Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387705 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #645 on: February 14, 2017, 03:52:33 pm »
https://theintercept.com/2017/02/13/spies-must-bored-easy-trump-makes-jobs/

The fact that everyone in the GOP isn't insisting on impeaching Trump ASAP is a clear sign that they care less about USA than they care about their position.

Its how it is.  The GOP are only interested in Trump for as long as they can get their agenda across.  Nothing of their agenda actually has anything to do with the voters because they don't give two fucks about them.  But the longer this goes on, the more likely mid-terms will be a slaughterhouse.

Ironbite-and I for one can't wait to have some GOP Pulled Pork.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #646 on: February 14, 2017, 06:44:24 pm »
https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=115&session=1&vote=00063

Steven Mnuchin, who worked at Goldman Sachs, a bank Trump railed against during the campaign, and headed up a bank that did massive robosigning, has been confirmed as Treasury Secretary by a 53-47 vote. The vote was party-line other than Joe Manchin (D-WV), who voted to confirm Mr. Mnuchin to his position.

Also, David Shulkin was unanimously confirmed as Secretary of Veterans Affairs, and Linda McMahon was confirmed 81-19 as the administrator of the Small Business Administration. The dissenting votes on Ms. McMahon's nomination were Democratic Sens. Baldwin (WI), Booker (NJ), Brown (OH), Durbin (IL), Gillibrand (NY), Harris (CA), Heinrich (NM), Markey (MA), Merkley (OR), Murray (WA), Reed (RI), Schatz (HI), Schumer (NY), Udall (NM), Van Hollen (MD), Warren (MA), Whitehouse (RI), and Wyden (OR), along with independent Sen. Sanders (VT).

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=115&session=1&vote=00064
https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=115&session=1&vote=00065
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #647 on: February 14, 2017, 07:44:05 pm »
McMahon...

It'd be kind of funny if she suddenly declared she was turning from Heel to Face and kneed Trump in the groin.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #648 on: February 14, 2017, 07:47:38 pm »
Honestly it was her who took the WWE to the heights it has been.  But ruthlessly exploiting it's workforce by claiming their contractors not employees.

Ironbite-god damn it just oppose every single thing this man does ok?

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #649 on: February 14, 2017, 07:53:03 pm »
McMahon...

It'd be kind of funny if she suddenly declared she was turning from Heel to Face and kneed Trump in the groin.

She got a lot of support from the Connecticut senators, both of whom she ran against in 2010 and 2012. They vouched for her that, being up close and personal with her during her Senate campaigns, she was qualified for the position.

Doesn't change that she only got control of the WWE so Vinnie could hide his assets after Uncle Sam kicked him in the sack for that whole "feeding wrestlers steroids" thing in the 90's. Though, this is the first presidential administration to have a member receive a Stone Cold Stunner, and the first to have received two Stone Cold Stunners.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #650 on: February 16, 2017, 03:43:27 pm »
https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=115&session=1&vote=00068

Mick Mulvaney has been confirmed 51-49 as the Director of the Office of Management and Budget. The vote was along party lines (both independent Senators voted against), except for the dissension of Sen. John McCain (R-AZ).

EDIT:

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=115&session=1&vote=00069

Also today, the Senate invoked cloture on the nomination of Scott Pruitt, a climate-change denier who as Attorney-General of Oklahoma sued the EPA and has taken lots of money from oil companies, to be the Administrator of the EPA.

The vote was 54-46, party-line (both independent Senators voted against), except for the dissensions of Sens. Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND) and Joe Manchin (D-WV).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:46:12 pm by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #651 on: February 16, 2017, 05:41:57 pm »
"The leaks are absolutely real," he said. "The news is fake because so much of the news is fake."

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #652 on: February 16, 2017, 06:03:05 pm »
I...I don't know what to think of that.

Ironbite-its just depressing to think about.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #653 on: February 16, 2017, 06:24:50 pm »
So the leaks about the Russian stuff was real, but it was fake because the news is fake news?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #654 on: February 16, 2017, 07:43:03 pm »
Exactly.

Ironbite-so the only ones we can believe are.....clowns.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #655 on: February 16, 2017, 08:38:50 pm »
Russia is fake news! I don't have any ties to Russia. I certainly don't have any loans with Russia. No one in my campaign was funded by Russia, to my knowledge!

Anyway it was something I was told. But you agree it was a huge electoral victory.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #656 on: February 16, 2017, 09:22:26 pm »
Russia doesn't even exist! It's a yuge hoax cooked up by the media!
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #657 on: February 17, 2017, 02:38:18 pm »
The net is full of stuff about the latest Trump press conference and it really looks like a disaster. Or as his fans put it: "PRESIDENTIAL AF"

Other than that The Donald Reddit mainly seems to agree that Bill Clinton is a rapist and there are no other news.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

pyro

« Reply #658 on: February 17, 2017, 03:10:00 pm »
Considering the fact that the only way we know President Trump even exists is from the newsmedia, "everything the newsmedia says is a lie" seems self-defeating for Trump's supporters...

Edit: It also gives about-to-retire news anchors the perfect chance to troll-em. Just say "And for my last news cast, I have an announcement to make. I am lying, right now."
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 03:11:36 pm by pyro »

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #659 on: February 17, 2017, 06:25:50 pm »
So in Trumps continued war with the media the orange fuck tard now put a survey on media accountability on gop.com https://action.donaldjtrump.com/mainstream-media-accountability-survey/
I can't wait until those "real" news sites like Info wars and Brietbart to quote the results of this survey.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t