Author Topic: But why aren't Muslims condemning terrorism?  (Read 4694 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: But why aren't Muslims condemning terrorism?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 02:57:39 pm »
Wait, the IRA is still attacking people?  Huh.  Learn something new every day, I guess.

pyro

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 04:44:14 pm »
...You know, 70'000 Muslim clerics condemn terrorism but how many Catholic priests have you heard of condemning child molestation done by the Catholic church or the terrorist attacks done by IRA? It was just last month when IRA last (as far as I know) killed someone in a terrorist attack after all.

Some Islamic church condemning a terrorist attack isn't even news at this point; it always happens.

The Catholics don't bother condemning the IRA because they would rather not admit that the IRA exists and is Catholic. The aforementioned Muslim clerics don't have that option.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 05:03:29 pm »
...You know, 70'000 Muslim clerics condemn terrorism but how many Catholic priests have you heard of condemning child molestation done by the Catholic church or the terrorist attacks done by IRA? It was just last month when IRA last (as far as I know) killed someone in a terrorist attack after all.

Some Islamic church condemning a terrorist attack isn't even news at this point; it always happens.

The Catholics don't bother condemning the IRA because they would rather not admit that the IRA exists and is Catholic. The aforementioned Muslim clerics don't have that option.

Fuck a lot of Irish Catholics around the world unashamedly supported the IRA. I've sung and danced to IRA songs in pubs in Brisbane. The reason, as  I gather it, that the IRA aren't as heartily endorsed as they used to be is ironically not because there is a unified independent Ireland but that they almost stopped being political and just morphed into the Irish version of the Mafia together with the UDL.

Offline Delirium

• Bishop
  • "i choose my own way to burn." - sophie scholl
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 12:52:41 pm »

Fuck a lot of Irish Catholics around the world unashamedly supported the IRA. I've sung and danced to IRA songs in pubs in Brisbane. The reason, as  I gather it, that the IRA aren't as heartily endorsed as they used to be is ironically not because there is a unified independent Ireland but that they almost stopped being political and just morphed into the Irish version of the Mafia together with the UDL.

What's funny is that Peter King, a Congressman who organized McCarthyite hearings about Muslim terrorism, supported the IRA in the 80s.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 03:15:36 pm »
International support for the IRA is basically what made the Boston bombing fucking hilarious.

What's that Bostonian?  Been donating to Noraid for decades?  Now you're upset a bomb has gone off in your backyard?

I...seem to have dropped the fuck I had to give...

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 03:45:18 pm »
Although you have a point that is valid for perhaps a few hundred of the millions of folks in Boston, and absolutely none of the victims, fuck you for that post, boyo.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 09:32:41 am »
Although you have a point that is valid for perhaps a few hundred of the millions of folks in Boston, and absolutely none of the victims, fuck you for that post, boyo.

Everybody injured in the Arndale centre bombing was a member of the parachute regiment.  True story.

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 10:21:11 am »
A fine example of typical right-wing thought process. Let's follow mass murderers' sense of morality when it comes to collective punishment.

#feedingthetroll

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 11:21:52 pm »

Everybody injured in the Arndale centre bombing was a member of the parachute regiment.  True story.

Look on the bright side - at least they blew up an Arndale.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR