
Since it will probably have to be from the small emoti icon universe...well...I would suggest the same buck-toothed, bulge-y cross-eyed, tongue-pokey emoti I've seen while lurking the threads at RR. It's from an older, free set of emoti's, I think.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 10:01:47 pm »
What is a derp icon?
A small, easily recognizable image denoting stupidity, based off of rage comics.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*