Community > Politics and Government

Justin Trudeau Called on to Resign

(1/2) > >>

Chaos Undivided:
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/02/canadian-opposition-leader-calls-trudeau-resign-190228113038516.html

https://www.theweek.co.uk/99910/will-justin-trudeau-resign-as-canadian-pm

I always thought Trudeau came off as a bit disingenuous, but I didn't expect him to interfere in a prosecution. Assuming the allegations are true, of course.

What do this board's Canadian members think?

dpareja:
SNC Lavalin?

I admit I haven't been paying much attention, but it's kind of a joke that the prosecution is happening in the first place: it's basically impossible to get anything done in the places where they were doing business without bribing people.

SCarpelan:

--- Quote from: dpareja on February 28, 2019, 05:33:33 pm ---SNC Lavalin?

I admit I haven't been paying much attention, but it's kind of a joke that the prosecution is happening in the first place: it's basically impossible to get anything done in the places where they were doing business without bribing people.

--- End quote ---

So you are for letting corporations brake the law to do business and in doing so reinforce the corruption in another country?

DarkPhoenix:

--- Quote from: SCarpelan on March 01, 2019, 09:20:23 am ---
--- Quote from: dpareja on February 28, 2019, 05:33:33 pm ---SNC Lavalin?

--- End quote ---

So you are for letting corporations brake the law to do business and in doing so reinforce the corruption in another country?

--- End quote ---

I don't know about dpareja, but I'm for punishing corporations for the actions they're currently performing, not for actions done a decade ago by people who are no longer employed.  And the facts of this case look a whole lot like the Attorney General in question decided she was going to PUNISH SNC Lavalin as badly as she could, consequences to anybody in Canada right now be damned, and when the people around her became concerned and decided she might not be the right person to be AG if she's going to go off randomly like this, she started screaming about "everyone trying to stop her".  And then the Conservative Party of Canada jumped on it, because of course they did.

Askold:
I guess the main issue here is, are corporations accountable for the things they do or does the accountability end with the people? Can any corporation wash the blood from their hands by giving a golden parachute to the managers who oversaw illegal actions?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version