Community > Politics and Government

What are your future presidential predictions?

(1/22) > >>

Id82:
So anyone have any predictions about what is going to happen over the next two to six years? We have two years now until we vote for a possible replacement to Trump and I've seen a lot of people saying Trump is sure fire to lose the election in 2020 just look at how awful he is. I live in my bubble and everyone in here says they hate him so of course he's going to lose. I think differently though. Not because I want Trump to win or support him in any way. I just don't have a lot of faith in American voters and their ridiculously short attention spans. This Government shut down will be forgotten about by the time the election comes around, as well as his other growing lists of short comings.

I think come 2020 Trump is going to win Re election. I don't think the Democrats are going to pick anyone that will excite voters all that much despite the large amount of people running. Trump will be relentless in his bullying and might still have Russia aiding him in his re election. I hope I'm wrong about this, but I just think the rust belt is still going to swing for Trump. If he wins Ohio and Pennsylvania and Florida it's going to be tough for the Democrats to win.

I believe the Democrats will retain the House and gain some seats in the Senate but not enough to win the Senate in 2020.

Once Trump wins re election over the last four years of his presidency the Republican party will finally realize they can be free of him and start to turn on him as they focus on the next leader who they can prop up. Trump won't be able to get anything done with a Democratic House and he'll just be sitting around angry, alone and bored for the remainder of his presidency if he actually doesn't resign or end up impeached. I don't think impeachment is likely,

I think the Democrats will take back the Senate in 2022. Stripping Trump of any legislative power from then on. Trump will try and do some things through executive actions but the Democrats will make it very hard for him, and he'll just become a joke that no one takes seriously anymore.

Ruth Bader Ginsberg will either retire or pass away, but with a Democratic Senate they'll keep Trump's nominees from going through.

Republicans are quick to turn on their leadership once they see their leadership is weakened. It happened with George W Bush and will probably happen with Trump.

Come 2024 well have Vice President Mike Pence running on the Republican ticket. He has expressed a lot of interest in running for President and I think he'll run strongly unopposed since the Republican party will be fractured at this point. Mike Pence will try and pick a crazy person as his running mate to try and hold onto the disenfranchised Trump voters, but the truth is nobody really cares about Mike Pence. He's as interesting as Dry Wall, sexist, behind the times when it comes to women's rights and won't be considered exciting. The Trump voters won't turn out like they did for Trump.

The Democrats will have someone exciting finally. I honestly think we haven't even heard of this person yet, but I think it will be a woman and she'll win by a landslide and will be demonized by the right continuously during her run and during her presidency. If the tea party was any indication of the political climate to come and paved the way for Donald Trump, than I think the #Metoo movements and women's rights marches are a sign of how things are going and I think 2018 was just the beginning.

The Media will ask what happened to the Republican party, they don't have a message and they're not organized much like they did after Hillary lost in 2016.

The only way my predictions change is if the economy crashes sometime later this year or next year. Then I think Trump will lose.

So has anyone else been predicting how things will turn out?

dpareja:
Everything hinges on the 2020 Democratic Presidential primary, because with 20+ seats to defend in the Senate those coattails could throw a lot of incumbents aside.

That is all.

rookie:
Presictions, eh? Well, sometime this summer McConnell turns on Trump. McConnell likes being kingmaker and will throw his support behind an establishment challenger. I'm thinking Romney and Nikki Hailey, although personally I'd love to see Huntsman do well.

The Democrats, I'm not too sure. It'll be a bitter ugly primary between the Establishment and Bernie Babies. I can't call that one. If pushed, I suspect Biden/ Beto would narrowly edge out Bernie and what's his face from Indiana. But there are way too many variables for me to have any confidence.

So a Mexican standoff between Trump/Pence, Romney/Hailey, and possibly Biden/Beto. Either way the House picks up quite a few Democrat seats. Senate picks up a few as well. Whatever the majority party is, it's just barely a majority.

dpareja:
McConnell won't turn on Trump. Trump is significantly more popular in Kentucky than McConnell is, so doing that would open McConnell up to a primary challenge.

ironbite:
Also the RNC just said no Primaries for 2020 so....

Ironbite-no challenger to the Emperor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version