Author Topic: About Joan of Arc  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
About Joan of Arc
« on: July 07, 2018, 09:29:52 am »
Remember how I said that I left Roman Catholicism because they canonized Joan of Arc who fought against the English in the Hundred Years War as a Saint? Well I realized that God might not like that I left a Church for Anglocentric nationalist reasons and that I should do more research into her politically motivated charges of heresy by the English to see if she really was a heretic or if she genuinely had visions from God because if she did, he might get angry at me for hating a Saint and hold me accountable for it on Judgement day.

Art Vandelay

Re: About Joan of Arc
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 09:57:52 am »
You know what? I have the perfect solution to your little dilemma. There just so happens to be an upcoming expansion for Crusader Kings 2 called Holy Fury. As you no doubt suspect, it focuses a great deal on religious mechanics and holy wars in particular. The thing that would interest you the most, I suspect, is that now characters can be canonised by the church, should circumstances permit it. So in essence you can create a world where Joan of Arc is never canonised (or even born, for that matter), and therefore you don't need to worry your sweet little head about this stuff in the first place.

Unfortunately, we don't have a release date yet, but it'll probably be out around the end of the year. Paradox are a pretty reliable company, after all. So yeah, that'll hopefully calm you down a bit.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 03:39:43 pm »
What if Joan of Arc was your second cousin.

Ironbite-would you still try and fuck her?

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 03:44:35 pm »
You know what? I have the perfect solution to your little dilemma. There just so happens to be an upcoming expansion for Crusader Kings 2 called Holy Fury. As you no doubt suspect, it focuses a great deal on religious mechanics and holy wars in particular. The thing that would interest you the most, I suspect, is that now characters can be canonised by the church, should circumstances permit it. So in essence you can create a world where Joan of Arc is never canonised (or even born, for that matter), and therefore you don't need to worry your sweet little head about this stuff in the first place.

Unfortunately, we don't have a release date yet, but it'll probably be out around the end of the year. Paradox are a pretty reliable company, after all. So yeah, that'll hopefully calm you down a bit.

And if you like, you can marry your second cousin too.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 04:14:18 pm »
Is "marry your second cousin" going to become the new "eight-year-olds, dude"?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 05:12:24 pm »

Well back then marrying within the family was actually common and even first cousins married.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 05:13:37 pm »

Is the Hundred Years’ War part of Crusader Kings 2?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 06:09:24 pm »

Well back then marrying within the family was actually common and even first cousins married.

So since you seem want to live in the 1300s or so you should have no problem marrying your second cousin.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 07:59:31 pm »
Seriously dude...go for it.  She was sending out a huge signal.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 08:06:54 pm »
I mean, you obviously live more in the 1400s than in the present, what with your obsession with English nonroyalty and usurpation.

Why not make it official and just marry your second cousin?

I mean, on top of that you look like one of the uncanny mutants the Habsburg Line churned out.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2018, 09:10:51 pm »
Remember how I said that I left Roman Catholicism because they canonized Joan of Arc who fought against the English in the Hundred Years War as a Saint? Well I realized that God might not like that I left a Church for Anglocentric nationalist reasons and that I should do more research into her politically motivated charges of heresy by the English to see if she really was a heretic or if she genuinely had visions from God because if she did, he might get angry at me for hating a Saint and hold me accountable for it on Judgement day.
And no doubt you'll find some ghastly motivation for your uninteresting fixation that all present will mock you for and you'll feel validated because you're getting some attention, even if it's from strangers hundreds of miles away who despise you, in your lonely little world.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2018, 03:34:12 am »

If not in the vanilla game, then there'll definitely be mods for it.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 04:20:00 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2018, 04:10:01 am »

Yes. The game lasts until 1437, near the end of the Hundred Years' War and well after Joan of Arc.

There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.